Lacrosseman is offline New Member

Wanting to get big and compete

What's up guy, thought I'd post one more time. I've recently decided I really want to start doing some serious body building and I mean do it like I played lacrosse, where it's a passion and I think I'm getting there but I don't have the right diet or ideas about routines. I'd really love some help and tips on what I should do if my goal is to one day compete say a year from now I'd like to get to a point where I'm almost ready... I'm only 19 so I'd say by the time I'm 21 I'd like to be able to maybe compete. If not I'd just like to be really ripped and huge. Just some tips from you folks about who to talk to, what to take and things like that. I'd really appreciate it.

Peace

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Hey bro, thats just general info. The best tip i can give you is to read. Read every single thread, read all the magazines, read every book, make friends with everyone in the gym and talk to them about working out.

I'll warn you that you will run into a ton of shitty info, but thats why you have to read everything so that you can tell the good stuff from the bad.

I'll give ya one last tip, its easy to access the internet and stuff like that, and its nice if you have specific questions, thats whats great about AR, but you will find the best info in books.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    but you will find the best info in books.
    saboudian - what kind of books?

Lacrosseman is offline New Member
    Thanks guys, I'm trying to pic up all the info I can right now. Diet is the toughest part it would seem, don't want to undereat but can't overeat, no carbs, tons of carbs, it's all confusing as hell but I'll sort through it eventually

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Heh, HiFi just look at warrior's profile, he's got some good ones in there. Or just go to like a barnes&nobles or borders and just start goin through em and see if you find something that interests you, they usually have a decent amount of bodybuilding books.

Hey lacrosse, just keep reading and it will begin to sort itself out. If you really want to compete, you don't necessarily need to be big, i would just pick a date for next year and shoot for it.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Welcome to our world bro. Most of us want to get huge and ripped and part of us actually want to compete. Most of what you need to learn can only be taught through trial and error. Finding the right workouts and diets are the top two than only time can answer. Saboudian is right though, read, read, and read some more, ask questions get to know "those" guys in your local gym that can give you pointers. Good luck in your quest.

Thread Information