upper middle of chest

What are the best exercises for the uper middle chest? I am currently doing incline flies, incline bench, and incline db press. I alternate between the db press and incline bp.

I am looking for somthing that really isolates that middle upper chest.

any suggestions?

hybrid is offline Member
    There is a school of thought that says that the chest is one muscle only and works and grows the same no matter what angle you use. I read this in an article talking about how specific angles do not help you get those raised ridges between your pecs.
    That being said, I have the same area that I would like to improve upon. The only way that I have been able to help it is to work chest hard, and give it plenty of rest between workouts. I think that many people overwork the chest.

Well, I do 12 sets, 3 incline becnh, 3 bench, 3 incline flies, and 3 pec dec supersetted with highrep cable crossovers.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    The school of thought that states that pecs develop one way no matter how they are worked is incorrect.

The pectoralis muscle is kind of special, in that it has many attachment points to the sternum and ribcage. Each part is designed to contract under a specific range of movement. Working the chest involves activating all of these fibers, which requires hitting the muscle from many angles.

Concentrate on doing flyes like this: at the bottom of the movement, your arms should be parallel to the floor, elbows *slightly* bent. As you raise your arms in a hugging motion, avoid straightening your arms as this brings the triceps into the exercise. A lot of people do flyes essentially as a dumbell bench press.

Thread Information