Hard.On is offline Senior Member

Accused cop tops in body building

Two Things
    1. Why is it even an issue that hes a body builder(other then the fact that they are trying to put the blame on AAS)

2. How stupid are these kids. I wish I could have watched them get punched out. I would not start a fight with this guy.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/toron.../128***16.html

420daytona is offline Junior Member
    the link is bad

TORONTO - A veteran Durham cop charged for allegedly beating up two teen boys outside a Whitby theatre on Super Bowl Sunday is a muscle-bound, longtime competitive bodybuilder.

Basil Odei, 41, has won numerous bodybuilding competitions as well as gold medals at three World Police and Fire Games. But on Feb. 9 the Whitby man, who has been on the force for more than 15 years, was arrested on assault charges.

After the arrest, Durham police issued a statement explaining the charges stemmed from an incident that allegedly occurred two days earlier outside the AMC theatre complex on Consumers Rd. while the officer was off-duty.

It’s alleged that Odei became involved in an argument with two teens as they waited for rides home after attending a Superbowl party at a nearby restaurant.

“He (the officer) allegedly punched one 16-year-old male and grabbed another 16-year-old male during the incident,” the press release said. “There were no serious injuries.”

Odei was arrested by officers from the Professional Standards Unit, charged with two counts of assault and then released from custody on a promise to appear in court, police said.

The accused officer was suspended from his duties pending the outcome of the charges, police said.

Since then, the Sun has learned of Odei’s exploits in dozens of bodybuilding competitions over the last two decades.

Neither Durham police nor Odei could be reached for comment over the weekend.

According to his online biography from three years ago, Odei stands a mere 5-foot-5. But he weighs an incredible 211 pounds when he’s competing and 228 pounds in the off season.

Odei began lifting weights at just 14 and two years later entered his first bodybuilding competition. He didn’t compete again until 1990 when he won first place as a junior heavyweight at the provincial level and a month later took second place at the nationals.

Odei has since placed in the top five on six occasions at the Canadian Nationals Bodybuilding Championships.

420daytona is offline Junior Member
    Well if you are a cop, your job is to uphold the laws. If you use steroids , that is breaking the law. So to me, if they can prove he used(which im sure he has) then they are right. I break simple laws like this everyday, so I'm not saying I'm a saint, but I'm not in law enforcement.

Also, there comes a point in your life where you become an adult and don't beat up juveniles because you can. I'm sure they probably deserved it but you have to be in uniform and have your badge and gun with you to be allowed to beat up kids. Then its all good.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    what a badass, beating up 2 16yo teenagers...

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Some 16 yr olds need to get their ass's kicked.

yea by other teenagers. working in public safety myself, that guy is a total db

Just to add..
    I live in toronto and am not far from where this occurence took place.
    Its full of little thug wanna be wangsta's and what not.
    I think its great that he roughed them up a bit.

If they get lippy with a guy like this,
    just think how they treat the rest of their elders.

How can you defend these punks\?

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    The Sun is a terrible newspaper, read The Star

FranciscoG is offline Anabolic Member
    Did he have his trie surgically removed?

Seriously where are his tries?

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    where are his forearms?

Biff77 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 420daytona View Post
    Well if you are a cop, your job is to uphold the laws. If you use steroids, that is breaking the law. So to me, if they can prove he used(which im sure he has) then they are right. I break simple laws like this everyday, so I'm not saying I'm a saint, but I'm not in law enforcement.
    Wow,, all my buddies wouldnt know were to get thier gear , thier weed, or thier coke ,, cuz they get it all from our other cop buddies....

Quote Originally Posted by Biff77 View Post
    Wow,, all my buddies wouldnt know were to get thier gear , thier weed, or thier coke ,, cuz they get it all from our other cop buddies....
    haha i know what you mean!

Biff77 is offline Junior Member
    "sorry kids yer not 21 and I have to confiscate this , yer lucky I dont give you a MIP or run you in .." lol lol roflmao

This is why my buddy has like 25 cases of beer at all times..

Thread Information