Thread: Hedge Funds

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Hedge Funds

So I am going to be getting my degree in the next few months in Political Science and Business Administration. One of my buddies recently got a job at a hedge fund firm, and what he told me and what I liked is they give him a set/base salary to start, and if the entire firm does well they get yearly bonuses. Now I have an internship lined up with investment firm but from what I was told it is all based off commissions and you have to do a lot of cold calling (which I would hate!). So is there anyone on here with advice on how I could approach to getting a job at a hedge fund? They are super competitive and hard to get a job at.

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Edit.
    Last edited by xelnaga; 02-24-2012 at 10:53 PM.

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Umm.. no?

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    So are you required to do this internship at the investment firm? It sounds somewhat far from hedge funding; and your right there is really nothing worse than cold calling... unless this guarantees you a hedge fund position. You could start with trading the futures, Forex, Options and other financial derivatives; and even mutual funds(barf) to establish credibility with an investment firm. If you are confident in trading your own money (or your families) then it's not far off to a hedge fund at some corporation.

Thread Information