KeyMastur is offline VET

what would you do - credit card ?'s

ok got this tee time today at 12:18. they took my CC info the other day (just numbers / exp date) and said i'll be charged if i don't play. well my 2 partners don't want to play now cause they'd rather watch the UT / A & M game, so i gotta cancel. i call to cancel and they say there's a 24 HR cancellation policy - who knew they'd be open on thanksgiving day, not me. so i'm gonna get charged if i don't play.

can't find anyone to go play on short notice. if i cancel the CC right now, would they be able to make a charge on my card ?? if i report it as stolen / lost ??

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Call the company and dispute the charges

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i don't believe they have made any charges as of yet since i can either leave it on the credit card or play cash or use vouchers once i get there to play today. but, if i don't show, they will attempt to charge my card. if they try to charge a card that has been cancelled, then it'll just show up as declined right ?? and there's nothing they can do about it ?? they don't have anything signed by me. everything was done over the phone, and i doubt they'd go through all the trouble of tracing phone calls just for 240.

Blog Entries
    If you don’t show is when you call the cc company. That is the only chance you have is to show that you did not use their services. The cc companies are pretty good with that shit and wont let them place the charge.

On the other hand if you don’t have a balance on the cc you can cancel it. But then the place might try and go after you for it

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    It depends. Some companies put a hold on your card for the amount of the charge. So it maybe too late if they have a hold on your card for the amount.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

KeyMastur is offline VET
    oh i got a balance. i'm thinkin i can just cancel the card and it'll go away. report it as stolen / lost. they can't charge a cancelled card - won't work. they can't come after me cause i never signed anything. they can try, but they can't prove that i'm the one that actually made the call. i did use it last night at a bar around midnight, but should be able to claim i lost it between now and then. like i said, no "deposit" charges have been filed against my card for the golf course.

stuball is offline Banned
    Did your friends say they were gonna play ??? If so get the money from them, dont cancel your cc it dosent look good on your credit report, or call the cc and tell them the name of the golf course and not to authorize the charge, then forget about playing there under you name again..

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    It depends. Some companies put a hold on your card for the amount of the charge. So it maybe too late if they have a hold on your card for the amount.
    yeah i don't think there's a hold charge.

wonder if i'm able to call and find out

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by stuball
    Did your friends say they were gonna play ??? If so get the money from them, dont cancel your cc it dosent look good on your credit report, or call the cc and tell them the name of the golf course and not to authorize the charge, then forget about playing there under you name again..
    not cancel, report as stolen / lost - i'd get another card / different number.

stuball is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    not cancel, report as stolen / lost - i'd get another card / different number.
    Call the cc company and tell them not to let the golf course charge anything to your card that you have had problems in the past, and you will most likely be charged a fee for a lost card..

Mizfit is offline Banned
    u had a verbal contract.

They told you of the stimpulation, you might run into trouble

To get out of my gym contract i used failure of purpose as my excuse and i actually ended up getting ym money back

Good luck

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i cancelled the CC already. told them i lost it last night. so if they try to charge it then it won't allow it.

they never told me of a 24 hour cancellation policy. that's my only out

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    LOL if I would have seen this thread earlier I would have went and played a round with you...

What golf course where you going to go to?

Blog Entries
    i cancelled the CC already. told them i lost it last night. so if they try to charge it then it won't allow it.

they never told me of a 24 hour cancellation policy. that's my only out
    Keep us posted on how this works out.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by horse2006
    LOL if I would have seen this thread earlier I would have went and played a round with you...

What golf course where you going to go to?
    was gonna head out to Tour 18 over off 1960 Humble / Atascocita.

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    was gonna head out to Tour 18 over off 1960 Humble / Atascocita.
    Thats about 30 minutes from my house....

I am not worth a shit at golf but I still enjoy playing every once in awhile...

Thread Information