novice1 is offline Junior Member

upper chest needs help

my chest looks good but along the colar bones it looks like nothing is there. if i had on a v-neck shirt the area in the v is where the problem is. i have done incline first for the last 6 months and sometime do incline only. i do incline bench and incline flys, i put my feet up on a chair and do incline pushups, etc. it's starting to look bad and i need to do something different. any ideas how to really blast the upper upper part of the chest. i feel like if i get to inclined i work more of my shoulders.
    Last edited by novice1; 05-23-2003 at 11:48 AM.

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    Pec Deck Machine.

Flat Dumbbell Flys.

Heavy Barbell Bench Press.

try those. Good Luck

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    find someone who knows how to really spot and BLAST it heavy. Keep adding the lb's on the bench and force some out. Also have you tried to really hit the negative reps?

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    you've already said it, incline flys and incline bench press

you need to get your form strait because you are pushing with your delts instead of chest, have someone take a look at it and tell you what you're doing wrong

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Yep check that form .Also you may want to try a cycle of pre-exhaust.
    something like this could work for you

pec deck flys

incline press

weighted dips

by doing the iso movements first you can pre-exhaust the upper pecs then go into the incline press with fresh tris to help further exhaust the chest .When you reach failure on your incline press its your smaller muscles giveing out before your pecs (tris)Therfore if you do your iso movements first its all chest working then upon failure you can go into the pressing movement to help further exhaust the pecs with the help of the fresh tris ...........CDOG

Following the advice of one of the bros I work with (a rather large mofo), I decided to try doing flies using one of those big rubber balls that are all the rage these days in the gym instead of my usual incline bench and decline bench flies.

Hoo-lee-sheeet! What a pump!

It's been 3 days now and my chest still feels tight as hell. I am not quite sure how using a ball instead of a bench changes anything in the exercise (well, other than being a lot more strict on form, or else you fall off!), but I was surprised to say the least. Anyone else use these gizmos?

Red

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i use the swedish ball in my ab routine, back routine, and sometimes for chest.

i find i can't cheat as much on the ball unless i want to risk falling off.

as far as giving a better contraction or pump, i have no idea why an arched back would facilitate this.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Novice, IMO you should try doing DB on the swis ball like Red and Daem are talking about. I throw them into my routine now and then. They are so right about form while doing this one. Everything has to be slow and in control. By all means don't make it a staple but give it a try.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I ment dumbell presses on that last post. Sorry

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    the ball makes you use form and stabilizer muscles

Thread Information