DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member

San Dieago, LV and LA

Howya all,

I am hitting America in the last two weeks of July, give something to do And who is the best company to rent cars off of?

Damien.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
    Howya all,

I am hitting America in the last two weeks of July, give something to do And who is the best company to rent cars off of?

Damien.
    Sound like u´re flying in to LA?

When I do, I make my way to Budget in Beverly Hills, on Wilshire blvd.
    They have a great selection of exotic cars, and I always ask the manager for whatever he can give me a good deal on.

Last time, I got the new Corvette Conv. for $1000/week. Before that, I rented the MB Suv. for less, Can´t remember how much.

They got the new Camaro, and Challenger, or the SL65 AMG and Lambo...whatever fits your age and wallet.

DCI
    Lol, where not millionaires where coming from Ireland the worst most indebted country :P Nah where flying into Chicago then an internal flight to SD. I'll try the Irish charm offensive see if we can it at a descent price.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I call around and negotiate and then get a AAA discount too on top of it. Sometimes the phone prices are cheaper than online.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 07-03-2011 at 10:15 PM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

DCI
    Cheers thanks for that. Any ideas of what to do in SD?

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Cheers thanks for that. Any ideas of what to do in SD?
    How old are you?
    San Diego = downtown hit Fluxx, Stingaree, and altitude (think thats the name, 22nd floor af Marriott hotel). If you are a little younger (in 20's), go to pacific beach. Tons of bars there and younger college girls all day every day of the week. Your accent will take you far there. I can tell you more places depends on what you like. Pacific beach is a good beach to go to but I prefer Mission Beach. GO to Mission beach and hit the Wave House. You can practice surfing and boogie boarding on the indoor wave. They have two. And a hot tub to sit in while you wait. It will be easy to pick up girls with the accent plus "I'm from out of the country, maybe if you and your friends are going out later we can meet up."
    North of San Diego about 2 hours is a place called Dana Point. Rent Jet skis there for two hours and you go out into the ocean and have a blast. Jet skis in the ocean there is the sickest. Last time I went dolphins swarmed us and were trying to race us (NO JOKE, literally tried to race us, egged us on and everything). Waves in the ocean let you catch big air and you can follow boats and hit their wake. There are other places to go jet skiing closer but by far that is worth the drive. If I was down there we could meet up. I'm taking summer school up north in San Jose though. I even know an Irish guy at Hertz who would hook you up.

Even more north is Pismo Beach where you can rent ATV's and that's a blast too.

LA there is tons of clubs but I hate LA so I have little experience.

Vegas is easy. Clubs = TAO, Hard Rock (table service there cuz easy girls), Jet is cool too.

DCI
    Epic post Twist, I'm 23 so anything will be good fun Thanks for all that info it's brilliant. We will be renting a car over there. I drive for a living so 2hr aint far.

I like your style on the boogie boarding

I surf but dude wave house is sick. At night there are some crazy ass dudes there. Doing flips and shit. Girls too. Plenty of food in the area on mission beach. I recommend going early (like 12) after lunch, renting some stuff at the wave house (which is also a restaurant/outside bar), staking a claim on a fire pit (south on the beach like 30 second walk), surfing/drinking and eating all day, at night start a huge bonfire till like 10. After 10-11 go hit Pacific Beach bars and pick up girls (PB is 10 minutes from the wavehouse in mission beach). Hard rock and altitude are average.

By far my favorite thing to do is Jet Ski and it is essential to do it in the ocean. If you haven't done it before or you have but on a lake without waves its a must. Call and reserve Jet Skis early. Here's the sitehttp://www.danapointjetski.com/

Next morning wake up at like 11. Eat breakfast in Encinitas (on the way to Dana Point, 30 minutes tops from mission beach) at a place called Naked Cafe or another place that I can't remember the name of but can find out if you want. All natural healthy food and it is so good. Quinoa and eggs omelet with spinach and sausage etc. ****ing bomb. Then Continue the drive up to Dana Point. Rent a Jet ski for two hours. DON'T FORGET TO RENT WETSUITS. Trust me on that one. Have a blast then go eat Sushi down the street after. Drive back to San Diego and hit the clubs at night. Fluxx is my favorite but kinda small. Stingaree is fun cuz of multiple floors.

Here's the wave house too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUpksILkZ_U

When you coming down. Don't come in June cuz the weather is gloomy

DCI
    Wow that's seriously good info there man. Thanks for the info. All sounds pretty cool. I've never tried surfing etc so will def have a go off that. We are going in the last two weeks of july.

All I care about in Clubs in the music and once the drink aint too pricey I'm a happy camper

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    damn i wish i knew all this. i was in southern cali last month. i went to dana beach but didnt know about all of this

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    damn i wish i knew all this. i was in southern cali last month. i went to dana beach but didnt know about all of this
    Should have made a thread about it

DCI
    Gixxerboy amateur mistake how embarassing

Gixxerboy amateur mistake how embarassing
    yea but i found a little whole in the wall bar near irvine with a hot russian bartender

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    yea but i found a little whole in the wall bar near irvine with a hot russian bartender
    What was the name?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2 View Post
    What was the name?
    something like the side door or front door. i can check my navigation later and get the address

something like the side door or front door. i can check my navigation later and get the address
    No, the bartender.

Lol, where not millionaires where coming from Ireland the worst most indebted country :P Nah where flying into Chicago then an internal flight to SD. I'll try the Irish charm offensive see if we can it at a descent price.
    Haha...
    Make your way over to Tijuana, watch the Donkey show, then hop on the bus for Cabo san Lucas for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    No, the bartender.
    Anyia

DCI
    Nice work on the bartender

Nice work on the bartender
    she's russian. she is powerless to me

DCI
    All eastern Europeans love the Irish accent esp if you got a abit of the lingo they go weak

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Lol yeah ive been there most of the waitresses are amazing...

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Damn, that is one gorgeous Bolshevik.
    ***No source checks!!!***

DCI
    Anyone else have any info?

DCI
    Bump it up, I'm over there in two weeks if anyone want's to meet up and show us around let us know

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    I have live in all three spots. San diego is the best if you young and love the ocean. If you want to see real waves check the surf report and if it is a south swell catch the action at the wedge in newport. However do not go in the water Huge shure pound. Some great body boaders and body surfers and the worlds bes skim boarding. If in LA you of cours must visit the MECA of Muscel Beach not what it once was but still worth a go. You can work out there too. Vegas is vegas. I am to dam old to have much fun just ssit around and play poker but lots to day. Give the indor sky dive a try and if you have the $$$ the zip line in bounder city is the best.

DCI
    Great info thanks for that man anyone else have anywhere else to go to?

DCI
    Bump it up, I'll be leaving for the US of A on Sunday anyone have any ideas where to train and good clubs

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    How old are you?
    San Diego = downtown hit Fluxx, Stingaree, and altitude (think thats the name, 22nd floor af Marriott hotel). If you are a little younger (in 20's), go to pacific beach. Tons of bars there and younger college girls all day every day of the week. Your accent will take you far there. I can tell you more places depends on what you like. Pacific beach is a good beach to go to but I prefer Mission Beach. GO to Mission beach and hit the Wave House. You can practice surfing and boogie boarding on the indoor wave. They have two. And a hot tub to sit in while you wait. It will be easy to pick up girls with the accent plus "I'm from out of the country, maybe if you and your friends are going out later we can meet up."
    North of San Diego about 2 hours is a place called Dana Point. Rent Jet skis there for two hours and you go out into the ocean and have a blast. Jet skis in the ocean there is the sickest. Last time I went dolphins swarmed us and were trying to race us (NO JOKE, literally tried to race us, egged us on and everything). Waves in the ocean let you catch big air and you can follow boats and hit their wake. There are other places to go jet skiing closer but by far that is worth the drive. If I was down there we could meet up. I'm taking summer school up north in San Jose though. I even know an Irish guy at Hertz who would hook you up.

Even more north is Pismo Beach where you can rent ATV's and that's a blast too.

LA there is tons of clubs but I hate LA so I have little experience.

Vegas is easy. Clubs = TAO, Hard Rock (table service there cuz easy girls), Jet is cool too.
    you live in so cal twist?

Quote Originally Posted by brad1986 View Post
    you live in so cal twist?
    I'm all over CA right now. I would say I live there though. Right now working in SF and going to school in San Jose

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    nice im from sac town raised all my life but now im living in pismo area.... No where better then cal imo

DCI
    Back from the US of A have to say was a great trip. I liked LV and SD but San fran and LA aren't really places I would want to go back to again. LV was class stayed in the Mandalay bay unreal hotel. Women in America are hot but it goes from one extreme to the other though haha. Also in San Diego does everyone get a free tattoo lol Have to say SD was the most relaxed and easy going place we where at.

We got a new V6 Mustang from the Rental company was fast and nice to drive for American kinda roads wouldn't work in Europe at all.
    Last edited by DCI; 08-01-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Thread Information