xenithon is offline Member

New Year, Redesigned Routine, Advice Welcome!

Hi All,

I have redesigned my program and would like any input or advice.

My current goal is primarily maintenance, secondarily lean mass gain and bodyfat reduction.

I used to have a 5 day routine a while ago, then went to 4 day since my shoulder was

undergoing rehab, and now I can do SOME shoulder work but I think it can fit in easily so I

would like to stick to a 4 day split. Stats are: 21yrs, 145lbs, 1.8m. Used to be very

overweight, so trying my darndest not to put fat back on but would like some more mass (but

would rather pack it on slowly and cleanly).

Exercises are usually 4 exercises, 3 sets each, for large boyparts. 3 Exercises, 3 sets each

for smaller muscles. Change them up often to keep the body adapting so have not included

actual exercises.

Monday: Chest, Weighted Abs, HIIT Cardio (20 mins)
    Tuesday: Back, Light Shoulders, HIIT Cardio (20 mins)
    Wednesday: Off, unweighted abs at home only
    Thursday: Legs
    Friday: Bis, Tris, Weighted Abs
    Saturday: Off, medium intensity cardio (30 mins)
    Sunday: Off, medium intensity cardio (30 mins)

This way I get to work all muscles once a week, each day has roughly the same expenditure

(so its not uneven). I work abs weighted only twice a week ie. lower volume/reps, heavy

weights, and once a week unweighted, being high volume, high reps. Cardio is done 4 times in

total: twice HIIT, and twice lower intensity for longer periods.

Any advice welcome!

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Its the same **** split, you just rearranged a couple days.

??? But I did not post my old split! Everything written there is the NEW split. Did not want to make the thread longer by adding the old one unneccesarily.

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    I have only been here a short time but one thing that I have found out is that one should read other posts first to see if the advice you are looking for it out there. Do a search. That's why it is there.

Right off the bat if you read any other posts on this subject you would know to put your cardio in the AM and be wary of working too hard in cardio otherwise you will burn muscle not fat.

Please do some research. You will be happy that you did. Questions that you did not even know that you had will be answered.

Hi There,

I do know AM cardio is recommended, but mainly for fat loss. I understand your view and comments, however I am not looking to cut or severly lose BF. On top of that, university and work prevent me from being able to go to gym twice a day. That is why the cardio I do after workouts is HIIT and thus short, whilst the days off I do lower intensity cardio, usually in the AM anyways. I appreciate the advice though!

Thread Information