Pestodude is offline New Member

Are saliva tests acurate

Bought mail-in saliva tests online to save $ on blood tests and to get more frequent test results without having to go thru a doc each time.
    Got the first results back with some crazy results:
    test.. 74,645!!!!! (that was not a typo on my part). When I asked what the hell that was about, they told me it was cause I used test cream the night before and to take another test after being off the cream for 48 hrs. Still waiting for those results. Needless to say this didn't give me a lot of confidence in these tests. Anyone have experience with them?

07sandiegomuscle is offline Junior Member

Good thread

Good thread and I would like to know the answer also, because doing by mail like that would be very good. Where did you get that mail in test? Why didn't you quote it in your thread? How much did it cost? What did it test for exactly?

Pestodude is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 07sandiegomuscle View Post
    Good thread and I would like to know the answer also, because doing by mail like that would be very good. Where did you get that mail in test? Why didn't you quote it in your thread? How much did it cost? What did it test for exactly?
    There are several test kits available. You can Google "saliva hormone tests".
    Here is the one I used: http://www.hormonesalivahometest.com...FRQpawodLCD9tA
    test for test, estrodial, progestrone, cortisol (you can test for all or some)
    Price varies depending what u want to test for.

Merc. is offline Banned
    If it is from a reputable lab than yes..

I had sent in a saliva test that said my cortisol was through the roof .. I went and took a saliva test 7 days later at lab corp and my cortisol was in range...

So than I did a blood testosterone and a saliva testosterone test and the saliva test showed way different results than the blood test ..

But I have seen lab test from reputable labs that correlate .. So it all depends on the lab doing the testing ..

Merc.

Thread Information