ascendant is offline Senior Member

How will a "full-body cleanse" affect my bulking up?

looking for some people with experience and knowledge about these body cleanses that are out there right now. i know they work, but have been hesitatnt to take them yet because i just started bulking. i know the cleanses flush certain things out of your system and clean it, but what i'm not sure about is if they will affect you at all like laxatives, or if they just primarily flush out the toxins?

my concern for this is obviously if they'll prevent my body from digesting certain nutrients, it will hinder my gains from my bulking up. however, i have heard these cleanses help people not only get over things such as asthma, allergies, and other ailments of the like, but to feel more energized and have a better sense of well being, both of which would obviously help my workouts.

anyway, my main question here is if those cleansers will hinder my gains or not? i have the "ultimate cleanse" pack made by nature's secret. any info here would be greatly appreciated.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'm not familiar w/those processes, but I do know that when people do them they do so BEFORE they bulk up, not during.

~SC~

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    What is a "Full Body Cleanse"?

Is it like a steroid cleanse or is it one of those BS "detox" things?

its a series of enemas and fiber and minerals

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    What is a "Full Body Cleanse"?

Is it like a steroid cleanse or is it one of those BS "detox" things?
    the cleanses remove built-up toxins in the organs of the body, including the lungs, liver, kidneys, colon, stomach, etc. not sure if that's what you were considering BS "detox", but the cleanses have been clinically proven not only to effectively remove toxins our bodies normally can't that have built up over years, but once those things are removed there are numerous health benefits. if you don't think toxins build up in our bodies, tell that to the smokers getting lung cancer and emphysema from all the toxins from their habit. though smoking is worse than most food additives, it's just an example of how things will build up in your system that your body simply can't flush out. still think it's BS?

simply way to look at it is look at all the processed garbage out on the market nowadays, not to mention the pesticides on fruits and veggies and hormones and antibiotics pumped into our meat. our bodies weren't made to be able to digest OR filter that stuff, so much of it sits in our internal organs, building up and causing health issues cause our bodies can't properly remove them itself. these cleansers help to "flush out" those toxins.

like i said, there are people who used these cleansers and had their allergies disappear, their asthma disappear, ulcers, etc. hell, it's even helped cancer patients that had been considered terminal to have the cancer completely disappear simply cause once those other toxins were removed from their body, their own immunity system could actually fight off the cancer! not saying these cleansers are the "be all, cure all", but if you have a ton of sludge built up in your body, it's like not changing the fluids in a car. after a while, that goop builds up, and it will innevitably affect us in a negative way. removing that sludge allows our bodies to fight the things it should be fighting and run far more effectively.

up until i started researching them, i thought they were just a bunch of hype, or something you'd use for particular health problems. but it's actually more of a preventative health care treatment. after all the research i've done and all the evidence backing their effectiveness, i just had to give them a shot.

at this point however, i am considering waiting until my next cutting phase as you suggested, swolecat. think at that point it would be much easier for my body to focus on the cleansing as opposed to doing it when i'm force-feeding all the time as well.

as far as you notsmall, if you do still think the detox's are bs, call me on it. spend the $30 on the cleansers (yes, that's all it costs for an entire kit in vitamin world) and if you can honestly say you don't notice any health benefits whatsoever after using them, i'll change my avatar for 2 weeks to a pic of me dressed up in a nice little girly dress for you. yes, i'm that confident that this stuff works that i'm willing to wager on it, and i'll trust you to be honest on this. you game or what?
    Last edited by ascendant; 05-03-2006 at 02:51 PM.

Whats the web site? My whole body has been funked up since being over seas. And I came into contact with alot of foul ship!

Quote Originally Posted by novicenovicen
    Whats the web site? My whole body has been funked up since being over seas. And I came into contact with alot of foul ship!
    well, this is just one of many of the cleansers out there, but they make a complete kit you can get. reason i got it is because they had it at vitamin world on sale for, if i remember right $27.95. figured for that price, it's worth a shot, especially from all the hype i've heard.

anyway, the website for the kit i got is www.naturessecret.com

I used there colon cleanse stuff it was a 2 pack a couple years ago. And the first 2 dumps arew unreal!

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    as far as you notsmall, if you do still think the detox's are bs, call me on it. spend the $30 on the cleansers (yes, that's all it costs for an entire kit in vitamin world) and if you can honestly say you don't notice any health benefits whatsoever after using them, i'll change my avatar for 2 weeks to a pic of me dressed up in a nice little girly dress for you. yes, i'm that confident that this stuff works that i'm willing to wager on it, and i'll trust you to be honest on this. you game or what?
    LMAO! I may take you up on that!

BTW I am nominating you for the Mike Dura award for long-ass posts!

count me in too. I want a piece of the bet! (even if you will say it works just so you don't have to where a dress)!

I'm going to go get some!

Temptation is offline Female Member
    The cleanse is not going to affect your cycle in any way... over time supposedly toxins build up in your system... upper, lower GI and colon -- by cleansing you're giving your system a clean slate for metabolism... as well as other things. I've never tried it but it's on my to-do list.

Also the EASIEST way to do a toxin flush (and cheapest) is to buy leeks.... boil the leeks in a large pot of water and let saturate, remove the leeks so you have basically a leek-broth. Drink this for 48 hrs. straight - NO FOOD.

Alot of celebrity colon cleanses... are enemas in so many words. You don't want to lose water weight - not if you're cycling. It's like the "hollywood diet" that was big so many years ago... (lose 10lbs. in a week...etc)... it's just a diuretic.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    LMAO! I may take you up on that!

BTW I am nominating you for the Mike Dura award for long-ass posts!
    if you decide to, let me know, and you can hold me to it.

can't really argue with the nomination as i know very well my descriptiveness tends to drag out occasionally. haven't seen the thread yet, but nice to know i'm noticed for something on here!

Thread Information