jbigdog69 is offline Banned

Drug squad stake-out nets suspected steroid dealer

By Liz Fabian
    Telegraph Staff Writer

MACON - Acting on a tip from police in San Diego, officers with Bibb County sheriff's drug squad arrested a Macon man Wednesday morning and charged him with possession of illegal steroids .

Edward Nathan Bramlett, 38, of Francis Drive, was arrested after picking up a package containing anabolic steroids from a post office box at Colonial Mall Macon at about 11:30 a.m., said Lt. David Davis, spokesman for the Bibb County Sheriff's Office.

"He seems to be a distributor of this stuff all through this area," Davis said.

After police in California alerted Bibb County of the shipment, Davis said, deputies began staking out the post office Tuesday.

During a search of Bramlett's truck in the parking lot, officers also seized syringes filled with liquid Dianabol and a Glock pistol, Davis said. The confiscated steroids have a street value of about $25,000, he said.

Bramlett is charged with possession of schedule III drugs with the intent to distribute, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and use of a commercial facility to facilitate a crime, Davis said.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69

By Liz Fabian
    Telegraph Staff Writer

MACON - Acting on a tip from police in San Diego, officers with Bibb County sheriff's drug squad arrested a Macon man Wednesday morning and charged him with possession of illegal steroids .

Edward Nathan Bramlett, 38, of Francis Drive, was arrested after picking up a package containing anabolic steroids from a post office box at Colonial Mall Macon at about 11:30 a.m., said Lt. David Davis, spokesman for the Bibb County Sheriff's Office.

"He seems to be a distributor of this stuff all through this area," Davis said.

After police in California alerted Bibb County of the shipment, Davis said, deputies began staking out the post office Tuesday.

During a search of Bramlett's truck in the parking lot, officers also seized syringes filled with liquid Dianabol and a Glock pistol, Davis said. The confiscated steroids have a street value of about $25,000, he said.

Bramlett is charged with possession of schedule III drugs with the intent to distribute, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and use of a commercial facility to facilitate a crime, Davis said.

What a friggin shame! Go after the crack and coke dealers...geesh!

OG

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Well...IMO..the reason they are cracking down is because all of the young users. Dealers now adays sale to one person (The Middle Man) and then the Middle Man sells it to anyone with tha money...including young athletes. This is why it does not pay to be a dealer...a few extra bucks does not = prison time!!!

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Well...IMO..the reason they are cracking down is because all of the young users. Dealers now adays sale to one person (The Middle Man) and then the Middle Man sells it to anyone with tha money...including young athletes. This is why it does not pay to be a dealer...a few extra bucks does not = prison time!!!
    I agree with that bro. A few extra dollars for NOW, is not worth the time in JAIL. You WILL get caught eventually so just dont do it. JMO

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

See thats why i dont sell to anyone under 18.... JUST KIDDING...

OG

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I wonder why it was San Diego that tipped them off? What is going on in San Diego?

max-it is offline Member
    i hope its no one we know, but i feel for the guy regardless

Dmize9 is offline Associate Member
    I wonder who determined the street value to be over 25k..... thats a s**tload of gear.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Probably hyped up numbers, those jerks will do anything to get press and trump up the charges. I hate cops.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    "street value" is usually about 5 times what it would typically sell for. example, 1000 dbols would be $3000

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    the main f-up of the guy was carrying a gun as well. while the drug charges were bad enough, most states have mandatory sentence accelerators for carrying a gun during a crime. These laws place severe limits on judges discretion for probation and diversion programs, and places restrictions on parole. Now he will probably also be classified a "violent" criminal simply from posessing the firearm in commision of a felony. Leave the glocks at home boys when you pick up the gear.

Thread Information