Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: High blood pressure and steroids

sagittarius is offline Junior Member

High blood pressure and steroids

Hi,

I just checked my blood pressure and it is pretty high: 157 and 88. The pulse is 50, which is good. I also had high blood pressure a few months ago. I'm planning to start my first steroid cycle in the near future. I know that steroids may elevate blood pressure and I'm a little worried.
    I'm a very active person. I doing around 7-9 hours of weight training each week. I also run or walk 5-10 hours per week. I don't drink or smoke. I don't eat high fat products and I have a reduced salt intake. I don't have high blood pressure history in my family.
    I will check again my blood pressure next week and probably I will go and see a doctor.
    Should I still think about starting the cycle considering this problem? Thanks!

Ignorant is offline New Member
    Ai's help with water retention which inturn help with BP, running a AI ontop of reducing salt intake should bring down your Blood pressure, also what are you running? Tren ? that may be the cause of elevated BP.

BP readings also can be off due to the setting you are in, inaccurate size of cuffs, stress. Resit it in different times of day, relax and see how it is then.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorant View Post
    Ai's help with water retention which inturn help with BP, running a AI ontop of reducing salt intake should bring down your Blood pressure, also what are you running? Tren ? that may be the cause of elevated BP.

BP readings also can be off due to the setting you are in, inaccurate size of cuffs, stress. Resit it in different times of day, relax and see how it is then.
    WTF Ignorant, where did you come from to come out here and start ranting advise on all the topics at age 20. I've witnessed you say just bullsh!t statement as to advise of using Pro and a few other things as well as this AI to help BP. NO man you are talking out your a$$.
    Really so you tell him hey maybe Tren if you are running it. How many Tren cycles have you done , how long have you been training. Maybe you should let us get to know you before you go off ranting with your experience.
    How experienced are you in life with stress causing HBP. Just where are you coming from kid....crazy mike

PS: Ignorant, I like that. Do you know why Ai is used, do you know what happens and Ai is not used specifically for water retention, diet comes in. Do you know the what's and the why's and the how's of this science we work at. You get this in med school ...cm
    Last edited by crazy mike; 06-30-2013 at 05:00 PM.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by sagittarius View Post
    Hi,

I just checked my blood pressure and it is pretty high: 157 and 88. The pulse is 50, which is good. I also had high blood pressure a few months ago. I'm planning to start my first steroid cycle in the near future. I know that steroids may elevate blood pressure and I'm a little worried.
    I'm a very active person. I doing around 7-9 hours of weight training each week. I also run or walk 5-10 hours per week. I don't drink or smoke. I don't eat high fat products and I have a reduced salt intake. I don't have high blood pressure history in my family.
    I will check again my blood pressure next week and probably I will go and see a doctor.
    Should I still think about starting the cycle considering this problem? Thanks!

Op, you don't have much of a BP problem from what I see and hear you say. I see you are not even on cycle yet so please disregard what he said about Tren and asking about your BP.
    My BP runs 140 ish over 82-89 all the time. Get yourself a monitor @ $ 25 +/- and watch it. Your doc isn't going to tell you it's ok to do aas.
    You can see the charts at what is considered HML, BP levels. I only know of a few , not many in my experience that have gotten BP out of range because of aas, but it is a caution.
    To get better advice you should give your stats and plans on the table and let others critique what your plan is. A BP monitor will be great. ...crazy mike

Thanks crazy mike for your answer. I'm not on cycle yet. I want to start my first cycle in a month. Like you said, I will monitor my BP and probably I will go to a doctor because HBP may be caused by renal problems.

I checked my blood pressure again and it is 142 over 86 (the pulse is 46). It is still high but at least I can start thinking again about my first cycle

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    And the reason you are NOT taking blood pressure meds is because.........?

Times Roman,

I think it is better to keep track of my blood pressure for a while and if it will continue to be high I will go to a doctor. I'm not an expect but I don't think it is necessary to take something because my blood pressure is not very high. Are you trying to say that I should take something against HBP?

unixpro is offline Banned
    I began having high BP 6 weeks into my cycle, ranges were just a bit higher than yours, I found out the reason was I was sold some fake Anavar which ended up being DBol , at any case my doctor gave me benicar, and within 2 days I was ok, medicine works well and no sides, I stopped taking it after I ended my cycle but yeah deff don't enter a cycle with high BP, u get a blood clot or aneurism and its over, play it safe.

How are you checking your BP?

I wouldn't rush to any conclusions til it's checked at the doc, the BP monitors at drug stores and even the home electronic BP monitors can be very inaccurate. I had one that consistently gave readings 20 points higher than at the doc.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Couple of problems here:
    you're seriously bradycardic (HR below 60).
    Now, if you were young and a professional endurance athlete, this would be a good thing. But at your age and activity level, it could be a cardiac condition (which could cause you to drop dead one day for no reason).
    The other problem is that you're bordering on stage II hypertension. This could easily rise another 20 or 30 points on cycle, which would hopefully have you running to the ER, as it would be a medical emergency.

Go to your doctor and get a full checkup (including bloodwork and EKG) before touching anything. You definitely need to get on some meds to control that hypertension, and wait until you find a drug regimen that works well for you before you begin using AAS.
    Fox Rider likes this.

I checked again my blood pressure last week and it was 129 over 85 with the pulse being 50. Usually I'm going to a pharmacy to check it. I was not aware that the pulse below 60 may be a problem.
    Tomorrow I have a medical appointment and I will ask for a full bloodwork (including hormones) and EKG. Thanks for the advice!

laser is offline Junior Member
    Yeah I agree water retention will def cause high blood pressure. Hows your kidneys doing? you getting a steady stream when you urinate, and completely emptying your bladder?. You do not have to answer me...just ask yourself. Be sure your drinking some good clean water, like natural spring water, and get yourself some cranberry juice the good stuff. Stay away from energy products. Yes, be seated, both feet flat on the ground, take a few good deep breaths, then normal breaths, remain quiet then take your BP.

Oh yeah, also multiple test will give you false readings...I have high blood pressure, controlled with prescription. I have been able to lower my dose, and hoping soon not to even have high blood pressure....good thing you are catching it early.

There are a lot of things that can cause high blood pressure, even stress.
    Oh Yeah, you could have a bad artery...not trying to scare you. it happened to me, and had to have a synthetic artery put in, for my left shoulder, and arm, secondary from a injury......it def backed everything up. Just do not let them prescribe pills, also have them find the condition causing it. You may want to have a stress test performed one with contrast, and pictures. I just had one, and glad I passed. Cause you do not want to stress yourself in the gym, and fall out.
    Take care talk to your Doc.
    Last edited by laser; 07-25-2013 at 03:05 PM.

I'm not sure how you can check if you have water retention. Normally, I drink a lot of water during the day, sometimes around 4 liters. I don't drink anything else besides water. I have my training at 7-8pm and I take the protein drink after that (around 9pm). I don't drink any other liquids after 9pm but I still have to urinate 2-3 times (sometimes even more) until the next morning: first time before going to bed (12pm), the second time during the night and again in the morning. Sometimes I have to wake up twice during the night. Do you think this is a problem? I assumed this is normal because I drink a lot of water. I tested myself and if I drink around two liters of water I don't have to wake up during the night.
    I'm sorry for posting this kind of information here but maybe someone can help me with an advice. I will also talk with the doctor about this.

Thread Information