15yroldbbuilder is offline New Member

Bruce Lee Exercise!

I remember reading years ago that the late Bruce Lee developed his strength and build from holding an 80LB dumbbell out in front of him with both hands for 5 minutes.

You think this really works? i'm talking strength gains more then weight, cause what i need is strength..

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    doing an exercise where the muscle remains contracted for an extended amount of time will build muscular endurance but not necessarily strength. i do shrugs and make sure to hold at the top as long as i can on the last set to help nail my traps really hard and fatigue them.

im almost certain warrior would know the scientific answer to this...

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by daem

im almost certain warrior would know the scientific answer to this...
    Yes, but warrior and his "science" will also have you believe that man actually landed on the moon , so take that all with a grain of salt. Just kidding...i'm sure he'll know.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    if u're talking about lee holding an 80lb DB with both arms fully extended for 5 minutes, i would have to see it to beleive it. I wouldn't go crazy with a technique like this, but variation is always good.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

it'a like doing static contraction exercises

or X-reps. good for tendon and ligament strength.ithink it's Sisco that wrote the book on it.same one who wrote power factor training.readboth.usenone,haha.i likedpower factoring as a measurementfor strength increase in termsof volume, but i think they make it morethan it is.nowi'moff topic!!!ok enough of me

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    that exercise is basically an isometric contraction. It will build strength and endurance but only at that specific angle for the muscles.

Assassinator is offline Associate Member
    5 minutes .. lol ...

He couldnt even hold a 50 lb dumbell for 1 minute.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that Bruce Lee was a ab and forearm FANATIC!! He trained these muscles constantly. He always talked about grip and how it was vital to fighting.

jerseymeathead is offline Junior Member
    actually i was reading about bruce lee's excersie program in some workout magazine. as you can tell by his figure he wasn't about muscle growth- just endurance and speed. he did several excerises using a barbell with light wieght in simple compound motions to accomplish this. for example we would do standing military press 10 reps 4 sets twice a week. his karate/yoga meditating and strict diet got him his sick abs and cuts.

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    it was 125lbs on a barbell.. not an 80lb dumbbell

Thread Information