cfiler is offline Anabolic Member

Unhappy I finally did it today!

Today was legs day. I wanted to start off my workout with a bang, so I stretched alittle, and weighed myself. Then I stare down the squat rack. I load up some plates, grab the bar, and lower myself and do afew warm up sets.

Everything is going great, I'm feeling a nice little tingle in my quads.

Then I load up some more weight. Do my second set. Felt great, infact I had the best form for squats than I've ever had before. I'm impressed.

So I load up afew more lbs, and start my third set. I figure I'm only going to do 8 reps. So I start pumping away. Breathing in and out. Clean and controlled. I get to rep 6, and can barely get up....

Rep 7, and I'm starting to struggle, but I make it. I'm fully confident, and want to keep going.

Rep 8, I go down... but don't come back up quickly. I'm struggling. I take a big breath while I'm down, and push up with everything I have...

Nothing. I don't move an inch. Then all of the sudden I do move. I fly up, with the weights behind me. The come tumbling down and crash on the floor. I'm barely able to keep my ballance and stay standing.

Then it happens.

This churning feeling.

Next thing I know I'm running faster than the Flash, because sub conciously I know what's going to happen next. My body races me, not to the water fountain, but more importantly to the garbage can next to it.

Then, out EVERYTHING comes. I thought I threw up everything I've ever eaten, some organs, plus the kitchen sink...

It was so embaressing, yet everyone seemed fine with it. It was almost creepy.

So, I finally joined the "Squat till ya puke" club. I expect my secret decoder ring is in the mail, along with a newsletter.

chest6 is offline Banned
    ROFL. I like the style it was written it Kept me interested. I have yet to throw up from squats..I never get nauseous from lifting heavy..only really dizzy at times i breath incorrectly

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I always stop myself - though one day I am sure I'll let it go too. The problem is I am always worried it will f' up my workout. So I just sit for a minute - sometimes I get something with a little sugar in it if I have to than get back into it. I have put alka seltzers in my water while working out to help keep my stomach settled...

Superhuman is offline Banned
    i feel like throwing up sometimes but I've only puked from a workout about 3-4 times ever. Occasionally I'll puke a little in my mouth but I'll swallow it

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    ROFL. I like the style it was written it Kept me interested. I have yet to throw up from squats..I never get nauseous from lifting heavy..only really dizzy at times i breath incorrectly
    same here. i get light headed quite often from deads, and sometimes from squats, but have never thrown up from physical activity. came close to it when wrestling though

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    same here. i get light headed quite often from deads, and sometimes from squats, but have never thrown up from physical activity. came close to it when wrestling though

Mizfit is offline Banned
    what did u have for lunch?

Was it worth losing?

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Lol ... welcome to the club. I know that I haven't trained legs well enough if I do not get a slight headache during training. I don't get it on upper body days .... only leg days!

thats the worst feeling in the world, I've yacked about 3 or 4 times b4, sux

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Not been sick, yet. lol.

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    doesnt puking move the body into a catabolic state thus defeating the actual purpose of working out?

Jimmya73 is offline Senior Member
    doesnt puking move the body into a catabolic state thus defeating the actual purpose of working out?
    arent you in a catabolic state during the workout anyway ? and if you really wanna get anal about,technically almost anything you do besides eating is catabolic lol. but i assume you are joking....

One time I was doing concentration curls then

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    yea i love it

maybe i dont work myself hard enough to throw up, im waiting for that day

congrats

ive only 1-2 times. Get an ill feeling though quite often

Another time was during calve raises.......damn I threw up my nutragrain bar...Damn....

HA I remember during wrist curls whoooo weeee that was messy.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    i feel sick every time i do squats, almost threw up supersetting bench press and seated rows

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmya73
    arent you in a catabolic state during the workout anyway ? and if you really wanna get anal about,technically almost anything you do besides eating is catabolic lol. but i assume you are joking....
    ok ill admit im stupid to say that without backing it up

but i remember reading on a website... maybe it was t nation that puking is not the best thing to do during a workout

il lfind the link ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    ok ill admit im stupid to say that without backing it up

but i remember reading on a website... maybe it was t nation that puking is not the best thing to do during a workout
    il lfind the link ASAP

Your crazy...... I puke on purpose to put my body in more of a anabolic state before my 8th set of any major lift.

never puked in the gym but have a coulpe times walking out

Here is an excerpt from '10 training myths exposed' by Joe DeFranco
    Myth #3: The best indicators of a good workout are how tired you are after the workout and how sore you are the next day.

This is a myth my most dedicated athletes still have a tough time dismissing. Most hard-working individuals equate a good workout with being exhausted and sore. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had athletes say, "You didn’t even make me puke" after a workout. My response is usually, "I didn’t make you puke because I didn’t want to make you puke. Making you puke would be easy. Getting you stronger, faster and more flexible actually takes some work."

Puking is one of the most catabolic things you can do to your body. If your goals are increased muscular strength and/or muscular hypertrophy, you should do everything possible not to puke during your training!

Fatigue is another popular indicator people use to rate the productivity of their workouts. Remember that the goal of your training session should dictate how you feel after your workout. For example, if you’re going to perform a plyometric workout with the goal of improving your vertical jump, you shouldn’t be exhausted after the workout.

Actually, a properly designed plyometric workout should stimulate your neuromuscular system and you should feel better than when you started the workout. On the other hand, it’s good to be exhausted after a tough practice that was designed to get you in "game shape" for your given sport.

Finally, I’ve never read any research that links post-exercise soreness to strength gains, hypertrophy gains or improved athletic performance. Who the hell wants to be sore anyway? Think of DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) as an unfortunate side effect of training, not a goal of training.

Remember that it’s easy for a coach to make an athlete tired, but it takes a true professional to get an athlete stronger, faster, more flexible and better conditioned.
    he does not give any references as to why it is bad to puke specifically but he does give reasons as to why it is ill advised.

and besides the feeling one gets after puking wouldnt relaly motivate me to train ahrd after that... i'd be hungry and feel sick.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    yeah ive puked actually when i got home, which is only say a 10 minute drive. but ive gotten home and felt liek i couldnt take down my PWO... then i yacked and took it down

yeah ive puked actually when i got home, which is only say a 10 minute drive. but ive gotten home and felt liek i couldnt take down my PWO... then i yacked and took it down
    thats what happens to me most often. upchucked twice in the gym,once was literally in the gym and not the gym bathroom and probably 3-4 times at home. usually after my first sip of a drink, or after trying to swallow some vit c or another pwo supp.

he does not give any references as to why it is bad to puke specifically but he does give reasons as to why it is ill advised.

and besides the feeling one gets after puking wouldnt relaly motivate me to train ahrd after that... i'd be hungry and feel sick
    lol man i dont think anyones doin it on purpose. i dont like it, i try not to puke if i can. but sometimes there is no choice...

Thread Information