Results 1 to 34 of 34
Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 2 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 2 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By cylon357
  • 1 Post By cylon357

Thread: Got bloodwork back

  1. #1
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586

    Got bloodwork back

    Got bloodwork back-9f7c26b4-3a8c-46ef-9d22-53ea92baa1fb.jpeg

    I just got this bloodwork back from a regular physical with my doctor. I’m 27 years old. I was wondering what these numbers mean? They’re both within the reference range but on the lower side. Any input would be appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got bloodwork back-8cbadd92-73a4-45d7-906d-7bf10c8507f1.png  

  2. #2
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,000
    Your free test is low and your total test seems to be in the low normal range
    Are you natty?

    I wouldn't say those are bad levels unless you're on HRT than its kind of in the low range
    Do you have more blood work other than this?
    Family_guy likes this.

  3. #3
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Your free test is low and your total test seems to be in the low normal range
    Are you natty?

    I wouldn't say those are bad levels unless you're on HRT than its kind of in the low range
    Do you have more blood work other than this?
    Ya I’m natty. I do have more bloodwork.
    Got bloodwork back-76614059-53c5-4045-97cd-09411ccf9ae7.jpegGot bloodwork back-76336789-4779-4da6-84eb-06bc15c1f609.jpegGot bloodwork back-48b45a6a-479d-40b3-916d-411972f21059.jpeg

  4. #4
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    From the research I’ve done about T levels by age it seems like my levels are pretty low...

  5. #5
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,000
    Hey, I think your levels aren't that bad although i don't see CBC panel and thats sometimes nice to have
    You look pretty healthy from the blood work and yes the free/total t is a bit low and maybe HRT is a good option but I have to be honest its a long term thing
    With HRT and dialing everything in you understand you'll be on TRT for a long time until you need to come off?

    When I started HRT i was in the similar range except my total T was in the 150s so I started TRT
    Its a big decision to do this and if your doctor agrees that's great but there could be other factors to that low T
    I'm not saying don't do it at all but if you're ready and looking at doing this with your doctor its all good

    HCG (If you care about testies and maintain some fertility for the future)
    100mg per week test cyp/E is a good place to start
    Family_guy likes this.

  6. #6
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,000
    How tall/weight and how long have you been lifting?
    What's your reason for looking into TRT or cycling?

  7. #7
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    From the research I’ve done about T levels by age it seems like my levels are pretty low...
    '

    Agree. Talk to your doc and ask him to look further into it as you don't feel good, etc. It would be nice to see further thyroid numbers (FT3, FT4, RT3) as well as cortisol, prolactin and shbg, LH and FSH.

    In the meantime, if not supplementing with Vit D do so but be sure to check it via BW next time. Optimized D levels will help to improve free T levels. Make sure your diet is healthy and you're sleeping well.
    EDCG19 and Family_guy like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  8. #8
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    How tall/weight and how long have you been lifting?
    What's your reason for looking into TRT or cycling?
    I’m 5’9 150.
    The reason I’m interested is because I don’t think I feel nearly as good as I should/could. I’m only 27 yet I’m lethargic and sometimes have a pretty low libido.

  9. #9
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    '

    Agree. Talk to your doc and ask him to look further into it as you don't feel good, etc. It would be nice to see further thyroid numbers (FT3, FT4, RT3) as well as cortisol, prolactin and shbg, LH and FSH.

    In the meantime, if not supplementing with Vit D do so but be sure to check it via BW next time. Optimized D levels will help to improve free T levels. Make sure your diet is healthy and you're sleeping well.
    What do you think the chances of a general practitioner Dr even understanding TRT? Or being inclined to do anything about it?

  10. #10
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    What do you think the chances of a general practitioner Dr even understanding TRT? Or being inclined to do anything about it?

    Coin toss to be honest. That said, they don't necessarily have to be a Uro or Endo to have basic hormonal knowledge. It ain't rocket science to be honest. it just takes a little investigating and common sense. If you don't think your current doc is capable use google and search your area or even the A4M Doctor Finder. Then call them and speak to one of the nurses on staff and ask how they treat TRT patients.

    Will they allow self-injections?
    Will they write an AI if needed?
    Will they write HCG ?
    Will they treat you based on how you feel and not by a number on a chart?

    Staff should be able to answer these questions and save you wasting an appointment.
    Family_guy likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  11. #11
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    '

    Agree. Talk to your doc and ask him to look further into it as you don't feel good, etc. It would be nice to see further thyroid numbers (FT3, FT4, RT3) as well as cortisol, prolactin and shbg, LH and FSH.

    In the meantime, if not supplementing with Vit D do so but be sure to check it via BW next time. Optimized D levels will help to improve free T levels. Make sure your diet is healthy and you're sleeping well.
    Vitamin D can raise your T? I didnt know that

  12. #12
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Hey, I think your levels aren't that bad although i don't see CBC panel and thats sometimes nice to have
    You look pretty healthy from the blood work and yes the free/total t is a bit low and maybe HRT is a good option but I have to be honest its a long term thing
    With HRT and dialing everything in you understand you'll be on TRT for a long time until you need to come off?

    When I started HRT i was in the similar range except my total T was in the 150s so I started TRT
    Its a big decision to do this and if your doctor agrees that's great but there could be other factors to that low T
    I'm not saying don't do it at all but if you're ready and looking at doing this with your doctor its all good

    HCG (If you care about testies and maintain some fertility for the future)
    100mg per week test cyp/E is a good place to start
    How long have you been on TRT?

  13. #13
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    What was your T when you started HRT Kel?

  14. #14
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    How long have you been on TRT?
    So I've been doing this for about two years now and just dialing in what I need for HRT
    I started discussing this as an option with a doctor years ago and at kaiser he refused to run any blood work other than cholesterol and some basic CBC panels
    I asked them to run the blood work and they told me no. Few years went by, long story.. but i decided to check on my test levels specfically
    150 total, estrogen 88, and shbg was in the 20s
    Decided to try HRT at a clinic and within two months I decided they were not going to provide anything for me
    $600
    for two 10ml vials test cyp 200mg, syringes and alcohol wipes to last a few months
    The final straw was when I came in for blood work and they told me to run new bloods. I ran them and came back for results, they told me they forgot to run them and they would go over the bloodwork with me
    She thought I was a dummy and wanted to discuss my blood work results from two months prior, i lost it. Told her why would my blood work from two months ago have anything to do with my current blood work on 200mg per week
    Than she said your "bloods" look good as im sitting there and shes reading blood work from months prior, and i said never mind i'll do this on my own from now on
    Before i left she said maybe change 200mg to every 2-3 weeks for "more stable bloods"
    I said whatever and walked out of there doing my own at 150mg per week split into two injections
    AI/HCG and I'm good doing this on my own
    Family_guy likes this.

  15. #15
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    Vitamin D can raise your T? I didnt know that
    Yes. By reducing shbg levels and thus allowing more free T. Will it make a huge difference? No, but it's a super important vitamin and literally in every cell in your body. Always check it via BW though and keep it mid range or a bit higher. It's a fat soluble vitamin meaning you won't pee out any excess. Ridiculously high levels over time can actually be toxic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    How long have you been on TRT?
    About 10 years or so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    What was your T when you started HRT Kel?
    I was at a 59 total T level due to a pituitary tumor.
    Family_guy likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  16. #16
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    So I've been doing this for about two years now and just dialing in what I need for HRT
    I started discussing this as an option with a doctor years ago and at kaiser he refused to run any blood work other than cholesterol and some basic CBC panels
    I asked them to run the blood work and they told me no. Few years went by, long story.. but i decided to check on my test levels specfically
    150 total, estrogen 88, and shbg was in the 20s
    Decided to try HRT at a clinic and within two months I decided they were not going to provide anything for me
    $600
    for two 10ml vials test cyp 200mg, syringes and alcohol wipes to last a few months
    The final straw was when I came in for blood work and they told me to run new bloods. I ran them and came back for results, they told me they forgot to run them and they would go over the bloodwork with me
    She thought I was a dummy and wanted to discuss my blood work results from two months prior, i lost it. Told her why would my blood work from two months ago have anything to do with my current blood work on 200mg per week
    Than she said your "bloods" look good as im sitting there and shes reading blood work from months prior, and i said never mind i'll do this on my own from now on
    Before i left she said maybe change 200mg to every 2-3 weeks for "more stable bloods"
    I said whatever and walked out of there doing my own at 150mg per week split into two injections
    AI/HCG and I'm good doing this on my own

    It's amazing how inept some doctors offices can be regarding hormone therapy. Sad actually.
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  17. #17
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    It's amazing how inept some doctors offices can be regarding hormone therapy. Sad actually.
    That’s what I’m afraid of my doc being like if I ask them about the possibility of HRT. From everything I’ve heard most docs are very well informed or progressive when it comes to this subject.

  18. #18
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    So I've been doing this for about two years now and just dialing in what I need for HRT
    I started discussing this as an option with a doctor years ago and at kaiser he refused to run any blood work other than cholesterol and some basic CBC panels
    I asked them to run the blood work and they told me no. Few years went by, long story.. but i decided to check on my test levels specfically
    150 total, estrogen 88, and shbg was in the 20s
    Decided to try HRT at a clinic and within two months I decided they were not going to provide anything for me
    $600
    for two 10ml vials test cyp 200mg, syringes and alcohol wipes to last a few months
    The final straw was when I came in for blood work and they told me to run new bloods. I ran them and came back for results, they told me they forgot to run them and they would go over the bloodwork with me
    She thought I was a dummy and wanted to discuss my blood work results from two months prior, i lost it. Told her why would my blood work from two months ago have anything to do with my current blood work on 200mg per week
    Than she said your "bloods" look good as im sitting there and shes reading blood work from months prior, and i said never mind i'll do this on my own from now on
    Before i left she said maybe change 200mg to every 2-3 weeks for "more stable bloods"
    I said whatever and walked out of there doing my own at 150mg per week split into two injections
    AI/HCG and I'm good doing this on my own
    That is just amazing that people can even be like that. I have learned that a good doc you can trust is just invaluable because how many terrible docs there really are...

  19. #19
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    So I've been doing this for about two years now and just dialing in what I need for HRT
    I started discussing this as an option with a doctor years ago and at kaiser he refused to run any blood work other than cholesterol and some basic CBC panels
    I asked them to run the blood work and they told me no. Few years went by, long story.. but i decided to check on my test levels specfically
    150 total, estrogen 88, and shbg was in the 20s
    Decided to try HRT at a clinic and within two months I decided they were not going to provide anything for me
    $600
    for two 10ml vials test cyp 200mg, syringes and alcohol wipes to last a few months
    The final straw was when I came in for blood work and they told me to run new bloods. I ran them and came back for results, they told me they forgot to run them and they would go over the bloodwork with me
    She thought I was a dummy and wanted to discuss my blood work results from two months prior, i lost it. Told her why would my blood work from two months ago have anything to do with my current blood work on 200mg per week
    Than she said your "bloods" look good as im sitting there and shes reading blood work from months prior, and i said never mind i'll do this on my own from now on
    Before i left she said maybe change 200mg to every 2-3 weeks for "more stable bloods"
    I said whatever and walked out of there doing my own at 150mg per week split into two injections
    AI/HCG and I'm good doing this on my own

    What are you T levels now?

  20. #20
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Yes. By reducing shbg levels and thus allowing more free T. Will it make a huge difference? No, but it's a super important vitamin and literally in every cell in your body. Always check it via BW though and keep it mid range or a bit higher. It's a fat soluble vitamin meaning you won't pee out any excess. Ridiculously high levels over time can actually be toxic.



    About 10 years or so.



    I was at a 59 total T level due to a pituitary tumor.

    59!?! That’s crazy! How did that make you feel physically/mentally?

  21. #21
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    I’m 5’9 150.
    The reason I’m interested is because I don’t think I feel nearly as good as I should/could. I’m only 27 yet I’m lethargic and sometimes have a pretty low libido.
    I see you met my ex wife.
    Family_guy and Chrisp83TRT like this.

  22. #22
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,986
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Yes. By reducing shbg levels and thus allowing more free T. Will it make a huge difference? No, but it's a super important vitamin and literally in every cell in your body. Always check it via BW though and keep it mid range or a bit higher. It's a fat soluble vitamin meaning you won't pee out any excess. Ridiculously high levels over time can actually be toxic.



    About 10 years or so.



    I was at a 59 total T level due to a pituitary tumor.
    I thought pituitary tumors caused freakish amounts of hgh release and gigantism...?
    Family_guy likes this.

  23. #23
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    59!?! That’s crazy! How did that make you feel physically/mentally?
    I did not realize I was low. My doc said it's the lowest he's seen and the reason I did not really realize it was due to my lifestyle and the slower onset of the adenoma.


    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I thought pituitary tumors caused freakish amounts of hgh release and gigantism...?
    Some can gigantism. The majority just obstruct other hormonal pathways depending on where and how it attaches to the pituitary gland. Mine simply crushed my T levels. Others can raise prolactin (prolactinomas) resulting in a loss of T as well. All this from a small gland the size of a pea at the base of your brain. From memory my pituitary was 6mm and the adenoma was 2mm.

    It's a very weird moment when your doctor looks at you and says he thinks you have a small tumor at the base of your brain. Then you have to wait for an mri to confirm it. Thing is though they are not that uncommon. Many people never know they have them.
    Obs and Family_guy like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  24. #24
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    What are you T levels now?

    150mg twice per week. UGL so idk how accurate that is but it works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Got bloodwork back-untitled.png  
    Family_guy likes this.

  25. #25
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    150mg twice per week. UGL so idk how accurate that is but it works

    At 150 mgs x 2 per week those levels are quite low.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  26. #26
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    At 150 mgs x 2 per week those levels are quite low.
    150 total
    I'm running two pins a week at 75mg twice a week
    It seems to be working for me so I'm good at these levels. I stopped taking the DeX at that time but I'm back on it noe

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Family_guy likes this.

  27. #27
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Ahh ok. I read it at 150 x 2.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  28. #28
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    I did not realize I was low. My doc said it's the lowest he's seen and the reason I did not really realize it was due to my lifestyle and the slower onset of the adenoma.




    Some can gigantism. The majority just obstruct other hormonal pathways depending on where and how it attaches to the pituitary gland. Mine simply crushed my T levels. Others can raise prolactin (prolactinomas) resulting in a loss of T as well. All this from a small gland the size of a pea at the base of your brain. From memory my pituitary was 6mm and the adenoma was 2mm.

    It's a very weird moment when your doctor looks at you and says he thinks you have a small tumor at the base of your brain. Then you have to wait for an mri to confirm it. Thing is though they are not that uncommon. Many people never know they have them.
    That’s amazing that you didn’t even realize how low your T was. I would think it would be quite noticeable especially when it’s that low.

  29. #29
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    I do remember that I lost a little weight and no matter what I did I could not put it back on.
    Family_guy likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  30. #30
    cylon357's Avatar
    cylon357 is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    63
    To the OP, my blood work was similar to yours before I started HRT with Clomiphene (no test). I seem to be having good luck so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    150mg twice per week. UGL so idk how accurate that is but it works
    Dammit! Every I see a PSA < 1.0 I'm like 'what must that be like?' Am I jealous? For sure. :-P
    Family_guy likes this.

  31. #31
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    To the OP, my blood work was similar to yours before I started HRT with Clomiphene (no test). I seem to be having good luck so far.



    Dammit! Every I see a PSA < 1.0 I'm like 'what must that be like?' Am I jealous? For sure. :-P
    I think I saw your thread about it. Didn’t the clomiphene jack your T way up?

  32. #32
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    To the OP, my blood work was similar to yours before I started HRT with Clomiphene (no test). I seem to be having good luck so far.



    Dammit! Every I see a PSA < 1.0 I'm like 'what must that be like?' Am I jealous? For sure. :-P

    What did you tell your doc to get him to start you on HRT?

  33. #33
    cylon357's Avatar
    cylon357 is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    63
    It did, both total and free, from ranges like yours to clinically high. I don't know if Clomiphene therapy would be easier to secure or TRT would be, but it likely all starts with a good doc. Finding a good doc can be a challenge though...

    As for the doc, I found a specialist and just dealt straight with him. You can find the details here.
    Last edited by cylon357; 01-27-2019 at 01:37 PM.
    Family_guy likes this.

  34. #34
    Family_guy's Avatar
    Family_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The gym
    Posts
    586
    So an update on this. Went to my primary care doctor this afternoon and asked her about the test results. I specifically asked her about my testosterone levels Being low for my age. I also asked her about my fatigue and general “blah” feeling this past year. She pretty much told me that everything looked just fine and she ordered a sleep study of sorts that tests my O2 levels while I’m sleeping to rule out any sort of sleep apnea type of thing. She also ordered another T test for tomorrow morning.

    I can’t say I didn’t expect this but I did feel like she really wouldn’t attribute the way I feel to low T. Maybe it’s psychological at this point. Maybe I want to believe that it’s low T and that TRT will be a cure all. I definitely don’t feel great like I used too and fatigue is pretty constant. The fact that my wife doesn’t believe my symptoms are due to low T definitely has me doubting myself.

    I guess what I really want it just an answer as to why I feel like this. Anyways...we will see what the second test shows tomorrow and go from there.

    Any feedback or thoughts at all would be more than welcome. Thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •