Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 3 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 2 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo

Thread: Why are some more prone to polycythemia than others?

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Why are some more prone to polycythemia than others?

The owner of the gym I train is a 47-year-old man, he has been taking exogenous testosterone and other anabolic steroids for more than 15 years, without medical supervision, and without anything like that. He said he never had any side effects caused by increased blood levels.
    I'm a guy completely concerned with these sides, because as I said here, the rise in blood levels can kill us quickly without even realizing it!I was on a Testo C / Deca and Diana cycle and I felt sides like high blood pressure and I freaked out early,I think my pressure was rising because I was drinking a lot of energy drink (Monster cans) that I love so much with the testo cycle with Deca and Diana. I cut out the use of dianabol and deca and stimulants and everything was perfect.
    As I said, do you think that polycythemia can be more serious in some guys who use steroids than others? And how to avoid this side effect, I know that only the doctor can give accurate information, but I know that there are many wise people here on the subject. Aspirin is used for what purpose, to prevent the blood from thickening? When blood tests should be done, how many in how many weeks.

Tapatalk
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Genetics

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    How do you feel the sides of high blood pressure? I've dealt with high BP for a long time and I've never noticed any symptoms (although I am starting to show the effects of it on my kidney function and in the enlarged veins in my retina). They call it "the silent killer," because you don't notice the symptoms until it's too late.

I think you might be mistaking the "amped" feeling from the energy drink as high BP (though those drinks do raise your BP) or maybe it's just an anxiety attack.

But yeah, raised RBC can put you more at risk for a clot. That's one of the reasons bloodwork is important.
    Test Monsterone and JaneDoe like this.

Swap steroids for fruit smoothies. Swap weightlifting for yoga. Attain enlightenment.
    JaneDoe and paulzane like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Swap steroids for fruit smoothies. Swap weightlifting for yoga. Attain enlightenment.

Fluidic Kimbo likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    As mentioned above, genetics. There are several disorders that can cause polycythemia. One of them is Janus Kinase 2 (JAK2) mutation.

There are numerous hereditary disorders. Same for clotting problems. There is a mutation of the clotting cascade that falls under the Leiden factor V (Factor 5) classification. It can cause thrombophilia.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    As mentioned above, genetics. There are several disorders that can cause polycythemia. One of them is Janus Kinase 2 (JAK2) mutation.

There are numerous hereditary disorders. Same for clotting problems. There is a mutation of the clotting cascade that falls under the Leiden factor V (Factor 5) classification. It can cause thrombophilia.
    I understood, master, but what is your opinion about my friend who has been taking steroids for years without medical help?

Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    I understood, master, but what is your opinion about my friend who has been taking steroids for years without medical help?
    Some people get away with things that most people can't get away with.

The prime minister of the United Kingdom, Winston Churchill, smoked 5 - 10 cigars a day, and started his day with a glass of whiskey. He lived to be 90 (which I suppose begs the question: How long would he have lived if he hadn't taken alcohol or smoked?).

There will always be people like Sylvester Stallone who take steroids all their life and are still fit and healthy at the age of 74. 95% of people would not live to be 74 if they'd taken the steroids that Stallone took.

I think most people will agree that it's better to drop dead than to slowly wither away. I hope I'm still walking around unassisted in the last month of my life. My ideal death would be to drop dead doing the weekly parkrun. If I'm bed-ridden at the very end then I hope it's no longer than a week or so, so that friends can come and say their last bit to me.

People who take steroids all their life are far more likely to have a quick death than a slow death. Massive heart attack or fatal stroke. So maybe a lifetime of AAS is ideal?
    JaneDoe likes this.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    To get your red blood count down give blood every few months ..... this keeps the high red blood count under control. In UK you can donate blood every 12 weeks or so .... he should probably get a CBC every year too to keep an eye on it. When I was working abroad (which I did for most of my life) they wouldn't take the blood of a Brit who lived in UK in the 80's because of mad cow disease. I would sometimes, when it was a long time between going to a receptive country, do it myself and just drain a pint out of my arm into a beaker and flush it down the toilet. In Thailand I would get the CBC done and 500ml blood taken out .... they would just throw it in the bin!

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    To get your red blood count down give blood every few months ..... this keeps the high red blood count under control. In UK you can donate blood every 12 weeks or so .... he should probably get a CBC every year too to keep an eye on it. When I was working abroad (which I did for most of my life) they wouldn't take the blood of a Brit who lived in UK in the 80's because of mad cow disease. I would sometimes, when it was a long time between going to a receptive country, do it myself and just drain a pint out of my arm into a beaker and flush it down the toilet. In Thailand I would get the CBC done and 500ml blood taken out .... they would just throw it in the bin!
    I just lie on the questionnaire about the living in Europe part. Doesn’t make much sense.

Thread Information