Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hoggage_54
  • 2 Post By calgarian

Thread: Gyms in the UAE - Dubai?

uhit is offline Member

Gyms in the UAE - Dubai?

Anyone know some good gyms in the UAE? Specifically in Dubai. I lived there for a few years back in my teen years, before lifting and going to be visiting some old friends for 2-3 months (have to fly out to qatar for like a day to renew visa or something every month). My friends don't share my passion for lifting so they don't go to gyms so asking them didn't get me much.

Can be a hardcore gym, or a commercial. As long as it is one with all the basic facilities that I can use to get good workouts in and maintain/gain for the time I am there.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    RaginCajun likes this.

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    Expected Hoggage meme has been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by uhit View Post
    Expected Hoggage meme has been posted.
    I've been waiting to use this one for a while now.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    I've been waiting to use this one for a while now.
    You do know that , it is Sikh not Muslim Einstein.
    Euroholic and wmaousley like this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    Yup i lernt that from watching cricket!!!!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

uhit is offline Member
    This turned into a meme thread quicker than I would've hoped.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by uhit
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Anyone know some good gyms in the UAE? Specifically in Dubai. I lived there for a few years back in my teen years, before lifting and going to be visiting some old friends for 2-3 months (have to fly out to qatar for like a day to renew visa or something every month). My friends don't share my passion for lifting so they don't go to gyms so asking them didn't get me much.

Can be a hardcore gym, or a commercial. As long as it is one with all the basic facilities that I can use to get good workouts in and maintain/gain for the time I am there.
    Hey dude, which area will you be staying in Dubai? JBR, Marina, JLT, Barsha, Ranches, Media City, Palm, Diera etc. This will determine which gym I recommend.

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    Hey dude, which area will you be staying in Dubai? JBR, Marina, JLT, Barsha, Ranches, Media City, Palm, Diera etc. This will determine which gym I recommend.
    Marina, closer to the JBR side.

Marina, closer to the JBR side.
    Here ya go

1. Fitness First
    2. Fitness 360
    3. Tribefit
    4. Engine Health & Fitness
    5. Platform 3
    6. Symetry
    7. Golds Gym
    8. U Concepts

and these aren't in any particular order of greatness. All are equally good and the right gym will depend on what type of training you are looking for.

uhit is offline Member
    Here ya go

1. Fitness First
    2. Fitness 360
    3. Tribefit
    5. Platform 3
    6. Symetry
    7. Golds Gym
    8. U Concepts

and these aren't in any particular order of greatness. All are equally good and the right gym will depend on what type of training you are looking for.
    Thanks alot.

Whats your opinion on the warehouse gym near the Mall of Emirates. It's supposedly meant to be a top notch place

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Here ya go

1. Fitness First
    2. Fitness 360
    3. Tribefit
    5. Platform 3
    6. Symetry
    7. Golds Gym
    8. U Concepts

How much do gym memberships cost out there anyways? I imagine that due to the oil money out there, things cost a lot.

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    How much do gym memberships cost out there anyways? I imagine that due to the oil money out there, things cost a lot.
    I remember when I was 14 it would cost nearly double what it does in england. Partly the reason I never lifted that early. But that was fitness first which was the only gym I tried because it was literally outside my house. Now fast forward 9 years things seem the same. Checked a few websites and with the exchange rate being weaker than back then, it costs slightly more

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Uhit, when I worked there I saw a gym on nearly every corner in the Upper class sides of the city.
    You won't have an issue finding something there. Although your friends might not share your passion but they'll know where to find a gym for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    The picture said it, not me, so speak to the picture.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    The picture said it, not me, so speak to the picture.
    Arrogant bastard....who posted the picture.

Thanks alot.

Whats your opinion on the warehouse gym near the Mall of Emirates. It's supposedly meant to be a top notch place

Never been there and if you are close to JBR/Marina why do you wanna go all the way to MOE in Barsha. Try Tribefit and Symmetry.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Actually Dubai and the whole of the UAE are not Oil rich like people think, The UAE has less oil than any of the Gulf countries. Dubai's economy is driven by tourism.

Gym memberships are a bit more that the average US price, but not so much that you will shlt yourself. I spend 5k well more like $4800 per year in Kuwait for a family gym membership in Kuwait. Dubai would be about $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley
    Actually Dubai and the whole of the UAE are not Oil rich like people think, The UAE has less oil than any of the Gulf countries. Dubai's economy is driven by tourism. Gym memberships are a bit more that the average US price, but not so much that you will shlt yourself. I spend 5k well more like $4800 per year in Kuwait for a family gym membership in Kuwait. Dubai would be about $1000.
    Man that's bs, if it werent for oil, the country wouldnt have even been developed there would be camels instead of benz and bmw. What tourism does a desert have if it's not developed?
    And if it didnt have oil, why the fk go there and invest billions of dollars just to build the best hotels and buildings in a desert?

Quote Originally Posted by EquilibriumZ View Post
    Man that's bs, if it werent for oil, the country wouldnt have even been developed there would be camels instead of benz and bmw. What tourism does a desert have if it's not developed?
    And if it didnt have oil, why the fk go there and invest billions of dollars just to build the best hotels and buildings in a desert?

Ok there Oil Expert. I am an Executive for the 2nd largest National Oil Company in the Middle East. I know production rates of oil for every country in the GCC and the UAE produces about 240,000 bbl. of oil per day. West Texas produces more oil. Secondly this oil production is not in Dubai, Its in Abu Dhabi for the most part.

Thirdly if you ever have the opportunity to visit Dubai your last question will surely be answered.

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ok there Oil Expert. I am an Executive for the 2nd largest National Oil Company in the Middle East. I know production rates of oil for every country in the GCC and the UAE produces about 240,000 bbl. of oil per day. West Texas produces more oil. Secondly this oil production is not in Dubai, Its in Abu Dhabi for the most part. Thirdly if you ever have the opportunity to visit Dubai your last question will surely be answered.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_r..._Arab_Emirates

Even if "total liquids" means produced water and other by-products, let's say they produce 1/4 oil of what total liquids is they are still well above your estimates.
    Also they have an estimate of somewhere in the vicinity of 1.5mill nationals and a total of close to 7mill expats...those 7million expat people aren't there on holiday.
    Pretty sure the Gulf countries run on Oil export. They cater to is Oil Workers and it's very apparent when I go. I'm no expert but I am experienced

Ok there Oil Expert. I am an Executive for the 2nd largest National Oil Company in the Middle East. I know production rates of oil for every country in the GCC and the UAE produces about 240,000 bbl. of oil per day. West Texas produces more oil. Secondly this oil production is not in Dubai, Its in Abu Dhabi for the most part. Thirdly if you ever have the opportunity to visit Dubai your last question will surely be answered.
    I did visit Dubai, it's nothing but desert with fancy shmancy buildings. If it werent for oil, this country wouldnt have been that developed at all and look the way it looks now. I agree, now it's not purely bAsed on oil at all cause it has all these investments in it.

" Dubai's economy was built on the back of the oil industry, which developed rapidly after oil was first struck in the mid 1960s"

Quote Originally Posted by RigPig View Post
    Oil reserves in the United Arab Emirates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even if "total liquids" means produced water and other by-products, let's say they produce 1/4 oil of what total liquids is they are still well above your estimates.
    Also they have an estimate of somewhere in the vicinity of 1.5mill nationals and a total of close to 7mill expats...those 7million expat people aren't there on holiday.
    Pretty sure the Gulf countries run on Oil export. They cater to is Oil Workers and it's very apparent when I go. I'm no expert but I am experienced

Dubai's economic success is widely known to be attributed to International Investments. Other GCC countries do not have the free trade policies of the UAE and do not allow foreign ownership of land, property or a majority stake in any business venture. The Oil business in the UAE is centered around Abu Dhabi as Abu Dhabi has the majority of the oil within the UAE and is also home to ADNOC the National Oil Company. You will find all the major IOC's in the UAE and that's primarily their regional corporate base that oversee regional activities due to the Free Trade policies. Operationally these companies have very little to do with the Oil & Gas market of the UAE.

Dubai's economy is based primarily on tourism these days as an estimates 50 million people visit the Emirate annually. The Oil money that Dubai does see allows the emirate to subsidize pretty much anything it wants for its citizens, such as Housing, Medical Care, Power, etc.

1: 28 freezones. Areas where businesses pay no corporate taxes, that obviously attract the biggest names in the world, i.e. Microsoft, Honda, Panasonic, Acer, IBM, CNN, Nestle, KBR etc...

Each of these companies need employees. The workers need visas to work. The company pays around 15000 DHS or 3000 EUR for each worker, that is money straight to the government. Now imagine a company needing 200 employees. Those employees live in Dubai, their salary goes towards housing, food, clothing, transport, etc. So a large part of their salary is spent inside the city. While the companies are not taxed, the money they make goes into the government cashdrawer one way or the other anyway.

2: The largest man made port in the world, Jebel Ali Port. Every day, massive ships with hundreds of containers come and go. The UAE has historically benefited from being at the crossroads of 3 continents, Asia, Europe and Africa. It was first a part of the silk route. Then the Portuguese controlled the area after Vasco Da Gama landed here on his way to India. Then the British, for whom Dubai was the most important port en route to India.

3 : Emirates airline, somewhat related to No 2: Because Dubai is so centrally located, it makes sense for the long haul flights to do a stopover in Dubai. Emirates is a huge airline and offers flights from anywhere to anywhere, most of them with a stopover in Dubai. Dubai is a interesting city, and for many people, seeing the tallest building in the world, the biggest shopping mall, the largest man made marina etc, is attractive, so they do a longer stopover and pay for hotels, transport, food, etc while here. Also, Emirates airline is owned by the Dubai royal family.

4: Tourism. You know the saying "build it and they will come"? That's exactly what Dubai has done. From being an unimportant sandy town just 30-40 years ago, it is now one of the most visited cities in the world, and is the city in the world with the highest hotel occupancy on average (89%). There's a man made palm island, the impressive Dubai Marina, Burj Khalifa the worlds tallest building, Dubai Mall and of course the Burj Al Arab. You have beautiful beaches, resorts, gold courses, modern architecture, and amazing vast desert landscapes just 20 minutes outside of the city. For many people, this is a huge attraction. Also, hotels are actually not that expensive in Dubai, and its not an expensive city to visit.

those are the main reasons. And remember, Dubai has almost no oil. Sorry for my previous estimates but Dubai produces 70,000 barrels per day. Denmark produces 230,000 barrels per day in comparison.

Abu Dhabi is the rich emirate with 10% of the worlds known oil reserves and 6% of the worlds known natural gas reserves. Abu Dhabi produces 3.3 million barrels of oil per day. And now, Abu Dhabi is growing at a faster pace than Dubai. Watch this space, as in 15-20 years Abu Dhabi might be the in-city of the region.

By the way, the Airline industry generates 25% of Dubai's GDP
    Last edited by wmaousley; 05-03-2015 at 12:59 AM.

uhit is offline Member
    Dubai's economic success is widely known to be attributed to International Investments. Other GCC countries do not have the free trade policies of the UAE and do not allow foreign ownership of land, property or a majority stake in any business venture. The Oil business in the UAE is centered around Abu Dhabi as Abu Dhabi has the majority of the oil within the UAE and is also home to ADNOC the National Oil Company. You will find all the major IOC's in the UAE and that's primarily their regional corporate base that oversee regional activities due to the Free Trade policies. Operationally these companies have very little to do with the Oil & Gas market of the UAE.

Dubai's economy is based primarily on tourism these days as an estimates 50 million people visit the Emirate annually. The Oil money that Dubai does see allows the emirate to subsidize pretty much anything it wants for its citizens, such as Housing, Medical Care, Power, etc.

1: 28 freezones. Areas where businesses pay no corporate taxes, that obviously attract the biggest names in the world, i.e. Microsoft, Honda, Panasonic, Acer, IBM, CNN, Nestle, KBR etc...

Each of these companies need employees. The workers need visas to work. The company pays around 15000 DHS or 3000 EUR for each worker, that is money straight to the government. Now imagine a company needing 200 employees. Those employees live in Dubai, their salary goes towards housing, food, clothing, transport, etc. So a large part of their salary is spent inside the city. While the companies are not taxed, the money they make goes into the government cashdrawer one way or the other anyway.

2: The largest man made port in the world, Jebel Ali Port. Every day, massive ships with hundreds of containers come and go. The UAE has historically benefited from being at the crossroads of 3 continents, Asia, Europe and Africa. It was first a part of the silk route. Then the Portuguese controlled the area after Vasco Da Gama landed here on his way to India. Then the British, for whom Dubai was the most important port en route to India.

3 : Emirates airline, somewhat related to No 2: Because Dubai is so centrally located, it makes sense for the long haul flights to do a stopover in Dubai. Emirates is a huge airline and offers flights from anywhere to anywhere, most of them with a stopover in Dubai. Dubai is a interesting city, and for many people, seeing the tallest building in the world, the biggest shopping mall, the largest man made marina etc, is attractive, so they do a longer stopover and pay for hotels, transport, food, etc while here. Also, Emirates airline is owned by the Dubai royal family.

4: Tourism. You know the saying "build it and they will come"? That's exactly what Dubai has done. From being an unimportant sandy town just 30-40 years ago, it is now one of the most visited cities in the world, and is the city in the world with the highest hotel occupancy on average (89%). There's a man made palm island, the impressive Dubai Marina, Burj Khalifa the worlds tallest building, Dubai Mall and of course the Burj Al Arab. You have beautiful beaches, resorts, gold courses, modern architecture, and amazing vast desert landscapes just 20 minutes outside of the city. For many people, this is a huge attraction. Also, hotels are actually not that expensive in Dubai, and its not an expensive city to visit.

those are the main reasons. And remember, Dubai has almost no oil. Sorry for my previous estimates but Dubai produces 70,000 barrels per day. Denmark produces 230,000 barrels per day in comparison.

Abu Dhabi is the rich emirate with 10% of the worlds known oil reserves and 6% of the worlds known natural gas reserves. Abu Dhabi produces 3.3 million barrels of oil per day. And now, Abu Dhabi is growing at a faster pace than Dubai. Watch this space, as in 15-20 years Abu Dhabi might be the in-city of the region.

By the way, the Airline industry generates 25% of Dubai's GDP
    Point 4 I can relate to 100%

Lived in Arabian Ranches about 7 years ago and we had no market or anything! Just houses, the closest place for anything was about 15 minutes away (motor city). A few years later they actually built a little center and I when I visited in xmas time, the tram and metro system was developed to the point it would cost $1 to get from the hotel to any major mall in about double the time.

So yes, it isn't an incredibly expensive city to live in, however when people think 'Dubai', they assume they have to splash out for all the luxuries

Point 4 I can relate to 100%

Lived in Arabian Ranches about 7 years ago and we had no market or anything! Just houses, the closest place for anything was about 15 minutes away (motor city). A few years later they actually built a little center and I when I visited in xmas time, the tram and metro system was developed to the point it would cost $1 to get from the hotel to any major mall in about double the time.

So yes, it isn't an incredibly expensive city to live in, however when people think 'Dubai', they assume they have to splash out for all the luxuries
    Ranches is a nice place, great golf . Dubai is just like any other major city, just a bit more modern. I found Chicago, Hong Kong, New York, Beijing and Miami to be more expensive than the UAE.

Thread Information