Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slfmade

Thread: Boats and PWC

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Boats and PWC

Who here is an owner of a Boat or PWC?
    Do you have your boaters registration card?
    Does your state require one? Most do

What a bunch of crap. Just another way to regulate everyone IMO.
    Yeah it's not a bad idea to take some kind of course for most people because there are a LOT of idiots out there but DAMN!!!!

I got my license 5 years ago although I was not required to at the time. I was able to opt out of the online course and just take the test. Passed 1st time.

My daughter got hers 3 years ago and it had changed a lot. No opt out choice so you had to do the online course that took about 2 1/2 hrs or more.

My wife is doing it this year and at the minimum its a 7hr online course. Personally I think it's closer to 10hrs+

The cops are really bad here and out in force at the docks every sunny day handing out tickets left and right. They even tried to give me a bad time becuse I dont have the proper spacing between my state and numbers on the PWC Hull on my 2. I told them they are factory, from the dealer this way and they were.

What do you think about the boater registration online course and license?

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn what state is that? No need for any of that here just license it and use it.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    Damn what state is that? No need for any of that here just license it and use it.
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    Wa State
    Boat Washington Course Study Guide Washington Boating License Study Guide for Online Boating Safety Course

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Same here
    Are you sure? In the United States, 45 states have educational requirements for operating a boat or PWC on state waters
    Check here.
    Boat Ed - Boating Safety Course and Exam - Official Boat License and Boater Safety Test

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Have 2 PWC's and the state only requires kids under 18 to take a safety course online. It's actually a good course that covers all the laws on the water, buoy markers and safety. If you take it as an adult some insurance companies will off a small discount.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Are you sure? In the United States, 45 states have educational requirements for operating a boat or PWC on state waters
    Check here.
    Boat Ed - Boating Safety Course and Exam - Official Boat License and Boater Safety Test
    Yep, as long as you're over 15 yrs old, you don't have to have one. I just checked

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Have 2 PWC's and the state only requires kids under 18 to take a safety course online. It's actually a good course that covers all the laws on the water, buoy markers and safety. If you take it as an adult some insurance companies will off a small discount.
    Why? Are they gangsters? Poor discounts!

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Why? Are they gangsters? Poor discounts!
    *offer*

With the money they steal from you it would make you think so lol.

Yep, as long as you're over 15 yrs old, you don't have to have one. I just checked
    Want to bet that will change in the next few years?

When I got mine it was not required, YET. I saw the writing on the wall. My wife started hers last year but didint finish. To bad, it was at least 2 hrs shorter then.

This year if you are 50 or younger it's required. When I took it 5 years ago it was 35 and younger?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Insurance is a must for toys like this. Besides if you get in an accident (I never have) it covers them if they get stolen.

I had an OLD Kaw 650 hull only get stolen LONG time ago. I bet they were pissed when they discovered it had no engine or any other internals and the hull was cracked. lol After that I have always had insurance and it has more than paid for itself since I have had my ATVs stolen 2x. 2 the first time, 3 the second time.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-02-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Want to bet that will change in the next few years?

When I got mine it was not required, YET. I saw the writing on the wall. My wife started hers last year but didint finish. To bad, it was at least 2 hrs shorter then.

This year if you are 50 or younger it's required. When I took it 5 years ago it was 35 and younger?
    We're so backwoods here that politicians still sign there name with their mark cause nobody ever learnt them to read or rite. LOL I don't see it happening anytime soon. But you're more than welcome to be the first to say you told me so when it does. hahaha
    lovbyts likes this.

Thread Information