Maverick_J8 is offline Member

Bodybuilding in the 60's

Aka Arnold's era. From my understanding, the compounds and supplements were limited at that time. The bodybuilding world was a mere fraction of what it is now. And money was not really in the equation - unlike today when that's all it's pretty much about. Promotion. Competitions. And dare I say it, politics.

The compounds used were mild steroids like Dianabol , correct? But what else. Were there injectable steroids on the scene then? Testosterone ? Sustanon ? Winstrol ? And HGH we know was pretty much non-existent at that time.

My reason for asking is all laid out towards one picture, specifically of Arnold.

Surely this was not only Dianabol, good diet, good training, and good genetics. This was someone who was "Advanced" in that era with knowledge of diet and training. 100mg of (as lame as it is to say) dianabol? But to get like this? Surely there were other drugs being used to achieve this look.

Last edited by Maverick_J8; 06-06-2008 at 06:03 AM.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    if you ask me, arnold was far from knowledgibe on training....Pretty clueless actually. I have no idea what his diet was like.....injectible steroids have been around for nearly 100 years.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Arnold just winged it. I wish I could wing it and look like that. He had amazing genetics, almost a pure ****morph. The guy could grow from mowing lawns.

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    if you ask me, arnold was far from knowledgibe on training....Pretty clueless actually. I have no idea what his diet was like.....injectible steroids have been around for nearly 100 years.
    Really?Thats the 1st i have ever heard that statement

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    I heard he just took D-Bol.. How correct that is I dont know, but this is a good post bro because I have always wondered about Arnie, Cloumbo, mentzer and all those guys. i hope someone chimes in with the answer

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    I think they do it the same way the guys today do it...great genetics for bodybuilding. Fact of the matter is if we took the same drugs, ate the same food and did the same training they would get twice the results as the rest of us.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    The History of Synthetic Testosterone ; Scientific American Magazine; by Hoberman, Yesalis; 6 Page(s)

On June 1, 1889, Charles .douard Brown-S.quard, a prominent French physiologist, announced at the Soci.t. de Biologie in Paris that he had devised a rejuvenating therapy for the body and mind. The 72-year-old professor reported that he had drastically reversed his own decline by injecting himself with a liquid extract derived from the testicles of dogs and guinea pigs. These injections, he told his audience, had increased his physical strength and intellectual energy, relieved his constipation and even lengthened the arc of his urine.

Almost all experts, including some of Brown-S.quard's contemporaries, have agreed that these positive effects were induced by the power of suggestion, despite Brown-S.quard's claims to the contrary. Yet he was correct in proposing that the functions of the testicles might be enhanced or restored by replacing the substances they produce. His achievement was thus to make the idea of the "internal secretion," initially proposed by another well-known French physiologist, Claude Bernard, in 1855, the basis of an organotherapeutic "replacement " technique. Brown-S.quard's insight that internal secretions could act as physiological regulators (named hormones in 1905) makes him one of the founders of modern endocrinology. So began an era of increasingly sophisticated hormonal treatments that led to the synthesis in 1935 of testosterone, the primary male hormone produced by the testicles.

Ir0n is offline Associate Member
    come on just google it. "arnold cycles"
    click the one on top

Quote Originally Posted by Ir0n View Post
    click the one on top
    Dont know if thats really one of his cycles but my liver hurt just reading it.

anabolicpower is offline Banned
    "Always have letrozole on hand in case of gynecomastia and keep your diet and training dialed in. There you have it, now you too can look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, use our new age cycle and grow!"

lol sounds easy
    I like the authors' english also.

Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    I heard he just took D-Bol.. How correct that is I dont know, but this is a good post bro because I have always wondered about Arnie, Cloumbo, mentzer and all those guys. i hope someone chimes in with the answer
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxxr View Post
    The History of Synthetic Testosterone ; Scientific American Magazine; by Hoberman, Yesalis; 6 Page(s)

On June 1, 1889, Charles .douard Brown-S.quard, a prominent French physiologist, announced at the Soci.t. de Biologie in Paris that he had devised a rejuvenating therapy for the body and mind. The 72-year-old professor reported that he had drastically reversed his own decline by injecting himself with a liquid extract derived from the testicles of dogs and guinea pigs. These injections, he told his audience, had increased his physical strength and intellectual energy, relieved his constipation and even lengthened the arc of his urine.

Almost all experts, including some of Brown-S.quard's contemporaries, have agreed that these positive effects were induced by the power of suggestion, despite Brown-S.quard's claims to the contrary. Yet he was correct in proposing that the functions of the testicles might be enhanced or restored by replacing the substances they produce. His achievement was thus to make the idea of the "internal secretion," initially proposed by another well-known French physiologist, Claude Bernard, in 1855, the basis of an organotherapeutic "replacement " technique. Brown-S.quard's insight that internal secretions could act as physiological regulators (named hormones in 1905) makes him one of the founders of modern endocrinology. So began an era of increasingly sophisticated hormonal treatments that led to the synthesis in 1935 of testosterone, the primary male hormone produced by the testicles.
    Nice article.

Quote Originally Posted by Ir0n View Post
    click the one on top
    You're taking the piss, right.

DeputyLoneWolf is offline Associate Member
    The thing I wonder about is the lack of gyno on all those guys. How was that possible and also I heard that they did not even do PCT, is that also correct?

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    Is this site for real,the one this is on ---->arnold cycles ...*********

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    doubt it

Thread Information