steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

KickBacks for Triceps

What up Fellas for those of you that do kick backs do they work for you and what weight do you use, i have tried them a few times but have never really stuck with the exercise. So gimmie your two cents on this please.

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    They work great when they are done very strict, if you just throw the weight around they are usless. try to keep your elbow in the same position from start to finish and hold for a sec at full extention.
    Use weight that you can control but is hard for you, basicly go as heavy as you can while keeping strict form.

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Problem with kickbacks for most people is keeping good form. As long as you place your arm parallel to your body and make sure your elbow doesnt move while doing them your fine. Also even the biggest guys use light weight doing kickbacks so some guys dont even bother because it might hurt there ego too much picking up the 15lb dumbell hehe. Get a good contraction at the top of the movement and it can be a great warmup/cooldown exercise for the tris.

Yeah i see the BIG homeboys useing 15-20lbs. is the kick back more of a shapeing exercise?????

I do 20-25lbs with strict forum. Trust me, it burns.

treyone is offline Junior Member
    lol..who is this chris daniels fella..lol...i never heard of him

i dunno man looks lke he is worshiping him self in the pic lmao...any way did some kickbacks today with 10 and 15lbs. felt good.

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by treyone
    lol..who is this chris daniels fella..lol...i never heard of him

haha, i was thinking that exact same thing (in those words) right before i read your post, lol

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    You guys definetley have a point. It kinda hurts the ego when you can only do 15lbs kickback with excellent form. I used to neglect this excercise for the same reason. Now i dont give a rats ass what other people think im there for ME! I personally do 12lbs til failure for definition. Excellent Burn!

Spoon

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I never do them. Not anymore. I found they didn't work for me. Everyone's different.

znak is offline Senior Member
    I use the low cable to do kick backs at the end of a triceps work out to fatique them and to cut them up. However, kick backs even with perfect form are really, really low on my list of tricep exercises. Want meat? Do weight dips. Want strength? Do weighted dips. Tired of weighted dips? Do skull crushers. Going to the beach in an hours, do weighted dips and finish up with some kick back to get the blood engorged look the babes love.

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    You guys definetley have a point. It kinda hurts the ego when you can only do 15lbs kickback with excellent form. I used to neglect this excercise for the same reason. Now i dont give a rats ass what other people think im there for ME! I personally do 12lbs til failure for definition. Excellent Burn!

Spoon
    I used to feel the same way but now,
    I would rather be seen using a 15lb dumbell then look like half the people at my gym using heavy weights and not knowing what the **** they are doing. It seriously looks like they could hurt them selves.
    If usuing to much weight its impossible to do an exercise correctly and when its not done correctly your taking the emphesis off the muscle you are trying to work.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Speaking of poor form, 90% of my gym doesn't know what the f*ck they are doing. Good thing they have me as a personal trainer, the 10% i train can laugh at the rest of the people. People doing the 2 barbell curls look like they are going to throw out their back as well as people barbell benching look like they will crack their sternum at any given time.

I could never get anything out of them, but it was probably my improper form and trying to do too much so I didn't look like a puss.

NEVER GOT A SOLID PUMP .....About Chris Daniels, I was wondering the exact same.WTF?

Thread Information