Thread: Forearm pain

Psycoswole is offline Member

Forearm pain

Ive been having pain in my left forearm during bicep exercises. Pain starts at where my elbow is and runs down about 3-4 inches of my forearm. Feels like the pain is coming from the bone, not from muscle. I would describe it as an ache rather than sharp pain. Could it be forearm splints even though it only happens while im on gear? Im sure some of you guys have had this, was wondering what you did about it, if anything

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    No more straight bar curls, those are what fucked my forearms up real good for a while. Just find some bicep exercises that don't trigger the pain and after a few weeks you will be able to go back to your normal routine again. I would suggest trying glucosamine and MSM (I haven't tried the MSM yet but will be getting some on my next order). I know it isn't joint pain but I can get by workouts pretty much pain free when I am on glucosamine (maybe psychological but I'll take it).

Thanks again Kizer, will do.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I was going to post this as I have been having the same pain.I was doing deadlift last night and had to stop as the pain was unbearable.The pain is the same as you are getting and I have it in both arms.It physically hurts to move your arms.I think it is the tendons but if mine continues I,m going to the Dr,s.Somethings you can ignore but this has got me concerned.Even now I can,t straighten my arms out as I get a sharp pulling pain in the underside of my elbows.F$$K does it hurt!!

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    The epicondyle tendons that connect your forearms and triceps are pretty volitile. Most probs arise from weak wrists and sometimes forearms. One reason you guys may be experiencing probs is because your range of motion may be limited further by the huge pumps you get on gear. I agree that if you avoid curl movements that supinate you may solve the pain, or just switch to dumbell movements that allow you to slightly change the angle. And If you've got pain from deadlifts then use straps. If you are and still have pain then yes see an Md. If you happen to have an injury while on gear, the tendancy is to let it go and believe me it can end up serious.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Oh shit I forgot to mention the release technique can play a major role in pain reduction.

Instead of just dropping the bar, VERY slowly open your hands, VERY slowly, that works wonders for me bro, I find the pain is MUCH less severe the slower I release the grip.

testprop is offline Associate Member
    I had the same thing, releasing the weight slowly really helps..

work on your forearms, but low weight only

the pain is because the forearm muscles cant hold the weight and all the tension gets to the tendons and ligaments
    (and the fascia that surrounds the forearm bones, thats why its hurts "at the bone")

hope that helps

Thanks again for the tips guys.

Moto27 is offline Junior Member
    Hey Psy.

Moto27 is offline Junior Member
    Sorry,

I have the same thing and what i do is between reps take a 10lb dumbell and hold it in your hand and twist your wrist side to side. that loosens it up and will not hurt as much next time. Dont let it stiffin up or it will hurt like a bitch.

Late.

Thread Information