MoneyAddyct is offline Member

Anyone Ever Get Discouraged? (It Gets A Little Whiny)

I started bulking again about 2 weeks ago. So far I've gained zilch. I've been eating every 2 hours but I wasn't sure how many calories I was really taking in. So I decided to start using Fitday.com. According to Fitday, the first day I started (Sat) I consumed 3587, the next 3626, and yesterday 3595. So I'm assuming that for the past 2 weeks I've been getting roughly 3500 calories since I eat mostly the same types of foods day in and day out. My maintenance is 3000. Certainly I should be gaining something. I started using No-Xplode as well and I must say, whether it's mental or not, I'm really enjoying what I perceive to be the effects of this product. It's shitty that I feel fuvking fantastic, have great pumps and great workouts, eat roughly 3500 cals a day and haven't gained sh1t. Anyone ever feel discouraged like I'm starting to feel? Sometimes I think, why bother? I guess I just need to stop looking at the scale and only focus on how I feel and not how much I weigh. Sorry for the whine.

Money

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    post ur diet up in the diet forum ....... get a critique .... could be ur diet

I'll do that.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah I know how you feel. I hold on to bodyfat and its really hard to lose in stubborn areas. I have to do like 2 hours of cardio a day to get below 12% and eat perfectly

Luckily I don't have that problem, I have the opposite problem: I have to work for every lb I gain.

Update: Diet posted in diet forum.
    Last edited by MoneyAddyct; 07-18-2006 at 03:57 PM.

Natty99 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyAddyct
    Luckily I don't have that problem, I have the opposite problem: I have to work for every since lb I gain.

Update: Diet posted in diet forum.
    Me too

I just took some measurements and my stats are definitely up in the past 2 weeks even though my weight isn't. And I'm not still pumped from the gym so I know it's accurate. So I guess I gained a little muscle and lost a little fat. I'd still like to see the scale move though.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I gain weight/strength pretty easily..just not in my arms :

Its losing it that is hard..

Same here...my arms are BY FAR my weakest (in terms of mass, not so much strength) muscle group. I dunno what to do. It sucks!

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Give it some time bro, 2 weeks is not long. Just do what you are doing and see what happens in another week or 2.

Thanks for the encouragement bro...I didn't plan on stopping but sometimes I get frustrated. The lack of increase gets me down but it motivates me to eat MORE and try HARDER.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Stop weighing yourself. Judge by the mirror.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    I hear you bro we all go through it, but just keep at it and work hard and give it some time, it doesent come overnight you know that. You will be fine!! Good Luck!!

gritt is offline Junior Member
    As you get older it gets worse. I do 2 hours cardio a day both in am and pm, lift 3x weekly and keep a strict diet at 1800 claories (6 meals, 1.5 protein...etc.)

Sometimes it is just a plateau that you have to work through. I lost a lot initially and now it has really slowed down.
    I just remind myself it is a lifestyle; not a temporary fix. You do not have to be in a hurry although it is tough sometimes.

Keep it up and dont give up!

Now I've got some weird dark circles/puffiness under my eyes and a slight bulging effect going on. Maybe I'm not drinking enough water with my creatine? I have no idea. I'm a mess lol

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    1. Give it some more time, 2 weeks isn't much

2. If gaining weight is a problem for you, 3500 kcal isn't much

3. Post the diet in the diet forum, because maybe your 3500 kcal come from bad sources

4. Use the mirror to monitor your progress, not the scale, sometimes you gain muscle and lose some bf at the same time - you look better but your weight stays the same

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    whats your workout like? if you are above maintanace and not gaining Its probably the workout.

Quote Originally Posted by bor

3. Post the diet in the diet forum, because maybe your 3500 kcal come from bad sources

4. Use the mirror to monitor your progress, not the scale, sometimes you gain muscle and lose some bf at the same time - you look better but your weight stays the same

3. My diet is up in the diet forum

4. I do use the mirror and I think I do look bigger and better but it's a little discouraging that the scale doesn't say so. But I figured I might've gained a little mass and lost a little fat.

Quote Originally Posted by bor

1. OK
    2. I'm gonna kick up it 500 cals/week starting next week.
    3. My diet is up in the diet forum
    4. I do use the mirror and I think I do look bigger and better but it's a little discouraging that the scale doesn't say so. But I figured I might've gained a little mass and lost a little fat.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    i lose weight alot and it frustrates me so yes i feel ur pain

Thread Information