15yroldbbuilder is offline New Member

What Should I Do???

I need some help with this. I'm going to change my routine because what i did before was i did back with legs on the same day, and i workout about once a week, intense workout but people are telling me it's not good because they are 2 major muscle groups. here's what my routine looks like.

Day1: Legs, Back
    Day7: Chest, Bench Press, Triceps
    Day1: Biceps, Shoulders

What should i change? I want to be as big as possible, i wanna be a bodybuilder

cdog is offline Associate Member
    day 1 arms back
    rest 2days
    day 2 chest tris shoulders
    rest 2 days
    day 3 legs
    rest then start again

palme is offline Rosie Member
    If you want to put on mass you could try a 9 day split. Meaning you work true your body in 9 days. Something like this.

Day1: Chest, biceps
    Day2: Rest
    Day3: Legs, calves
    Day4: Rest
    Day5: Back
    Day6: Rest
    Day7: Shoulders, triceps
    Day8: Rest
    Day9: Start over with chest, biceps

Do basic exercises like Benchpress, deadlifts, squats, barbellcurls, dips, chins, bent over rows etc.

I have pretty decent muscle mass for a 15yr old. I've been working out since i was 11 and i really perfer working out once a week, i feel i gain alot better results when i train hardcore once a week(every Sunday)

i'm trying to fit all my exercises into 3 routines.

what about this,

Day 1: Chest, Biceps, Forearms, Wrists.
    Day 7: Legs, Calves, (I'd like to add back in here because its alot less complicated doing legs with back)
    Day 1: Back, Triceps, Shoulders.

Is it ok doing legs and back in the same workout??

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you tried any of the suggestions that these bro's gave you? I'm all for whatever works for you, but I also believe that that too will eventually stagnate. Keep these suggestions in mind as you will eventually need to move up.

In answer to your question, IMO don't see anything wrong in working your back with legs. I don't, becuase my leg workout takes up the entire hour and I like to be completly focused for both. (I'm sorry but trying to see straight while walking to the car is a big enough problem after squats.) But hey, whatever blows your skirt up...and more importantly, whatever works for you.

~~Peace~~

PS What are you doing for wrists? I though that movement at the wrists were dictated by your forarems...

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    i know you're trying to split your workout up into 3 days and you like working out on sunday ....... but working out large muslce groups back to back days, like you have it day 7 the day 1 again, puts a strain on your body because you can't get enough rest time, if i were you i'd have at least one rest day in between work out days and since you like working out on sunday, i'd use that as my prioritizing day, ie.. whatever you feel needs worked on the most use that day

Poppa Pump is offline New Member
    Does anyone think that a 15 year old doesn't need 2 weeks of rest before they should hit that muscle group again? When you're younger, it's harder to over traing. Try training as often as possible without over training...that would definately work best, and not just for you, for everyone. If it only takes your chest 3 days to recover...why wait 3 weeks to work it out again? In the next month or so, why not test how easy it is for you to over train? Try doing a 3 day split: day 1 - abs, chest, and back; day 2 - legs; day 3 - shoulders, bis, tris (and possibly abs); and day 4 - rest. Then repeat. If you over train with that try throwing more rest in by adding in rest days, or adding in more training days so you're doing less work each training session...hope this helped.

Thread Information