Thread: Best Coaches

Tricepticon is offline New Member

Best Coaches

I'm looking to get a badass coach who doesn't charge $4000 like Hany R. I'm 19 and feel like I may have the genetics to possibly make it in men's physique or bodybuilding. If not at least I'll have a sick physique. Anyways, what coaches would u recommend that actually scrutinize and build a bond with they're clients. Also, no strength coaches. Of course you build off progression but I'm strictly doing this for cosmetics, to be honest.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Bg
    hoggage
    Marcus
    austinite
    me
    GirlyGymRat
    backinblack
    hazard
    Honkey Kong
    kelkel

Just to name few

Just send us money thru PayPal

Grymreefer is offline Associate Member
    I did not know this option was available....Do prices vary between person?

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Have you been to a local show? See who has guys you want to look like and how well they do then ask them who their coaches are.

Eat meticulous, train ridiculous for best results.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grymreefer View Post
    I did not know this option was available....Do prices vary between person?
    if you truly are serious about the lifestyle and the career, your absolute best bet is to educate yourself instead of hiring someone to spoon feed you their opinion. Problem with being spoon fed is when you lose your trainer, then you need to be spoon fed by someone else.

Approach this issue systematically

Resolve to spend two hours a day reading and learning. A great starting point is this bulletin board.

Read all the stickies in the training section. Then write down the best training schedule you think you can handle. Then spend a week searching/watching/bookmarking all the various training videos you can find on the net, paying special attention to perfect form. Then emulate that in the gym. Don't get lazy and stick with the same routines week in and week out. Regularly vary your routines so your muscles cannot adapt easily.

Now do the same with nutrition. Read all you can in the nutrition section starting with all the sticikies. Calculate your TDEE, and develop a nutrition plan. Post your plan and let us critique it. Learn what to eat and what not to eat. Learn about whole foods vs. supplements, which you need and which are BS. Develop a discipline and a mind set that understands it will be years before you get the big pay off in gains. Learn to be patient, and not reach out for steroids the first time you hit the wall. learn not to listen to your ignorant buddies, nor the big guy in the gym that may be where he is at more due to genetics than due to hard effort and proper training. But a set of body fat calipers and track the changes in your bodyfat percentage.

if you do all this, and spend the years, then no need for someone to wet nurse you, until you are at a fairly advanced level and need someone to bounce ideas off of. There are not too many here that have been at it a long time that don't have at least a foundational knowledge/skill set of what needs to be done.

I guess, it's the difference between being a follower and being a leader. Which are you?

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    TR makes some good points but every Olympia athlete has coaches. My roommate is a trainer and competitor and while she can show prep others she needs the coach as well. Someone has to critique your posing. And even if you have the knowledge on diet and exercise there will come a time during prep, low carb brain fog, tired, etc that you freak out and want to drastically change your program a coach will help keep you on course.

TR is right about this being a lifestyle. You need to know how to eat and train for fitness goals but when it comes to actually prepping for a show especially a first one you need a coach. Sure you can see posing routines and men's physique is very basic there are nuances to a pose that only a real life coach will help you bring out. OP you don't need "the best" you just need a good local coach that will show you the ropes for your first local show.

Grymreefer is offline Associate Member
    Thanks. I have always been skeptical of hiring a PT. I enjoy the excitement of researching things on my own though I do need help every now and then which is why I joined this board. It is sad, but I would really hire a personal trainer just for motivation. Someone to tell me one more rep, but that is an absolute waste of money. My last gym I was at luckily I got along with someone and when we happen to see each other that day at the gym we would work out together. Those were the best workout days I had. However with my life I constantly move and it seems sometimes that a spoon to feed me is very much something I would consider.

I'm in a weird stage in my life. I currently have very little friends close to me. I cut off all my friends who used drugs as to better myself and as a result I'm having a hard time finding things in common with others because I spent so much of my life just being a waste of youth.

Thread Information