Thread: Depression

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"

Depression

I was watching the documentary I dont remember whats is called it was on science channel. It was showing one of the kid commit suicide because of the depression caused by AAS. It didnt mention in what he used and how much he used.

My question is does AAS can caused depression? IMO that particular kid in documentary didnt know what he was doing.
    Also I read cpl of articles on the internet some kid running cycle of just winny or other AAS no PCT and then complanning about the same thing.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah if your reatrded and dont know what your doing depression could def be a side effect of AAS. It was most likey the result of EXTREMELY LOW test levels.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I think it can magnify the symptoms of depression and perhaps even create feelings of depression. You are bound to be more moody when your hormones are out of wack, see also prego/pmsing woman. I had a difficult break up and started a tren /prop cycle 2 weeks later and for sure not feeling well. To go to the extent of suicidial though, I think there must be underlying causes. Many people resort to steroids because of social insecurity/poor body image. Some people should be seaking professional help rather than turning to steroids.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    that what I thought....I lose interest in the AAS story when it starts with "a buddy of mine" or " a friend of mine" cause I knw what will be the end of that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I think it can magnify the symptoms of depression and perhaps even create feelings of depression. You are bound to be more moody when your hormones are out of wack, see also prego/pmsing woman. I had a difficult break up and started a tren/prop cycle 2 weeks later and for sure not feeling well. To go to the extent of suicidial though, I think there must be underlying causes. Many people resort to steroids because of social insecurity/poor body image. Some people should be seaking professional help rather than turning to steroids.
    Well put. I was in a similar situation. Ending a cycle, girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me. And the first thing im thinking when she's breaking up with me is, mannnn this is gonna be a bumpy next 3 months or so, but never to the point of suicidal. To reach that point there has always got to be some deep rooted underlying factors.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Depression can effect anyone. you don't have to be on steroids to be depressed, although Steroids can play a contributing role. When I am on steriods , I rarely feel depressed. In fact, I feel more confident, and motivated when I am on them then I ever do with out them. Coming off of steroids... that is a different story - especially if Clomid is involved durning PCT. This is speaking entirely from personal experience, of course.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    I think it can magnify the symptoms of depression and perhaps even create feelings of depression. You are bound to be more moody when your hormones are out of wack, see also prego/pmsing woman. I had a difficult break up and started a tren/prop cycle 2 weeks later and for sure not feeling well. To go to the extent of suicidial though, I think there must be underlying causes. Many people resort to steroids because of social insecurity/poor body image. Some people should be seaking professional help rather than turning to steroids.
    very true.... good post.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    Yeah if your reatrded and dont know what your doing depression could def be a side effect of AAS. It was most likey the result of EXTREMELY LOW test levels.
    Pretty ignorant statement. Your injecting hormones into your body. Hormones obviously having a direct connection with mood. When injecting hormones your body reacts by slowing or shuttin down. You can have the most perfect pct but still have complications with hormone levels because, lets face it, we're not scientist and dont know exactly what our bodies need to get it back to normal post cycle. Being stupid or retarted has nothing to do with it.

On the other hand, suicide is no one's fault but their own. He took the drug and faced the consequences. Parents shouldn't blame steroids for suicide.

Your right. I should have said irresponsible, not retarded. I was over-simplifying. My point was the same as your last sentance, the steroids should not be blamed for the suicide.

jchopper1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy_brucy View Post
    Depression can effect anyone. you don't have to be on steroids to be depressed, although Steroids can play a contributing role. When I am on steriods, I rarely feel depressed. In fact, I feel more confident, and motivated when I am on them then I ever do with out them. Coming off of steroids... that is a different story - especially if Clomid is involved durning PCT. This is speaking entirely from personal experience, of course.
    me too

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    well put

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    i am depressed that i don't have any on hand right now.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    I was gonna chime in but Kratos covered everything I thought of saying.

-BLTim

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    ill give you some "hand" right now...come here...

depression is just like rage and alot of the other sides, it doesnt cause them so much as it just makes them more pronounced and can bring them out when you least expect em...

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    The good die young.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Steroids didn't make that kid kill himself. He had a lot of problems. They talk about him in the new movie Bigger Stronger Faster.

raised levels of testosterone are known to actually increase mood and feelings of confidence. i think the problem here is that he was doing it all wrong and his hormone levels were massively fluctuating, making him feel up and down and all over the place.

20gauge is offline Junior Member
    Does Tren make people as violent as they say? I had a friend who weighs in at 243IB and has done gear for about 8 years now reckons he only ever tried Tren once and only once. Apparently a bus driver was being an asshole while he was driving so he stopped at a red light got out and started shoulder charging and pushing the bus, and it started moving and the driver shat himself. He also said a friend of his about the same size tried it and when asked if he wanted more for another cycle he just said "never again" and he didn't wan't to talk about what happened.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Depression can be caused by a lack of PCT (and therefore knowledge).
    If a guy juices and gets big only to find that his gains went away post-cycle, that would lead to depression. 1 minute you feel like king kong on top of the world, the next, you look like everyone else. That's a logical way of looking at it.

thecivilizedanimal is offline Senior Member
    fvck it let the pvssies off themselves.

no sympathy from me,

suicide is a pvssy way out, you're fvcking over your friends and family

i've been through shit that would prob make most of you ball like little babies. but it makes me who i am, and my life has'nt been as hard of plenty of people i know that pick themselves up.

i used to be part of the drug scene here, and i've had to get used to a overdose or suicide pretty much once every other month.

i've been there i've felt like killing myself, but i have a son and thats more then enough reason to keep on living,

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    if they were discussing the kid that was discussed during the Senate Hearings, that kid wasn't even juicing anymore when he commited suicide - however, he was abusing alcohol/other drugs and had several other risk factors for suicide. but it was obviously the juice that did it. not

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    i've got depression when dealing with heavy estrogen levels, but never while using proper Anti-Es

bigt10 is offline Member
    My thoughts exactly. Its the same deal with accutane they all talk about depression but they forget most of the people on it are teenagers under 18 who have terrible acne for years and therefore already have low self confidence and low self esteem with a bad body image.

I do beleive certain drugs can effect your mood but for it to go extreme as suicidal thoughts and thoughts of killing or hurting other people there is some underlining factors.

Remember this as well no one ever wants to put their own blame. Ignorance is high these days its the same with obese people they look for every excuse in the book to blame their obesity but not once do you ever hear them admit they did things wrong and want to change. They just want a pill that can do that for them. It liks that guy who works at GNC he says people come in and expect they can lose weight without dieting or exercise and some supplement will do it for them.

Probably why ephedrine was banend in the USA. A bunch of fat soccer moms think they can pop these things and lose weight in weeks without dieting or exercising. Its like clen i have seen some idiots grab it and use like 300-500 mcg on the first day. If you abuse anything like that it can cause problems.

Remeber alot of people will like to blame drugs for their bad mood or depression. Most of them dont want to change they just blame it on their **.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i get HRT from my doctor for depression(this was the only reason she could come up with). but i had to cut a deal with her to do it. i had always been honest with her with my steroid use . she wasn't hip about my use of fina or home brew . so, no more home brew. this has been going on for almost a year now, and i think i look better and know i feel better. so for me, anyway, more wasnt better. and i am legal on a steroid test.....yea!
    oh, and it worked out, not a month after i got on HRT, bam i got drug screened for steroids .....thats the reason i had to get a doctors script, i knew it was coming
    Last edited by wascaptain5214; 06-12-2008 at 04:00 AM.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    i have always suffered from depression. since i was 13yrs old till now.

i did 15 weeks of sust, 250mg 2x a week - about 4 weeks in or so, my partner noticed my mood swings were far far far less, and less severe, everything "didnt suck", and my attitude even at work improved.

about 2 months after going clean, back to normal again..depressed, etc.

had my bloodwork done, low test levels! so i have an appt in a few months to go see an Endo...but in the meantime, i found going to work and being at work difficult, found myself very very moody....

so...i said fuk it - back on sust, and i feel FANTASTIC again. life couldn't be better...so...

who knows. thing is, it sounds like a lot of info was missing from that show. what he was taking, how often, how much, or if he was clean - he may not have done PCT.....

Blackster1975 is offline Associate Member
    I know i'm gonna get slated for admitting this but i once juiced whilst suffering from depression, my GF was cheating on me and it drove me too depression and i thought to myself f**k that bitch i'm gonna get juiced up and get back into the gym, caused some real bad anger problems like at work as i wanted to kill the guy she was shagging, and in the end i ended up getting sacked for fighting with him. But as far as roids causing problems with depression i think its down to the types of gear amounts used and most importantly the individual in question. I know of more people gettin depressed during pct, but most of the people i know actually love the feeling of being on juice gives them more confidence ect, and the drug mirtazipine is really good for countering depression, ive still got some for future use incase i ever feel low during pct.
    Last edited by Blackster1975; 06-12-2008 at 07:12 AM.

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wascaptain5214 View Post
    i get HRT from my doctor for depression(this was the only reason she could come up with). but i had to cut a deal with her to do it. i had always been honest with her with my steroid use . she wasn't hip about my use of fina or home brew . so, no more home brew. this has been going on for almost a year now, and i think i look better and know i feel better. so for me, anyway, more wasnt better. and i am legal on a steroid test.....yea!
    oh, and it worked out, not a month after i got on HRT, bam i got drug screened for steroids.....thats the reason i had to get a doctors script, i knew it was coming
    Lucky you, you just got it on time..

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    I suffer from Depression and have been dealing with it for years now, at first I thought it was part of growing up and dealing with life but now that I have seek treatmet I feel much better. I have always suspected that I had low test levels and in fact I do, so I do thing that my low test levels contribute with my depression.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Here is a list of things I personally dont know, and if I dont know them, you can bet your ass the media and the rest of the sheep dont know either

1. was he on testosterone ? if not, which derivative/s of testosterone?

2. what was his dose?

3. what was his autopsy report?

4. What other medications/drugs was the kid doing?

5. is it possible that this "innocent kid" was on drugs (like meth I dunno) that know one else suspected him of? painkillers perhaps? alcohol?

6. what else was going on in his life. psychological issues?

7. Billions of people have commited suicide. So, with that high of a number of suicides, you are going to need to present me with enough scientific data to plug up the grand canyon considering the overwhelming ratio of people who commit suicide vs the low frequency of steroid users

8. Trying to make steroids a scape goat, just lacks intelligence when you consider what alcohol has done to people, let alone cigarettes.

9. anyone who takes steroids under the age of 20. you really have to doubt their knowledge credibility.
    Last edited by IronReload04; 06-12-2008 at 09:50 PM.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Peducho0113 View Post
    Lucky you, you just got it on time..
    luck is when preparedness meets opportunity.

Thread Information