fitnessNY is offline Senior Member

I always pass out when I have blood taken WTF?

I am obviously not afraid of needles or having blood taken. However I always pass out when I have it taken. It just drains me. Is there anything that would help prevent this.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Bro.. when I get shot, I turn white as a ghost, and sweat like crazy....

I just lay down on the table.. and chill out.. helps alot...
    Like you, I'm not scared of pinz, but, for some reason I have a rough time too...

I have passed out once from a needle before, but, it was 5 minutes after the fact (makes no sense I know lol)...

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Same thing happens to a bro of mine. The first time I shot him up a little blood came out after the injection and he nearly passed out. One time we donated blood and he passed out. Its some freaky sh!t, I think it has to do with seeing your own blood

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Same thing happens to a bro of mine. The first time I shot him up a little blood came out after the injection and he nearly passed out. One time we donated blood and he passed out. Its some freaky sh!t, I think it has to do with seeing your own blood
    I'm not sure bro...
    With me, I was always cool with them when I was younger, only started to bother me around 12 years old... last few times I was fine...

Maybe a cold-compress on your forehead, while you lay down, and look away would help bro?

rugbyking is offline Associate Member
    well my job is to draw blood and ill tell you, there is nothing you can really do to prevent it. your anxiety just takes over. it only effects some ppl and you have no control over it. the things that we do in my clinic to help counter act syncope is have the pt. lay down and we will put a washcloth on there forhead. thats really about it. you just have to deal with it.

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    before u go next time eat some sugar, it'll help with your blood sugar levels

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i usually get that when the pain is weird or hard. ive got my left knee drained and fill wiuth iode for radio 3 month ago and idid feel that ****in 18g enter my flesh . when i got up my vision started to blur and then i couldnt hear a thing. when the meds see that i was so dammn pale they put me back on the bed .

a month after, i went to surgery. when they did the epidural, again, i almost pasted out. you dont want to feel a needle slide between your vertebras...

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have to look the other way, and not think about it.
    I passed out on a Nurse that was taking blood one time, scared the poor lady to death.
    Now when ever I give blood, or have it taken in the Dr’s office, I have to stair at the opposite wall.

I think my problem is that it is my blood, I have given myself injections, and I have skinned animals, and helped with friends who have hurt themselves, their blood didn't bother me.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I just hate not being in control. It worries me seeing someone i dont know stick me. I just got blood drawn today, and had a 18g 60ml syringe in my knee (drained...), So this sh1t is fresh in my mind

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    I just hate not being in control. It worries me seeing someone i dont know stick me. I just got blood drawn today, and had a 18g 60ml syringe in my knee (drained...), So this sh1t is fresh in my mind
    18! Was there a spiket on the other end? I always hated getting my knees drained......elbow sucks just as much.

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    I do that too, I passed out on a nurse who was taking blood once, I don't know why, it doesn't scare me I just do it and can't help it. So now whenever I walk in and they look at my chart, they make me lay down before, they start drawing the blood.

The sad thing is though, that I was sewing a button on my sons shirt once and accidentaly poked my finger and I nearly passed out

pretty_tony is offline Associate Member
    i had blood taken and after i was really light headed and almost passed out. i have over 28 hours in the tattoo chair so needles isn't the issue. I think its just the fact of having a foreign object in my body and it rejects it. All i can hope is that it gets easier the more times it happens. unless anyone has method they use to make it easier?

Thread Information