hair follacle test. oh no...

So this high paying job gave me an interview date today for the 16th of this month. they said background check and hair follicle check are mandatory.

i have a clear criminal record but hair test's can detect rec's for up to a year.

this might sound stupid but would wearing a wig work?, ive googled, yahoo'd, and i even asked jeeves with no results on if anyone has tried this. they pull the hair by the root on top of your head.

has anyone had to take a hair test? if so, do they inspect your head for this type of thing?

not sure if this is against board rules or not, ill edit if need be.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Um...I think they'll notice if you're wearing a wig. You should shave your head so they have nothing to take. Other than that I really don't know how to avoid a follicle test.

they will just take some of your armpit hair, and if not that then pubic/ass hair. and if its all gone even nose/leg/ear hair and eyebrows they will declare it a refusal to take test.

thanks for the input though dude. any wigs out there that cant be detected even close up?

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    you would need a wig made out of human hair.

lol, take a minute and look at what you're typing, its ridiculous.

if you have rec drugs that show up on the test, man up and admit it happened but you've learned from your past experiences and will not touch any again.

thats about all you can realistically do.

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Shave your whole body and go to the interview looking like a mutant baby.

Are follicle tests standard procedure?

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    voice stress tests (ie lie detector) and background/criminal record disclosure are standard issue tests for government jobs in canada...no crazy things like folicle tests though

^^that's what I was thinkin.

HAHA it is rediculous. i could see myself walking in there with hair like darths from waynes world, then have them going to take the sample and just taking my wig off, giving me the "are you ****ing retarded" look.

BUT, say they pay no mind to it and just pluck some hairs real quick and thats it... in my dreams....

AHH PLEASE someone who has had a hair follice test, please share experiences on how they carry out the procedure!

this employer has the same union as my current employer so say i did fail, do you think they would relay that information to my current employer?

And yes, they are standard procedure. Hell, they even follicle test there temporary hires....
    im willing to try anything at this point, with this job i could move out and still put away a little cash, hence the drug testing.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    voice stress tests (ie lie detector) and background/criminal record disclosure are standard issue tests for government jobs in canada...no crazy things like folicle tests though
    I think the lie detector is only for military and military related jobs, as well as policing. My brother works a senior position for the government and didn't have to do any lie detector tests.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    I have heard there are shampoos, but I have no idea how well they work

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member

Smile

Try Nizoral shampoo... the miracle shampoo

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtball_619 View Post
    So this high paying job gave me an interview date today for the 16th of this month. they said background check and hair follicle check are mandatory.

i have a clear criminal record but hair test's can detect rec's for up to a year.

this might sound stupid but would wearing a wig work?, ive googled, yahoo'd, and i even asked jeeves with no results on if anyone has tried this. they pull the hair by the root on top of your head.

has anyone had to take a hair test? if so, do they inspect your head for this type of thing?

not sure if this is against board rules or not, ill edit if need be.
    Please tell me this wasn't a serious question ?

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    Are follicle tests standard procedure?
    follice tests are starting to become more common than urine samples

it was a serious question. i havent really taken notice to how fake looking wigs are, but if its obvious i could see how you think thats an idiotic question.

my logic was that the test might not defer between real hair and fake hair, because they take the sample themselves they would assume it is real. so no testing to see if the hair was real or fake would be needed so the technology wouldnt be needed. so if the test only analyzed the sample for narcotics it would come out negative. im probably wrong though

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtball_619 View Post
    it was a serious question. i havent really taken notice to how fake looking wigs are, but if its obvious i could see how you think thats an idiotic question.

my logic was that the test might not defer between real hair and fake hair, because they take the sample themselves they would assume it is real. so no testing to see if the hair was real or fake would be needed so the technology wouldnt be needed. so if the test only analyzed the sample for narcotics it would come out negative. im probably wrong though
    ........dude, just quietly walk away from the keyboard right now and we will act like this never happened.

They only go back 60-90 days, not a year. I had to take one for my job and someone I work with said he used a shampoo to pass the test and it worked.

Thread Information