Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    poor bunny
    Eh, its one of those food chain things. You should see them swing the pigeons around on the lanyard... pfft... those little birdies get pretty shooken up trying to bait the falcons when they start to drift too far. The rabbit actually screamed quite a bit but it was cool in that National Geographic sense...

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Saweet, I have trained in the desert where a higher pitch is the goal. In England you're probably doing more follow-on training with a lot of trees and shrubbery. They are amazing, intelligent and very observant little creatures...

Mine was a Lanner Falcon from Iran (I have since passed him on to someone else to train and fly him).
    sounds mint.. its my old boss who has them. he had 2 female goss hawks at the time. used to catch pigeons and mice

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Pfft... I always say, the biggest shame with being obese and out of shape all your life: going through life not knowing what it is like to be with a beautiful woman... a legitamit beautiful woman - hookers don't count y'all!

LBT, I am now properly motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by spencer
    sounds mint.. its my old boss who has them. he had 2 female goss hawks at the time. used to catch pigeons and mice
    If I do it again someday... I want a white Gyr Falcon at around a kilo. Beautiful white falcons with some thick talons!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Create a motivational poster.. then share!-gyrfalcon.jpg   Create a motivational poster.. then share!-gyr_falcon_pair.jpg   Create a motivational poster.. then share!-gyrfalcon3.jpg  

If I do it again someday... I want a white Gyr Falcon at around a kilo. Beautiful white falcons with some thick talons!

he lent me a book on the once, it shown how they catch them in the wild and how to breed them and stuff.
    i wanted to get into it but time and money i didnt have. he had gyr falcons too at one time.
    he had a massive one too. i cant remember the name, it was a cross breed i think.

he lent me a book on the once, it shown how they catch them in the wild and how to breed them and stuff.
    i wanted to get into it but time and money i didnt have. he had gyr falcons too at one time.
    he had a massive one too. i cant remember the name, it was a cross breed i think.
    The guys in the Middle East will sit outside from sunrise to sunset waiting and baiting them with pigeons... during the migration period in the spring - we are moving into the prime hunting time now. They sit in a little, shaded, wooden, igloo-looking, hut... waiting with a net from what I was shown. Obviously damaging any of the feathers is a big no-no. Wild caught falcons can be easily manned and become great hunting companions... win a few competitions and a white Gyr falcon over a kilo in good condition can be worth thousands of dollars. I saw a white Gyr worth over $200k once... it had won several competitions in Dubai and Morocco, was in perfect condition and was owned by a Shiekh.

The guys in the Middle East will sit outside from sunrise to sunset waiting and baiting them with pigeons... during the migration period in the spring - we are moving into the prime hunting time now. They sit in a little, shaded, wooden, igloo-looking, hut... waiting with a net from what I was shown. Obviously damaging any of the feathers is a big no-no. Wild caught falcons can be easily manned and become great hunting companions... win a few competitions and a white Gyr falcon over a kilo in good condition can be worth thousands of dollars. I saw a white Gyr worth over $200k once... it had won several competitions in Dubai and Morocco, was in perfect condition and was owned by a Shiekh.
    it shown them sewing their eyes together so they get used to their owners voice

it shown them sewing their eyes together so they get used to their owners voice
    God no! The falcon must be treated like a delicate gem. Some do sew the eyes of pigeons shut while lure training a new falcon. With the falcons themselves, the only thing remotely close to this is the use of a hood... the hood keeps them calm while traveling, keeps them from seeing potential prey, or calm in an otherwise conjested situation (mostly so they don't bait and break a feather). But manning includes hours of holding them on the glove (unhooded) and getting them use to the voice and the owner him/herself.

Here is my Lanner hooded...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Create a motivational poster.. then share!-mylanner.jpg  

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    asdf!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Create a motivational poster.. then share!-motivation.jpg  

RA
    He was putting up a pic that was motivational to him. I dont think at this point there is a need to pick it apart politically.

RA
    Im certain we agree politically. Im also certain if you keep flaming another member you will be suspended or banned.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    You guys done now?
    I have left it open since this thread is cool, but just stopposting BS. Its pointless and you know its gonna be deleted.

stewie is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    You guys done now?
    I have left it open since this thread is cool, but just stopposting BS. Its pointless and you know its gonna be deleted.
    im sorry didnt know posts were being deleted

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Its alright. This is just the way I looked at the situation. It was an AWESOME idea for someone to create a thread for people do creat motivational posters to share with the board and maybe inspire others as well. So Stewie or anyone else if your poster creates contreversy or is upsetting to other members it will be removed solely in the best interests of the board and respecting all members. Me deleting things in no way means I agree or have a stance on it one way or another.
    I say go ahead and print the poster and hang it in your room, but we are a community here and its best that everyone remains "friendly."
    Disagreements are bound to happen, but if there is a way to fix them then we should do our best to do so swiftly.

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    I must have missed something - STUPID STUPID! THAT"S WHAT I GET FOR GOING TO WORK!

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Its alright. This is just the way I looked at the situation. It was an AWESOME idea for someone to create a thread for people do creat motivational posters to share with the board and maybe inspire others as well. So Stewie or anyone else if your poster creates contreversy or is upsetting to other members it will be removed solely in the best interests of the board and respecting all members. Me deleting things in no way means I agree or have a stance on it one way or another.
    I say go ahead and print the poster and hang it in your room, but we are a community here and its best that everyone remains "friendly."
    Disagreements are bound to happen, but if there is a way to fix them then we should do our best to do so swiftly.
    I like that word...

harleystrongman is offline Junior Member
    Those are awesome

Sepsis is offline Member
    if you are a MMA fan, there are a ton of these here:
    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showth...hlight=Amerika
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Create a motivational poster.. then share!-fedorbear7ua.jpg   Create a motivational poster.. then share!-jiujitsu7xt.jpg   Create a motivational poster.. then share!-101501660_1f49dd2c25.jpg   Create a motivational poster.. then share!-101498963_2d5feccf88.jpg  

I think we can all agree on this one?

Red
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Create a motivational poster.. then share!-motivator1717120.jpg  

zipzz is offline Junior Member

Oh my God

rake922 is offline Banned
    good stuff

juice_305 is offline Banned
    Got Milk
    Last edited by juice_305; 10-01-2006 at 03:40 AM.

I think the "Got milk" slogan applies more to your avatar. Yummy.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    ok so that one was ghey...so i made this to make up for it

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    My woman looks good in a Gi huh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Create a motivational poster.. then share!-never-pass-guard.jpg  
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 09-25-2006 at 01:46 AM.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Makes for a huge signature..but a nice one indeed!
    ***No source checks!!!***

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information