dedic8ed1 is offline Banned

How do I make a web page?

Anyone know how?I want to start a company on advanced diet advisment and am looking into begining a web site.

skeldno is offline Member
    pm m ur email addy mate i have finally started mine and getting there :-)

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    Done thanks

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    ^^^^ farking spammer

rec_rat is offline New Member
    <html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body>
    Webpage
    </body>
    </html>

lestat88 is offline Junior Member
    start > run > notepad

goto w3schools and learn html for starters, then maybe move to PHP and later on perl

lestat88 is offline Junior Member
    start > run > notepad

goto w3schools and learn html for starters, then maybe move to PHP and later on perl

AllAboutDan is offline New Member
    Else products like Microsoft Frontpage or Adobe (formaly Macromedia) Dreamweaver are nice GUI webpage designers.
    Hell if your really want Microsoft Word could make a webpage...a really really poor webpage lol

Techguy30 is offline Junior Member
    Another great tool that I use is Joomla, it is definately worth looking into. You can make some really nice pages with it.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ^^^interesting you mentioned Joomla.....just heard about it the other day. Why do you like it? pros and cons?

You can change a pages styling super fast with templates, it is a very intuitive. You do not have to learn a bunch of code to do your webpage, once its setup everything just flows great. Posting articles are easy, managing menu's, photo gallerys, forums the possibilities are endless. There are thousands of plugins and modules for joomla allowing you to do anything you want. It seems to be the way alot of webpage designers are going these days. If you use godaddy.com for hosting they will actually install it for you and hosting is super cheap. If you ever need any help with it I know a good bit about it, I manage 5 different websites for it. So far I do not have any cons for it and I have been using it for 3yrs. There are a few things to learn once you get advanced with it. Checkout rockettheme.com for an example of templates

thanks TechGuy....interesting ....does Joomla support smart phones? I read somewhere that it doesn't....

I hope you plan to hang around here....appreciate this info....

Do you mean viewing websites from a smartphone?? If soo yes it works great. I plan on staying around lol ive been reading for around a yr and 1/2 and just took the plunge into posting. I am around a computer all day at work (hints the name techguy lol) soo I might as well. If you want to check out a site on your smartphone that is made with joomla goto factorydirectpools.net, I created that one for a local business. Its not much but you can make a page similar to this one pretty easy.

thanks! this is what I am referring to...comparing Joomla and says it is not compatible with smart phones....and to tell you the truth I do not even know what in the heck I am talking about!

http://www.forum-software.org/forum-...s-joomla-forum

ps: glad you decided to join! hope you enjoy yourself around here...

What you are looking at in that article is if you want to start your own forum, for example you would be able to view the steroid .com main page but would not be able to post in the forum if it was made with joomla (on a smartphone). To fix that problem ( If you want to have your own forum) you would use joomla to create your page and use a different program for a forum. Im guessing you are not looking to create a forum though, soo joomla would work great for you. What kind of page are you looking at doing and I may be able to point you in a more clear direction.

thanks! I have been toying with a few ideas and the more I look into anything, the more I think I do not need one more thing to keep me glued to the computer! I appreciate your help.

I need to be cardio........more than anything.......

lol same here, when I am at home I never touch the computer. With my job It really burns you out on computers. Every now and then something makes it fun again but it has its ups and downs. The only problem is I hate cardio even worse than computers lol, but I gotta deal with both.

chumpster is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dedic8ed1 View Post
    Anyone know how?I want to start a company on advanced diet advisment and am looking into begining a web site.
    Lots of free blogs out there. You can look at hosting packages as well, godaddy, 1and1, etc... They offer easy click and build website apps, but you'll still need to be relatively computer savy to use those.

JBlue is offline New Member
    Have you considered buying a template and getting a developer to do it for you? I think it is better than learning to build a new website since time is an issue when starting a new business.

Thread Information