Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier

Thread: High Estradiol Level in Ratio to Testosterone Ratio?

E_Scapegoat is offline New Member

High Estradiol Level in Ratio to Testosterone Ratio?

My blood-work came back, and everything looked really good.

Except....

My Estradiol is 69, compared to a total T level of 770. I feel pretty good about this as a natural test level, but I have seen that >40 is upper limit of normal for Estradiol. My liver, kidneys, thyroid, cholesterol, etc are all looking good and my prolactin is a 7. My diet is super clean and I supplement carefully.

I was considering starting another cycle, but I feel like I would be playing with fire if my natural Estrogen level is that high.

Is there a manageable treatment I can do to lower E levels, without an enormous rebound? I was considering cycling a AI only with maybe DAA, but what would you say?

Thanks for your feedback.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Is this sensitive E2 assay?

If it is just the estradoil test....which my endo prescribed for me the first time...is a female test not a male test.

E_Scapegoat is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Is this sensitive E2 assay?

If it is just the estradoil test....which my endo prescribed for me the first time...is a female test not a male test.
    Yeah it was the "standard" Estradiol test.. So my results are inaccurate?

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Standard Estradiol test is for women. Results and ranges look like this:

Estradiol (standard) - 59.1 (7.6-42.6)

Estradiol, Sensitive - 30 (3 - 70)

First notice the extended range. This is a reflection of the need of the male.

Also you cannot just translate one over to the other range...the tests are done differently and deal with bound to protein and not bound to protein estrogen. In the standard (how I understand it) it reads only bound. This is because in the female the bound number relates to where they are in their ovarian cycle. A woman, no matter what, should have a higher level of estradiol in their system bound to protein. Normal for woman is not normal for man. Range is wrong.

Second the sensitive assay tests for bound and unbound. In a female unbound are insignificant in the point that bound determines their cycle. In a man unbound make the same health impact as bound and needs to be accounted for in the reading.

So 2 things...range and what is tested for change when you go from standard to sensitive.

When I had my standard test performed it fell middle of range then I read a post by Marcus talking about it being the wrong test. My next results come back on Wednesday and are sensitive. In my reading the two tests can actually deviate by 30% with the standard deviation of 10-15% which means they are just not the same test.

Hope this helps.
    sonmychest likes this.

Thread Information