RockyX is offline Senior Member

Siran(sp) wrap....true or false.

There is a guy at my work with a pretty awsome 6 pack who swears by this. Everyday, all day long he wraps siran wrap around his stomach 4 times...says that it enduces sweating and helps burn fat quickly, site specifically....just wondering if you have heard about this and if there is any truth to it.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    Umm? impossible to burn fat from only a specific area of the body.. sounds ridiculous to me, all it does is cause sweating, possible dehydration which might lead to a flatter appearing stomach.. no different than those suits you put on for wrestling when you are trying to lose some quick water weight

scheme00 is offline New Member
    yes i have heard of this.....but i think this method is very effective during ur werkouts..

Feli Fly is offline Junior Member
    HiFi is correct IMO...

It wouldn't burn fat. You can't burn fat in just one area. I would think that, if anything, the saran wrap would cause heat increase in the abdominal area because it couldn't do evaporative cooling, and less fat burn would occur to try and compensate by less body heat production. But that effect would be very minimal either way.

What he is probably losing is just water weight... you have probably heard of wrestlers/boxers who use plastic wrap and duct tape, sweatsuits, etc to drop weight fast for weigh-ins or the comp BBers who use low sodium precontest diets and preparation H topical? You know how you look a lot more ripped in the mirror on New Years morning due to dehydration LOL? This guy is using the same idea, but it's just water weight, so easy come, easy go.

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys just thought it was odd so I just threw it out there to see what ya'll had to say about it...thanks for the replys.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I actually tried this a day ago and no dice. I did it on my hams,quads, and abs and nothing. Some people claim it works but it didn't do anything for me.

Thread Information