A strange thing happened at the gym yesterday...

42 y/o
    6'2"
    233 lbs
    10.5% bf

The underlying facts:

I am in the fourth week of my first cycle , 500mg of TestE split into two pins of 250mg mon/thurs.
    I feel absolutely no different physically...but that's not the point, read on.
    My sex drive, which was very high without Test is unchanged, again, not the point.
    No breakouts, anger/aggression issues that I didn't already have and my appetite is unchanged.

Now having listed all that you may think I'm about to start piss moaning about bunk gear, but that's not the case.

Yesterday, I went to the gym for my usual Friday workout and realized immediately something was different. After 15 mins of intense stretching and 30 mins on an eliptical to get loose and sweaty, I headed straight over to the bench, racked my usual 5x5 weight, laid down on the bench and damn near threw the weight through the roof. I swear it felt like a bare bar. 50 lbs more on my bench workout weight. I really felt charged after that, hopped over to incline press and the same thing. Regular weight felt like nothing, added 30lb to that. I could list out all my stations and the increases but they range from 12-23.5%. The recovery time between sets was nothing. I'd come up from a set, muscles on fire and thirty seconds later I was ready to go again. I worked out twice as long, at a rate that I haven't been able to maintain in years.

This morning I woke up in great fear of the agony I was sure to feel and was shocked. I'm just a little tight, not even sore. I good hot shower loosened me right up and I have a strong desire to return to the gym and have at it again. Today is a scheduled rest day and I'm going to try to honor that, I know I need to rest and recover.

Now it's my opinion that the TestE kicked in sometime between my Thursday morning pin and my Friday workout, and I was wondering if this is a normal response to a TestE cycle. As I said, I don't feel different mood wise or sex drive wise, I do seem to be wanting to go to the gym a little more than normal, but I believe everyone would want to go back after a huge jump forward the day before.

So share with me your onset experiences. I'm curious how my experience measures with others.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Enjoy the ride Bro

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Like I said in the other thread. You will continue to get stronger and leaner if diet is on. Good luck and keep up the good work sir

Quote Originally Posted by AXx View Post
    Like I said in the other thread. You will continue to get stronger and leaner if diet is on. Good luck and keep up the good work sir
    Thanks for slipping back in, guess I threw that up in the wrong forum.

As for diet, it's tight as I can get it. I'm on a bulking diet right now so I'm a little heavier on protein than usual, but I'd call it 45/35/20 +/- a percent here and there. 5 meals a day and a load of supps that makes the GNC guy grin everytime he sees me. Hopefully things will continue just like this for awhile.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Your stats are amazing now. Just wait. You will be a monster.
    I have to ask because I want you to get the most out of this.
    What is your TDEE And how many cals are you eating a day? I might add another meal or 2.

TDEE 4700
    Cal/d 5000

I'm still monkeying with this as its my first go round and my primary objectives are to rebuild my upperbody without bloating up like a water balloon. I know the math says I need to be eating a bit more, perhaps 5-700 more proper calories, but I'd rather go easy on the feed this go round and watch my BF% like a hawk, get it checked once a week now, for a sudden dive. Everytime I've ever gone below 9.5% I've ended up feeling awful. Weak, tired and a general waste of carbon, so I figured it would be easier to add food than suddenly take food away.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Yeah. I gotta tell you I would bump the cals up at least 500 to start.. You want to grow.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Jesus I would look like jabba the fkn hut on 5000 cals...good for you man!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Jesus I would look like jabba the fkn hut on 5000 cals...good for you man!
    If I didn't work out like a madman, I'd look like Jabba's fat sister Bajja the House.

Thread Information