• 3 Post By Mooseman33
  • 5 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By Simon1972
  • 2 Post By NACH3
  • 6 Post By *Admin*
  • 1 Post By Euroholic

Thread: Deliberate misdiagnosis by a medical professional

Exclamation Deliberate misdiagnosis by a medical professional

I sent an e-mail early this year that I had been drafting for about a year. Maybe you'll find it interesing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Has this thread been locked or anything? Have I broken a rule?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    What your lawyer has to say about it?

Can't get a solicitor to take me up on it. Not yet anyway. The particular psychiatrist I'm talking about is in the Top 5 in the country, and I believe his expert opinion has affected criminal cases and the like. It's sort of a big deal that he's handing out dodgy diagnoses, and could result in Ted Bundy being dug up and stuffed by a taxidermist and placed on Broadway with a sign saying "We're sorry".

DOSA is offline Associate Member
    just craziness

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Am I missing something? You basically admit to abusing prescription drugs and you're pissed about the doctors diagnosis?

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Am I missing something? You basically admit to abusing prescription drugs and you're pissed about the doctors diagnosis?
    Correct. Being "high on drugs" and being "manic" are not the same thing.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    This clears up a lot of questions I was having about all of your posts.
    RaginCajun likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I think they might increase your medication after reading that especially if you add in the letter your views on twins
    Marsoc likes this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Unsure what your asking. So you were binding on benzos prior to going to the dock to ask him if you has bipolar. So he agreed that you had bipolar even knowing that your symptoms were probably from the drug binge prior to this visit. So he prescribed you something and you weren't able to get prescribed the proper stuff for actuall bi polar disorder. And your upset at this. I'm not sure what you mean again dude. I mean. Why are you upset at this. ...seriously. Just wondering. I read it all but still can't come to a conclusion

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KimboHalfSlice View Post
    Can't get a solicitor to take me up on it. Not yet anyway. The particular psychiatrist I'm talking about is in the Top 5 in the country, and I believe his expert opinion has affected criminal cases and the like. It's sort of a big deal that he's handing out dodgy diagnoses, and could result in Ted Bundy being dug up and stuffed by a taxidermist and placed on Broadway with a sign saying "We're sorry".
    File a formal complaint and Send that letter to the State Medical Board. They must investigate all complaints.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Correct. Being "high on drugs" and being "manic" are not the same thing.
    So what was your reason to go there if you knew your depression was from your drug withdrawals. So you went with it anyways and now are trying to see if you can get a lawsuit. Smh if that's the case. That's almost as bad as the situation I heard about someone that gave someone cpr saved their life but broke the persons rib from giving them mouth to mouth. And then the person that was saved sued the person that saved them. ...what exactly are you wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    So what was your reason to go there if you knew your depression was from your drug withdrawals
    I got sectioned. The police came out and detained me and brought me to a psychiatric place.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Why are you airing out your crazy for everybody to see? This isn't a board for legal councel.
    Also: your psychiatrist knows enough about this shit to differenciate the effects of benzos and ETOH from the manifestations of bipolar disorder. (I.e. He discerned that the drugs were a coping strategy for the mental illness, not the root cause of the bebavior).
    Furthermore, nobody would ever get diagnosed with bipolar disorder if you had your way (an overly simplistic reading of the DSM-V criteria), because most people with untreated mental illness attempt to self-medicate with drugs and alcohol.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 09-14-2016 at 04:28 PM.
    Marsoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Why are you airing out your crazy for everybody to see? This isn't a board for legal councel.
    Also: your psychiatrist knows enough about this shit to differenciate the effects of benzos and ETOH from the manifestations of bipolar disorder. (I.e. He discerned that the drugs were a coping strategy for the mental illness, not the root cause of the bebavior).
    Furthermore, nobody would ever get diagnosed with bipolar disorder if you had your way (an overly simplistic reading of the DSM-V criteria), because most people with untreated mental illness attempt to self-medicate with drugs and alcohol.
    I had his misdiagnosis overruled two years ago by the No. 1 honorary consultant psychiatrist in the country.

My original psychiatrist knew that I was off my face on drugs, yet he diagnosed Bipolar Affective Disorder Type 1 anyway.

Those criteria are listed in the DSM-V for a reason.

Many different drugs are known to mimic mania.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    So there are topic cathegory rules for off topic discussions, ey?

Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    So there are topic cathegory rules for off topic discussions, ey?
    I'm really just ramping this up for the day I reveal where I buried the bodies.

I've been thinking about what you said for the past week. Almost sounds like you're saying that it's OK to misdiagnose bipolar disorder in a patient if there's a chance the person might have it.

Imagine if doctors did that with diabetes. Or imagine if doctors did that at all. Doctors aren't supposed to do that.

Nobody knows what causes mania. I reckon that it's caused by repressed memories from early childhood trauma but there's some people who think it's a broken brain.

My original psychiatrist misdiagnosed bipolar disorder in me........ and look at the catastrophic consequences that followed.

Also I think you're reaching with "self-medicate". It's a really really nice sugar-coated way of saying that a person has substance abuse issues.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    buddy, you are bat shit crazy
    RaginCajun, ghettoboyd and NACH3 like this.

I've been thinking about what you said for the past week. Almost sounds like you're saying that it's OK to misdiagnose bipolar disorder in a patient if there's a chance the person might have it.

It isn't a misdiagnosis if they actually have it, regardless of how you arrived at that conclusion. And that DSM-V passage uses that wording on purpose so that the diagnosis can still be made, even when drugs or other illnesses are present, so long as the the mania is not ATTRIBUTABLE to them. All the doc has to do is use his education and judgement to deem that those factors did not cause the mania. And they don't, since benzos and alcohol both have the opposite effect.

Imagine if doctors did that with diabetes. Or imagine if doctors did that at all. Doctors aren't supposed to do that.

Nobody knows what causes mania. I reckon that it's caused by repressed memories from early childhood trauma but there's some people who think it's a broken brain.

My original psychiatrist misdiagnosed bipolar disorder in me........ and look at the catastrophic consequences that followed.

Also I think you're reaching with "self-medicate". It's a really really nice sugar-coated way of saying that a person has substance abuse issues.

Self-medicating is the actual term in this case. They don't like the way the psych meds make them feel, so they turn to street drugs to make the symptoms more bearable (depression, mania, paranoia, etc).
    See bold.

It isn't a misdiagnosis if they actually have it, regardless of how you arrived at that conclusion.

But it is a misdiagnosis if they don't. And they might not. I'm an example of a person who appeared manic but who didn't have it.

And that DSM-V passage uses that wording on purpose so that the diagnosis can still be made, even when drugs or other illnesses are present, so long as the the mania is not ATTRIBUTABLE to them.
    I'm not with you on this. If a person appears manic, there's 4 possibilities:

(1) They have bipolar disorder, and the mania happened naturally
    (2) They have bipolar disorder, and something obvious induced the mania (a small once-off dose of a drug, or an acutely stressful event)
    (3) They have bipolar disorder, and they're not manic but they've taken enough drugs to mimic mania
    (4) They
    don't have bipolar disorder, and they're not manic but they've taken enough drugs to mimic mania

Psychiatrists aren't magicians. They can't tell the difference between actual mania and someone being high on drugs mimicking mania. Psychiatrists don't have special radar for "manifestations of bipolar disorder". I am proof of this.

If someone comes to a psychiatrist for the first time appearing to be manic, they have to rule out the possibility that the person is simply high on drugs. That's why that criterion is in the DSM. My original psychiatrist did not do this.

All the doc has to do is use his education and judgement to deem that those factors did not cause the mania. And they don't, since benzos and alcohol both have the opposite effect.

Take twenty pills of valium per day for 12 days and come back to me.
    Last edited by KimboHalfSlice; 09-19-2016 at 02:24 PM. Reason: typo's

Self-medicating is the actual term in this case. They don't like the way the psych meds make them feel, so they turn to street drugs to make the symptoms more bearable (depression, mania, paranoia, etc).
    That's a drug addict. Curt Kobain was a drug addict. Bob Marley was a drug addict. People who habitually take psychotropic drugs and make excuses for it are drug addicts.

That's a drug addict. Curt Kobain was a drug addict. Bob Marley was a drug addict. People who habitually take psychotropic drugs and make excuses for it are drug addicts.
    Yes, they become addicts. No shit.
    But the point is that most people who are off their psych meds use street drugs, and it isn't a fucking councidence, nor is it because they like drugs more than the general population.
    Anyways, I don't usually make a habit of arguing with psych patients unless the haldol and midazolam are on back-order, so I'm just going to stick with that rule and show myself out of this thread.

Yes, they become addicts. No shit.
    "My dog died, so now I'm going to have a little whiskey in my coffee in the morning"

That's not self-medication. That's substance abuse. That's a drug addict.

But the point is that most people who are off their psych meds use street drugs, and it isn't a fucking councidence, nor is it because they like drugs more than the general population.
    "I like drugs" = abnormal human behaviour

Nobody in the general population likes drugs..... and I say that as someone who got fucked off their face on everything from caffeine tablets to liquid methadone over the past 8 years or so.

I didn't like drugs. I had issues.

Anyways, I don't usually make a habit of arguing with psych patients unless the haldol and midazolam are on back-order, so I'm just going to stick with that rule and show myself out of this thread.
    I only smeered my padded cell with shit twice. Surely I get three strikes?

Do you argue with black people?

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Kimbo, your time here is up. Leave.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    Kimbo, your time here is up. Leave.
    Can you kick people out of the lounge?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Keep posting these types of threads and I can guarantee you won't be here much longer... That's a fact!

Now your off your meds and on cycle?!?! Not safe AT ALL! For you or anyone you come in contact with!
    Simon1972 and Mooseman33 like this.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Shit... And I thought I had been the only one who had became BS intolerant... How far can we go with folks like this ... ??

Sent from my eyePhone

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Nt just the lounge. the way you conduct yourself is of concern. The way You bait
    Members is deplorable. Grow up or get out.

*Admin* is offline AR Admin

Why YES! yes I can... after enough bullshit I can kick you from the whole damn board!!! Good day!
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Well benzos,

I have a mother who is prescribed the big three in abundance
    Xanax
    Klonopin
    Valium

Back in the day we used to damn near eat our body weight in them

Pretty safe as far as OD is concern as long as not mixed with anything else, at all

What is common for these drugs is "paradoxical reactions"

After a certain dose, like 10 valium 10's, or 10 Klonopin 1mg, or 10 Xanax 1mg, is folks got terribly violent off of them, terribly violent indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    After a certain dose, like 10 valium 10's, or 10 Klonopin 1mg, or 10 Xanax 1mg, is folks got terribly violent off of them, terribly violent indeed.
    From my own personal experience: Benzoes + Alcohol = Jail Cell

I knew a girl who used to hallucinate and see a little man when she took Valium(diazepam)....... it just goes to show you that anyone can take an adverse reaction to any drug, pretty much.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by RamboQuarterSegment View Post
    From my own personal experience: Benzoes + Alcohol = Jail Cell

I knew a girl who used to hallucinate and see a little man when she took Valium(diazepam)....... it just goes to show you that anyone can take an adverse reaction to any drug, pretty much.

Are you almond?
    marcus300 likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Are you almond?
    yes it is

Thread Information