Thread: 2 times a wk

4plates is offline Banned

2 times a wk

i know alot of you guys are againt working the same muscles twice a wk.but do you think it really possible to over train this way,or could it possibly be benificial.

lets say monday is chest,shoulders and tris,hitting them as hard as possible with a few diffrent exercises.then a few days later do it again but this time not so intense,maybe lower the weight and do some mad reps.to get blood flowing to these areas to aid the healing process.

doing the same for legs,back,forearms etc..

lets hear some advice,or just tell me im nuts.

ptbyjason Guest
    Ok, you're nuts. Just kidding bro

Here is the philosophy I have always followed.

If you work your muscles hard enough you should be sore for several days, if you are not sore that long, then there is a problem with your workout.

If your muscles are sore, you should not work them out. It takes time for them to heal and until they are completely healed, there is no reason to tear them again.

4plates is offline Banned
    i know what your saying bro im sore as hell right now.i have to bribe the mrs into a good massage tonight,heheh yeah right.
    anyway i just thought if i got the blood flow to these areas they would heal sooner.
    actually the thought of doing a curl right now hurts. i quess ill wait till monday

bigtraps is offline Member

Thumbs up

check out Ronie's routine in the Flex.
    Everything twice a week, hard.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i like to change it up. sometimes i go twice a week, sometimes only once a week. it all depends on what pahse i'm in

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    If i train a body part twice a week the second day would be a lot lighter and higher rep to get the blood flowing which will help you to recover.

Thread Information