jtnogo is offline New Member

most productive workout

I found this site today and am glad I have found a resource to have my questions about lifting answered. I do have one at this time that I get differing responses from other lifters. I currently lift with increasing resistence and decreasing reps. Basically on bench right now I might do 225 10 times followed by 245 7 times and then 265-270 4-5 times. Sometimes I go up and then back down on certain exercises to burn out. Anyway, I have seen other people do it a little different recently and just today I read on a post or this homepage that the proper way to work out is to start heavy with lower reps and decrease weight while maintaining the same amount of reps. I guess do 265 6 times, then 245 6 times, then 225 6 times or something very similar. What is more productive?

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it depends on the person, what works for one person might not work for you and visversa, it not about whats right and whats wrong its about what works for you.

decadbal is offline Banned
    pyramid up, not desendin sets are better for growth IMO

Latimus is offline Banned
    yeah make sure you are warmed up...starting at a max point could hurt you...so maybe...do the 225...then 270...then go down.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    variety is key..do both

MrDezel is offline Banned
    Everyone is diffrent in this respect. BigKev has a great workout on here that increases weight and reps. For the handful of people that can actually handel that have loved it.

Thread Information