k_dogg is offline Associate Member

question for anyone who knows about stress fractures and shin splints...advice please

ive recently started running more after putting on about 5kg's. about 11lbs in about 4 months.
    now i havent had problems with my lower legs before but im recently getting a pain all through my lower leg (not a specific area) that is quite bad if i run on concrete/road. it hurts after the activity then goes away.
    i saw my unit medic and he reckons shin splints. fair enough. he told me to just basically suck it up and deal with the pain. ok. i hear that the condition is my body adjusting to change but how do you guys recomend i alter my training. less running? cut impact cardio out?
    now i was a little concerned about stress fractures but ive heard they are always sore over the specific area of the fracture and get worse with activity. my legs dont hurt unless i do some impact cardio or heavy wieghts and its in no specific area. whole lower leg
    can anyone with experince in both injuries please let me know your personal experiences.
    eg how long did it take for you to recover, how long were you out of training. how did you alter training to speed recovery?
    thanks a lot

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you already post this up or am I having a Deja Vouz?

j cub is offline New Member
    I use to run a lot and get shine splints on a regular basis. Most of the time if you change shoes you will see an improvement. Make sure to eat right and drink enough water, because sometimes that is the major cause. Thats all I know to tell you. Hope it will help.

k_dogg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Did you already post this up or am I having a Deja Vouz?
    yeah i posted a similar question before on shin splints. this one i was hoping on hearing peoples experiences with stress fractures. wich is what i asked for.

Thread Information