goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"

Talking So anyone got any fish stories?

Sticking to these threads I've had a bunch of my feeder shiners die lately trying to figure out why

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    this will be the safe house...

I have no fish but have you seen how they raise talapia? Feed them the floating crap from the Bass tanks. No thanks, I'll stick to "wild caught" fish

I saw that on Dirty Jobs

oh, the thread got locked...it really did have the potential to get bad

I guess admin locked it before someone did something to get banned

Nothing to see here, just fish

..or did you see the dirty jobs where they take fish and grind them up into a "milk shake" , dry it out and mix dried blood in it to make fish food?

Cycle of life stuff just amazes me. When I heard they ground up cow parts to feed them back to cows for slaughter...such irony

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i have to go to a plant and calibrate equpiment used for that sort of stuff...it is pig blood though...they heat it up super hot and spin it in a centerfuge and the white cells go into glue for wood, and the red and plasma go back into there food...i walked in the place and just about puked everywhere..it is foul...boiling pig blood....

Kingweb50 is offline Member
    When I was in the service I had a small 20 gallon tank and I had about 5 fish die over the course of 2 weeks and I found out the very first fish I bought (a wrasse) was killing them. I found this out because all the fish that died were smaller then it and then I put bigger fish in and nothing ever happened again.

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    i had a bluegill that killed anything that moved, mean as hell. Then it jumped out and died, such irony

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I had 3 goldfish that lived for like 4 years until my baby brother decided to go fishing, and he left the fish on the carpet. I tried to save them, they still had a little life left when I got to them, but they died anyway.

Kingweb50 is offline Member
    I was reading somwhere once that someone had goldfish and he used to give them shaved dbol pills and that they got huge

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    one morning i came downstairs to feed my fish, and my crayfish had my plecostomus upside down and clamped in its claws, and was taking huge bites out of it. I looked closer and realized the pleco was still alive, and was getting his innards ripped out and aware of it. pissed me off cuz i just bought the pleco

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    when i was younger i hated my dads girlfriend (dad was dating her while parents were still together blah blah blah)....she had a pretty big fish tank, and i got shitty as hell when they locked me out of the house on accident when it was almost 100 outside (F).....i kicked open our french doors arond back, proceeded into the bedroom, and the c*nt brought her fish tank in the house- crazy bitch musta thought she was movin in...but anyway, i went and grabbed some bleach from the laundry room, and i dumped it in her tank....in seconds about 10 fish were dead

So how about those fish

We were swingin', just a swingin':

importeater91 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
    Sticking to these threads I've had a bunch of my feeder shiners die lately trying to figure out why
    if there shiners that you go fishing with, the water needs to be cold. its either that or most likely the ammonia is too high

Quote Originally Posted by importeater91 View Post
    if there shiners that you go fishing with, the water needs to be cold. its either that or most likely the ammonia is too high
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, it almost nuked my tank, never had that happened before. Almost lost my paranhas would have sucked but now they are ok they are the size of your hand but thicker now, when I got them they were maybe thumb size.

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, it almost nuked my tank, never had that happened before. Almost lost my paranhas would have sucked but now they are ok they are the size of your hand but thicker now, when I got them they were maybe thumb size.
    i used to have red bellies, they were cool at first but i got bored of them fast. i had one about the size of a dvd case and in another tank i had 6 the size of dimes. they got to the size of a coke can untill i went on vaca and had my friend watch them. when i came back needles to say there was only one left in the tank..i wanted to kill him ...i once had a fish called a snakehead. that thing was the coolest one that ive owned. the sec u droped a fish in there it would be gone, even if it was on the other side of my 55 gal tank. there illegal around here now but if i could get one i would set my tank back up in a min

Quote Originally Posted by qualityclrk1 View Post
    when i was younger i hated my dads girlfriend (dad was dating her while parents were still together blah blah blah)....she had a pretty big fish tank, and i got shitty as hell when they locked me out of the house on accident when it was almost 100 outside (F).....i kicked open our french doors arond back, proceeded into the bedroom, and the c*nt brought her fish tank in the house- crazy bitch musta thought she was movin in...but anyway, i went and grabbed some bleach from the laundry room, and i dumped it in her tank....in seconds about 10 fish were dead
    my friends crazy step mom did that to his tank once

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    lol well the feelings were of course bitter as hell...i was definitely on my moms team for the situation, and it was seriously like 100 degrees outside, and here in illinois the 100 degrees can feel a lot warmer than Arizona's 110....because of the humidity....and then when i couldn't get in the house cuz the locks were changed (to keep my mom out)....long story short i dumped the bleach, and i was thinking the fish would die EVENTUALLY-- no they died within seconds...i felt like an ass hole...it wasn't the fish's fault =(

whats dones done you know..but at least u had a reason...my friends step mom did it for no reason

whats dones done you know..but at least u had a reason...my friends step mom did it for no reason..all it takes is a drop of bleach too..she dumped a shit load and denied the whole thing and thats all you could smell when u walked in the room was the bleach

Thread Information