Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By D7M

Thread: Falling In love?

Eddie_m63 is offline Member

Falling In love?

How that hell do you guys do it? I am not kidding but it seems that every time i meet a girl i feel that i love her but after a short while it all goes away. I'd never been in a long relationship, months maybe and it all starts well but after a few weeks i even get tire of looking/talking to them. Is there something wrong with me? Am i afraid of commitment?

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm just the same,,, apart from the love them bit, i don't feel that i love them ever.
    Will leave this for those with experience.....lol

OhioMuscle22 is offline Associate Member
    just my opinion. u obviously havent met the right one. u will find out what love is when it comes. unless ur like 54 than ur just ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioMuscle22 View Post
    just my opinion. u obviously havent met the right one. u will find out what love is when it comes. unless ur like 54 than ur just ****ed.
    That's why i am a little confuse, i am almost very close to 30 and i haven't been attached to anyone. Like today this girls calls and i almost hung up on her, i regret it afterwards but wtf, i really want to feel the stuff most girls feel like the love and butterflies, the need to have the other person near, i dont get it.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm 45, i still don't feel it, people are different. We are often told there is someone for everyone but sometimes there isn't.
    I have a lot of friends but i like my private side private, I hope you find what your looking for but if it's not you accept it (thats when it might happen) and enjoy life.

Me too, i am more open here then in real life.

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    take a chance. be confident. you sound like your lacking in confidence. bo can add on this, or wait till his thread is finished.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_m63 View Post
    That's why i am a little confuse, i am almost very close to 30 and i haven't been attached to anyone. Like today this girls calls and i almost hung up on her, i regret it afterwards but wtf, i really want to feel the stuff most girls feel like the love and butterflies, the need to have the other person near, i dont get it.
    u have to meet that right girl.

Pr3ss is offline New Member
    Maybe you just like Pu*** and not really into relationships :/

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    love is over rated anyway mate!.......its all good till its bad, then the bad is far worse than the good has ever been! ( ahh dont listen to me i just hate being in love)........ive only been in love once and i dont want that again anytime soon......

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    First of all, there’s that notorious phrase “falling in love”. It’s particular to the English speaking West (as far as I can tell) and it betrays a certain attitude towards love and relationships, for it implies that love is like some body of water that we can either accidentally fall into, or just observe from a safe distance.

Here’s the scenario: you’re at a buddy’s house, grilling, socializing, drinking. After too many beers, you stumble into the pool—and the entire debacle is quite embarrassing. Your friends all have a good laugh at your expense, but they fish you out. You’re all wet, but you’ll survive.

(Of course sometimes the pool is empty, and then you just crack your head open and bleed everywhere.)

But the point is that the phrase itself (“falling in love”) implies a passive reality. Love is something just happens to us, and in so doing, it shifts any responsibility away from us as individuals.

The fact of the matter, however, is that love rarely exists.

It’s actually just a business deal, when you think about it. And would one really expect anything less from our capitalistic and marketing driven society?

Everyone wants to be wanted, so we market ourselves as a valuable product (of course, if the product is worthless, you can always just dress it up in fancy clothes to give the illusion of value). So we are objects on sale. We need to attract customers. And so we spend waaay too much time and money trying to portray the image that society tells us will be a good “product”.

It’s a business deal.

People are no longer individuals, but rather they are objects, products, consumer goods. You meet someone and evaluate them on them on what deal they can give you. There’s no love; just deals and exchanges. And anyone who has ever been in business knows that no “deal” is absolute—because we are constantly searching for the next, better, more marketable “deal”.

So go out there, make lots of deals and hope that one day you will win the lottery and find the “perfect” exchange. Why not? In this concept of love, it’s just a variation of capitalism.

Or I could just be really bitter because my whore of fiancé left me after 3 years on Valentines Day.

So, maybe you shouldn’t listen to me.
    sv.elia likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    You feel like you're in love when that relationship is still new..... then reality sets in once you REALLY get to know her.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    d7m did bo hack into your account? lol. this is true. i was talking to a guy at work about family and he said that he never had it in him to kill some one till his kids were born. i think as you get older everything d7m said becomes true, but when your young and still "pure", now thats true love.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    3 different things
    Love
    Lust
    infatuation

Don't get the 3 mixed. Love doesn't go away in a few months. The other 2 fade fast.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kalspic View Post
    d7m did bo hack into your account? lol. this is true. i was talking to a guy at work about family and he said that he never had it in him to kill some one till his kids were born. i think as you get older everything d7m said becomes true, but when your young and still "pure", now thats true love.
    lol, I just usually don't have time write out long responses....

Thread Information