Thread: The Beatles.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

The Beatles.

What is it about the Beatles that draws people in ? I am only 30 (just turned) so i certainly didn't grow up with the Beatles. My musical taste has a very wide spectrum from Frank Sanatra to Jimi hendrix to Linkin Park to Billy Joel/Elton John to Tupac / Emiem. So you can see i am all over the place when it comes to music but i also love the Beatles. How after so many changes in music do the Beatles still manage to stay relevant?

toothache is offline Senior Member
    Love The Beatles....timeless music.

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    I was obsessed with them since age of 12....

Though...i prefer their early years as opposed to later. But...Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band....my fav!

Blog Entries
    I was so happy when they came to itunes but now i just have to chill because i am downloading everything ! lol

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    It's one of those things that defies explanation. Can you imagine throngs of young women mobbing the hotel the beatles stayed at and ripping up all the grass they stepped on? or taking the linen they slept on and ripping it up, selling each square inch for money? If you think the Beatles were only about music, you totally missed the point. I was old enough to appreciate the later Beatles, but one should consider that millions and millions of people around the world, and a good percentage here in the USA, that absolutely would have given a finger just to talk to Paul, and to a lesser extent, John. The Fab 4 were on the same level as a Michael Jackson with respect to facial recognition anywhere in the world they went. There music was played in practically every country that listened to the radio. I think it was John that once said they were more famous, more popular than even Jesus, and I would have to agree with him.

Back then, the Beatles were everywhere. Even today, they still even have one of the most loyal fan base today. The Beatles defined our youth, defined our experience, and defined our era.

No other band has ever done that, and never will.

And unless you lived through it, really have no idea.

if you want to get an idea, watch the movie "I wanna hold your hand" and you will have an inclining how desperate these people were just to have been in the same room, different time, as the beatles. It's a dumb movie, but it gives you an idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    if you want to get an idea, watch the movie "I wanna hold your hand" and you will have an inclining how desperate these people were just to have been in the same room, different time, as the beatles. It's a dumb movie, but it gives you an idea.
    Ill give it a watch.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    The Beatles are a direct or indirect influence of all modern pop/rock regardless of whether any bands/musicians even listened to them. They actually have affected more than just pop/rock. A lot of the effects used in all kinds of music were actually invented by the Beatles and others involved in the production of Beatles albums in the studio. The Beatles set new standards to music as well as breaking many barriers that bands since can't even come close to. Honestly though, they're just great songs. For me you really can't play their stuff out, I used to be obsessed with them and listen to nothing but them, however, that tapered off, but if I hear a Beatles song somewhere it never ceases to move me. If it was any other band or song I'd usually be sick of it, but never with the Beatles. As someone said before they are timeless!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Great thread!

I am a huge Beatles fan. I have John Lennon's self portrait (you all know the one) tattooed on my forearm and have since I was 19.

I grew up on them in a very musical family. I play guitar, and was out doing little gigs of Beatles cover music before I was old enough to get into bars.

The reason something like the Beatles only comes around once is because it was just the perfect timing - America was ready for a change, the war, people were starting to think for themselves and reject the uptight morals of the 50's... and the Beatles became that voice. It was just what the people were waiting for.

That is not at all to take away from their musical credibility. They are nothing short of genius. You can talk to me about Simon and Garfunkle, or CSN&Y, etc. but NEVER were there 2 vocalists who complimented eachother more then Lennon and McCartney, and not just in tone either. Lennon with his raw and raspy vocal was a perfect compliment to Paul's sweet melodic tone. John was the introvert - very personal and deep. Paul was the extrovert, often telling stories of others. Again, perfect compliment. Shit, just the fact that John was right handed and Paul left handed which allowed them to stand side by side and share the mic without banging their instruments together...

LOVE the Beatles. When people ask me my top favorite bands, I tell them Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Rush, (old) Metallica, and Iron Maiden. Why don't I mention the Beatles? Because they are in their own stratosphere. They are gods above the rest, and have their own place.

Alphatier is offline Member
    I LOVE the Beatles.

One of the reasons why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9s1I1TZqJg

They are still popular because they actually made MUSIC. Today's tunes SUCK, I despise the whole industry. It went from being creative and artistic to a money making empire.

Anyways, the Beatles just knew how to make a song that appeals to the masses while remaining true to themselves.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    quality music...i can jam to some lsd

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    not a big fan of them dont own 1 song. only came in this thread cause i saw jbm replied. in my heart i knew it would be a hottie

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    not a big fan of The Beatles but i love the monkeys

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Never been a fan and I've never understood the appeal. But like earlier stated, they've had a huge impact on music and the industry as a hole. Even R&B artists claim the Beatles as an influence on their music (Music Soulchild, Micheal Jackson, Prince, John Legend, Donny Hathaway, etc.). Even though I'm not a fan, I give them much respect.

fishizzle0927 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    way better than beatles mambo jambo!!!!

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Now that this thread just got ruined......great contribution!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    Now that this thread just got ruined......great contribution!!!
    it's only a matter of time on any thread here in the lounge....

darn those guys always posting scantily clad hot babes.... double darn!

the other remarkable thing about the Beatles no one has touched on is the way their music evolved.... remember love me do? or i wanna hold your hand? their early stuff closely parralled our youthful naitivity as a society, then came the drugs, and the Beatles became more psychidelic. As the Beatles lost their innocence, so did society.... until you hear the rough sounds like revolution and helter skelter.....

it was an amazing experience

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    the Beatles are legendary!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    the other remarkable thing about the Beatles no one has touched on is the way their music evolved.... remember love me do? or i wanna hold your hand? their early stuff closely parralled our youthful naitivity as a society, then came the drugs, and the Beatles became more psychidelic. As the Beatles lost their innocence, so did society.... until you hear the rough sounds like revolution and helter skelter.....

hell yeah..... yellow submarine LMAO

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

Great observation, and truth!

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Just got through listening to the beatles "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and my how the lyrics have changed over the years to I Want To Fvck You Up and I want To Bang That Azz.

Thread Information