jurewix is offline Junior Member

question about burning fat?

I understand that the 2 most important things about burning fat are 1, diet ad 2, cardio. Now i have a question about burning the fat, is the fat lost caused by sweating or is it caused by increase of your heart rate?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    It is caused by your body using fat stores as energy. Sweating has to do with your body cooling itself off, you could be sweating up a storm and losing no cals (like in a sauna) Heart rate is a better basis but even then if your glycogen levels and insulin are full you won't be burning fat but glycogen in your muscles and liver (carbs). That is how it is a combo of Diet and cardio.

Pain

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    lets say someone who did cardio and dieted was put up against someone who did no cardio but just dieted, they both lost the same amount of weight, would the guy who did cardio look in better shape, if so, why?

yellows2k is offline Member
    You can't compare these 2 people unless they were the exact same body type with the exact same genes, training style, diet, body type, etc....

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    As yellow said this would be hard to compare but with all things being equal I would say the cardio guy would look much better (granted he was doing cardio correctly) Usually when you diet down hard you look very flat and your body isn't getting proper nutrients and it looks it. Cardio you burn calories at one interval of time and then eat "healthy" the rest of the time, still it should be calorie deficitient, but much less than the non-cardio person.

Pain

sooner45 is offline Member
    Pain can you elaborate on what "Proper Cardio" acyually is? Thank You!

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would say getting into your THR Zone and maintaining it for the amount of the session would be proper enough for you to understand. Sorry I am not pain but i thought I would throw a bone at ya.

what if you did proper cardio and did it in a bubble that was like a sauna?? since your sweating and doing cardio in your target heart rate zone would this be the best option:
    abstrack@protonmail.com

sooner45 is offline Member
    Hey thanks Ab!!

Thread Information