Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk

Thread: Anybody here on Dr perscribed test and willing to talk about their insurance?

evander87 is offline Senior Member

Anybody here on Dr perscribed test and willing to talk about their insurance?

Have questions that need to be addressed in pm if you're willing to talk please post up or pm me
    Thank you.

Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Ill answer best I can. Headed into the gym right now, I'll check back in an hour or so.

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Sure my insurance just started paying for my trt so I switched from lowt to my md.

Pm's sent

Thanks.

Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.

Pm sent. If you have anymore questions let me know.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm on it, let's talk here!!

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Questions asked could benefit many members. Would be ideal to discuss this in the open forum.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Questions asked could benefit many members. Would be ideal to discuss this in the open forum.
    PM sent but I have to agree. Cant see any harm since it's insurance/RX talk.

My questions have to do with pricing and such and I know price talks are verboten in open forum.

I want to know if your insurance covers trt? My HMo does not so i buy my test from a UGL. I'm switching jobs and going to buy ACA insurance for myself and I'm wondering if going legit, with my trt, is right for me financially speaking of course. And if ACA insurance would even cover trt?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    great questions evander. i have my own insurance as well, bluecross blueshield of texas, and i have been wondering some of the same things. i have not been to a doctor in over 3 years. looking for a general doctor to go in for a physical, but i want to get blood work done as well to check everything from hormones to electrolyte functions.

Price talk with ugl is probiden but not rx.

Mine cost $5 for 5ml. 200mg/ml per month or through costco $5 for 10ml. 200mg/ml every two months
    evander87 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Price talk with ugl is probiden but not rx.

Mine cost $5 for 5ml. 200mg/ml per month or through costco $5 for 10ml. 200mg/ml every two months
    What's you prescribed dosage lovbyts? Would that be 250mg per week?

Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post

What's you prescribed dosage lovbyts? Would that be 250mg per week?
    LoL no that would be a cycle. About 150mg. Most people who have their trt dialed in are around 100mg up to maybe 200mg max but that's rare. Most everyone I have known who thought they needed more had issues after about a year and had to cut way back.

LoL no that would be a cycle. About 150mg. Most people who have their trt dialed in are around 100mg up to maybe 200mg max but that's rare. Most everyone I have known who thought they needed more had issues after about a year and had to cut way back.
    I'm on 200 per week and my last labs on shot day came back at 581 total, e2 at 21, and 10.8 free T.

Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post
    I'm on 200 per week and my last labs on shot day came back at 581 total, e2 at 21, and 10.8 free T.
    What supplements are you taking? You also doing HCG ?

Like I said 200 is normally the max and higher T levels are not always better. Those who tried to keep them around 1000 or higher eventually had to come way down for a long time to normalize things. There are also exceptions to every rule.

Like I said 200 is normally the max and higher T levels are not always better. Those who tried to keep them around 1000 or higher eventually had to come way down for a long time to normalize things. There are also exceptions to every rule.
    No HCG, used it for a while early on, but with no note able difference with or without. I'm doing really well on my current protocol. This has my total T near double my starting levels and free T is a little more than double. Been on this protocol about 2 years now and feel no need to change anything.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have only been on it for a couple of years but with blue cross blue shield my androgel runs $35 a month.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    For me, Kaiser doesn't call it TRT.

They just prescribe the testosterone and call it a day, with semi regular blood work when I bug em for it

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    You really need to look at the insurance companies policies to see if it is covered or not. If it is covered then you can see what tier level they place the test on. Can be level 1,2 or 3. That will let you know what your co-pay will be. I had one company that didn't cover injectables at all. The other covered just a one months supply of test for a co-pay. Found it cheaper to just buy the 10 CC 200 MG/mL bottle. It cost between 50-80 bucks a bottle depending on what pharmacy I go to. And I never have to worry about getting under dosed gear or PIP from gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    For me, Kaiser doesn't call it TRT.

They just prescribe the testosterone and call it a day, with semi regular blood work when I bug em for it
    Excellent to know. Kaiser is one insurance I'm looking at. I wonder if there is a difference between PPO and HMO in testosterone prescriptions?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post
    My questions have to do with pricing and such and I know price talks are verboten in open forum.

I want to know if your insurance covers trt? My HMo does not so i buy my test from a UGL. I'm switching jobs and going to buy ACA insurance for myself and I'm wondering if going legit, with my trt, is right for me financially speaking of course. And if ACA insurance would even cover trt?
    Many HMOs will not cover TRT as it is considered (incorrectly IMO) as "cosmetic" and nonessential. Those of us who have had low T below 200 know just how ESSENTIAL is IS.

Some PPOs will cover the expenses - partial or full - depending on the underwriter.

In California, fee for service rates vary from $250-$600 which usually includes 4 treatments and one lab analysis.
    evander87 likes this.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post

I have a coupon for test. I photo copied it and keep using the same one. Its for 43 bucks for 10ml bottle

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

200 a week for me def messes me up. RBC, Estro, Lipids and staying faithful lol

Thread Information