Thread: Lost a friend

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member

Lost a friend

Weird how the people who really need help don't say a word or threaten suicide...they just do it. One of my friends took his life recently. I wasn't terribly close to him but he was such a great guy. I can't stop thinking about how much it sucks that a good hearted person can end his life with so many sh*tty people out there.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    real sorry to hear that man.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    So sad to hear bro......

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    yeah man thats shit news really sad.....i was at a funeral the other week of a female friend who commited suicide, she was only 23......terrible waste of life!.....

Abominator is offline Banned
    Sorry to hear that bro.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    yah he was only 22. His gf took her life shortly before he did.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    ive lost a few people to suicide,,,,i have mixed feelings on it tho,,,i some times think that they were selfish and i dont have much sympathy because i cant relate, i would never take my life......and other times i think they must of been ill and i feel for them....

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Sorry to hear that Bro...22 is too young to die...my condolences to Family

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    I've got mixed feelings about suicide. Part of me thinks its selfish. That opinion is based on my life though and my brain chemistry.

There are people in situations that are worse than you can imagine. And when it doesn't seem to get better only worse is it really selfish for the person to seek an escape?

I had a friend commit suicide a couple months ago. He was in his 50's, tip top shape, and came off as a happy guy. But there were things going on behing the scene's. His son was in a bike accident and only functioning from the neck up. His wife left him and cheated on him several times. He had no money. He also had health problems. He dedicated his life to helping others (personal trainer). He was NOT selfish. I know its easy to sit back and say.. wow man how selfish he had a kid to look after. But can you HONESTLY put yourself in his shoes for years and make that same statement?

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    sorry to hear, i just read yesterday that the leading age of suicide was 15-23 yrs old. sorry again man

matt77 is offline Member
    Sorry to hear that for you bro!

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's a real shame when people get to a stage in their life that seems so unbearable that doing the unthinkable is the only option.

A lot of people live for themselves but some people live for others, so what happens to a person that loses his only reason for living.

Very sorry for your loss Zimmy.

FranciscoG is offline Anabolic Member
    Very sorry for your loss. It is terrible when people give up.

slimy is offline Associate Member
    Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Very sorry for your loss.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    It's a real shame when people get to a stage in their life that seems so unbearable that doing the unthinkable is the only option.

A lot of people live for themselves but some people live for others, so what happens to a person that loses his only reason for living.

Very sorry for your loss Zimmy.
    Somes it up perfectly. Im very sorry for your loss zimmy

Suicide is a subject close to home. I personally was caught in the middle of trying to commit suicide. Everybody has a breaking point, I know some view it as a selfish act but it sometimes feels like the only solution. we can all say that we would do this and that but we never know until we are faced with this situation ourself. I think people don't talk about it because they feel ashamed and weak, but should they feel like this?

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaNiCC View Post
    Somes it up perfectly. Im very sorry for your loss zimmy

Suicide is a subject close to home. I personally was caught in the middle of trying to commit suicide. Everybody has a breaking point, I know some view it as a selfish act but it sometimes feels like the only solution. we can all say that we would do this and that but we never know until we are faced with this situation ourself. I think people don't talk about it because they feel ashamed and weak, but should they feel like this?
    Im certain thats why people dont talk about it, and it probably takes more courage than anyone knows to even tell people stuff like that. I learned a long time ago that EVERYTHING in life is situational, and while people have a spare opinion for just about everything, unless you have been in a situation, no1 can say how they would react to something.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Im certain thats why people dont talk about it, and it probably takes more courage than anyone knows to even tell people stuff like that. I learned a long time ago that EVERYTHING in life is situational, and while people have a spare opinion for just about everything, unless you have been in a situation, no1 can say how they would react to something.
    Looks like we share the same opinions on this subject

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Like they say, when people attempt suicide its a cry for help. When people really want to kill themselves they do.

Sorry for the loss.

Thread Information