• 4 Post By Cuz
  • 2 Post By wango
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 2 Post By s1nc1ty
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By Fluidic Kimbo
  • 2 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By s1nc1ty

Thread: Is revenge a bad thing if people hurt you first?

Davi Meireles is offline Associate Member

Is revenge a bad thing if people hurt you first?

In my view of life, it is not about the term revenge when someone did it to you first, your retaliation is about Justice!

For example, a bandit invades your house and kills your family, you survive and decide to catch them...
    Many will say that you are an avenger, but no, you are just doing justice. In my view, we should separate revenge from "Justice" and I'm not talking about fucking government justice, as they minimize the penalties for criminals to commit crimes again.

People are used to hurting others, but they never expect retaliation."
    stocky121 likes this.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I guess it depends on the circumstances.
    But if like you said someone came to my home and killed the rest of my family. Trial by peers justice would not be enough for me
    lovbyts likes this.
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Davi Meireles View Post
    In my view of life, it is not about the term revenge when someone did it to you first, your retaliation is about Justice!

For example, a bandit invades your house and kills your family, you survive and decide to catch them...
    Many will say that you are an avenger, but no, you are just doing justice. In my view, we should separate revenge from "Justice" and I'm not talking about fucking government justice, as they minimize the penalties for criminals to commit crimes again.

People are used to hurting others, but they never expect retaliation."
    There are people in this world that think it is totally justified to shoot somebody dead because that person got in to a minor car accident with them. And let's say somebody murdered your child. Of course you're going to want blood. But even if you killed that murderer, will that give justice? Will that bring back the victim?

Our perspective from being in the first or even the second person often can prevent us from "doing the just thing." That's why we have a legal system and a corrections system. If somebody hurt you, you can sue them, press charges or both. Then a court with a jury of people that are hopefully unbiased (to anything relevant to the case) can decide what is or isn't just.

I mean from my other posts (in other threads), I'm clearly not a big supporter of the current justice/corrections systems. I believe they're as corrupt as possible and have no intention of actually administering justice. But that doesn't mean I'm for taking the law in to our own hands either. It means that the system need to either be fixed or replaced with one that is just and not corrupt.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 11-20-2023 at 03:22 AM.
    stocky121 and XnavyHMCS like this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    You can bet the bank I will be retaliating.
    XnavyHMCS and Davi Meireles like this.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    You can bet the bank I will be retaliating.
    Which makes it very easy to manipulate you.
    Davi Meireles likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    Which makes it very easy to manipulate you.
    Well, unlike you. I actually see results off of anabolic /androgenic steroids . That puts a big smile on my face
    Davi Meireles and JTP$ like this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    It depends on the situation and how strongly you feel about. Sometimes it can be better and easier to forget about it. Sometimes it can be absolutely neccesary to strike back ten fold. Pick your battles, only go to war over something meaningful.
    Last edited by s1nc1ty; 11-23-2023 at 10:42 AM.

And most important, be clever, and cautious. If you act carefully, it is very hard to do something bad to you. Then life is easy no need for revenge. But if you are stupid and naive and everybody fucks you over, and you want revenge on everybody. Part of the problem is in you

JTP$ is offline Associate Member
    my opinion on the matter is that this is a complicated subject and it really depends on the situation. if youre inside your home with your family and some scumbag breaks in with the intent to harm your loved ones or worse you have a right to do what is necessary to stop them.

but in general, it is very common to deal with people who screw you over and stab you in the back. these types of situations suck, however i do not think that being vindictive is the answer. the reason i say this is because we are defined by our actions, and i absolutely believe that everything we do comes directly back to us. life is hard enough, and i really dont need bad karma to come fuck me over. also, focusing on improving yourself over trying to tear down the people you dont like will ultimately be way more beneficial to the overall quality of your life.

I'm more of a psychopathic guy when it comes to this. I know it's not plausible that I'm going to say more if he killed one of my children, a mother or father would certainly clean up the last generation of those who made me suffer .

Then I could settle 7 feet underground! But you can be sure that I wouldn't put a bullet in him right away, I would kidnap him and the people he loves most would start torturing.

So everyone could rest

They would see what pain I'm feeling like.
    Last edited by Davi Meireles; 12-29-2023 at 01:27 AM.

But you can be sure that I wouldn't put a bullet in him right away, I would kidnap him and the people he loves most would start torturing.
    The best retaliation is to leave him alone and not harm him, but instead go throw acid in his mother's face. She will live in agony with her fucked up face:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	acid-lede.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	182890

The best retaliation is to leave him alone and not harm him, but instead go throw acid in his mother's face. She will live in agony with her fucked up face:

Thats a nasty as fuck . If i were in prison and new guy came into the wing and I asked him what you in for and he replied for throwing acid at some womans face. I would instantly know this person is a piece of shit and would stay clear of him

Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    Thats a nasty as fuck . If i were in prison and new guy came into the wing and I asked him what you in for and he replied for throwing acid at some womans face. I would instantly know this person is a piece of shit and would stay clear of him
    There is no limit to a reality! If a criminal killed your mother, would you let it go? I would definitely get revenge, I would just add body suspension hooks on the tramp's mother before of the acid on her with him watching.

Last edited by Davi Meireles; 12-30-2023 at 02:27 PM.
    Fluidic Kimbo likes this.

I confess to you that it would still be little for me, this would be just of the suggestions I could use, due to the fact that I had lost my entire family.

I'm more of a psychopathic guy when it comes to this. I know it's not plausible that I'm going to say more if he killed one of my children, a mother or father would certainly clean up the last generation of those who made me suffer .

Then I could settle 7 feet underground! But you can be sure that I wouldn't put a bullet in him right away, I would kidnap him and the people he loves most would start torturing.

So everyone could rest

They would see what pain I'm feeling like.
    Ok. you made him suffer. Did you really get revenge? Did you tie the score? Because that person he killed is still gone. Even if you kill him, you can't get that person back. No matter what you do to him, you're never going to settle that score. And unfortunately, you and the people who cared about that person have to live with that fact.

I'll give you a more "real" anecdote on the desire for revenge that I had. In 2001, I broke my back, arm, nose, lots of internal bleeding and lost a kidney in a pretty bad car wreck (which is the cause of all my problems now). The guy who was driving it was who I'd call my best friend at the time. He was showing off for a girl, went too fast and we hit a big tree head-on. Mind you to this day, I haven't spoken to him and I really don't even know where he is.

I had fantasies for years about what I would do if I ever got my hands on him. The years of rehab, learning to walk again, the constant back pain that I still feel to this day. I wanted to get even so bad. But let's say I got my wish. Let's say I strangled him. Would my back still hurt? Would I still be going through CKD? And to be honest, I don't even think ending his life would give me any relief for the hate that I have towards him.

So I forgave him. Not for his sake, but for mine. The things he did to me there can't be fixed no matter if I got revenge or not. What I couldn't live with anymore was the grief and anger from hating him and that desire for revenge. By forgiving him, I released myself from that and could move on with the rest of my life.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Ok. you made him suffer. Did you really get revenge? Did you tie the score? Because that person he killed is still gone. Even if you kill him, you can't get that person back. No matter what you do to him, you're never going to settle that score. And unfortunately, you and the people who cared about that person have to live with that fact.

I'll give you a more "real" anecdote on the desire for revenge that I had. In 2001, I broke my back, arm, nose, lots of internal bleeding and lost a kidney in a pretty bad car wreck (which is the cause of all my problems now). The guy who was driving it was who I'd call my best friend at the time. He was showing off for a girl, went too fast and we hit a big tree head-on. Mind you to this day, I haven't spoken to him and I really don't even know where he is.

I had fantasies for years about what I would do if I ever got my hands on him. The years of rehab, learning to walk again, the constant back pain that I still feel to this day. I wanted to get even so bad. But let's say I got my wish. Let's say I strangled him. Would my back still hurt? Would I still be going through CKD? And to be honest, I don't even think ending his life would give me any relief for the hate that I have towards him.

So I forgave him. Not for his sake, but for mine. The things he did to me there can't be fixed no matter if I got revenge or not. What I couldn't live with anymore was the grief and anger from hating him and that desire for revenge. By forgiving him, I released myself from that and could move on with the rest of my life.
    Thats a powerful story
    XnavyHMCS and Honkey_Kong like this.

If you have a depressive crisis, take your AR-15 and hunt him down, he owes you a debt. I don't think the story ends there, but congratulations on your attitude, you know what's best for you.
    XnavyHMCS and Fluidic Kimbo like this.

Edit
    Last edited by Davi Meireles; 12-30-2023 at 06:26 PM.

wango is offline Anabolic Member

Similar situation to the movie “Murderball”. However, he was an incomplete quadriplegic. A VERY moving story. The victim of the crash went on to do amazing things.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Ever seen the movie “Law abiding citizen”

Ever seen the movie “Law abiding citizen”
    If you’re asking me, yes, many times. Because his killing of the dude he video taped is what I’d do. Plus, this was an f’n great movie! Whoever researched that scene did a great job & it was plausible. Tourniquets to control bleeding after limb removal. Stimulants injected to overcome the affects of shock (well thought of).

Being I’ve dissected a face in school, the removal of an eye-lid in order to force him to see the handiwork is iffy, the eyelid has an inner coating that attaches to the eye itself, so I didn’t buy that one, not really plausible.

So yeah to answer your question, if somebody did something to my wife? I’d likely drag it out longer than he, f the video tape.

Question: have you ever skinned a human? I have.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    If you’re asking me, yes, many times. Because his killing of the dude he video taped is what I’d do. Plus, this was an f’n great movie! Whoever researched that scene did a great job & it was plausible. Tourniquets to control bleeding after limb removal. Stimulants injected to overcome the affects of shock (well thought of).

Being I’ve dissected a face in school, the removal of an eye-lid in order to force him to see the handiwork is iffy, the eyelid has an inner coating that attaches to the eye itself, so I didn’t buy that one, not really plausible.

So yeah to answer your question, if somebody did something to my wife? I’d likely drag it out longer than he, f the video tape.

Question: have you ever skinned a human? I have.
    Its a great movie. GB is one of my all time fave actors he played it so well. Ive seen it a 100 times.

Its a great movie. GB is one of my all time fave actors he played it so well. Ive seen it a 100 times.
    Yup. Same here. The Deftones song when he stuck the T-bone through his cell-mates neck was a perfect choice! Great band & song!

Last edited by wango; 12-30-2023 at 09:17 PM.
    almostgone and Cuz like this.

If you have a depressive crisis, take your AR-15 and hunt him down, he owes you a debt. I don't think the story ends there, but congratulations on your attitude, you know what's best for you.
    That's the thing. There's nothing I can collect that will repay the debt. It's not worry carrying the anger and grief for all this time. To forgive is more for yourself than it is for the person you're forgiving. What kind of person are you, if you're constantly living with anger and hate? It will eat away at all of the good in your life.

Besides, part of my "recovery" was getting in to the gym and kicking my ass. Believe it or not deadlifting, good mornings, squats, rows, etc did more for pain relief than the pain meds they gave me ever provided. As much as I love to train, it was also my "medicine" and who knows, I might not have stuck with it as much as I have if not for this happening.

There is a reason behind everything. We might be blind to it at the time and only realise it through reflection.

That's the thing. There's nothing I can collect that will repay the debt. It's not worry carrying the anger and grief for all this time. To forgive is more for yourself than it is for the person you're forgiving. What kind of person are you, if you're constantly living with anger and hate? It will eat away at all of the good in your life.

Besides, part of my "recovery" was getting in to the gym and kicking my ass. Believe it or not deadlifting, good mornings, squats, rows, etc did more for pain relief than the pain meds they gave me ever provided. As much as I love to train, it was also my "medicine" and who knows, I might not have stuck with it as much as I have if not for this happening.

There is a reason behind everything. We might be blind to it at the time and only realise it through reflection.

You're a good guy! I wouldn't let it go unnoticed if I got fucked up because of a son of a bitch who made me lose a kidney. I learned to react according to the environment I live in, there is no mercy for the son of a bitch who wasn't nice to you. I may seem crazy, but I believe that hate and revenge are necessary to live among vultures.

I believe that I have great ease in acquiring,
    (PTSD).
    Last edited by Davi Meireles; 01-04-2024 at 09:32 AM.

There's a saying that says if you want revenge, dig two graves. But there is no truth in that, there are several graves to be dug! And I say even more, all a guy who has lost everything wants is to find death

All that revenge shit is cool in the movies. As a guy whos been to prison. I dont want to go back there.To be forced to be around only degenarates 24/7 with no women while the best years of your life pass you by. So i would think twice before any serious revenge. Is it really worth it. Even if someone fucked you over bad. If you are talking about serious bodily harm, there is high chance you will do serious time also.
    Honkey_Kong and Davi Meireles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    All that revenge shit is cool in the movies. As a guy whos been to prison. I dont want to go back there.To be forced to be around only degenarates 24/7 with no women while the best years of your life pass you by. So i would think twice before any serious revenge. Is it really worth it. Even if someone fucked you over bad. If you are talking about serious bodily harm, there is high chance you will do serious time also.

I understand you, good point to consider! Besides, in prison we can end up being killed by the friends of those we take revenge on. So I think the revenge will only pay off if you plan to live more. It's like blowing up a grenade to fuck everything up. Because no one would be foolish to be captured by an enemy, and locking them in a prison is what ends up happening.

The point is not to hand yourself over to the police authorities, machine gun the vehicle and that's it. No arrests.

You won't come out alive anyway from revenge, it's better to take everyone who gets in your way. The justice of the earth is flawed but yours is not, think carefully if the guy did you wrong you should catch him and that's it

Davi, nothing good comes from revenge. It just escalates further and further. And there is no amount of revenge that will ever give you peace when somebody has wronged you. As hard as it can be and as much as we may not want to, forgiveness and "turning the other cheek" are the only things that resolve things and give peace.

Sometimes it's very difficult to stop and wonder "what would Jesus do in this situation?." It's even more difficult sometimes to "do what Jesus would do." And Satan will use the people and things that matter most to you in order to bring you to sin. To kind of tie this to another thread you made. It's easy to believe in God and say you're a "child of Christ." It's sometimes isn't so easy to live as "a child of Christ." That is one of the challenges, I believe, we were put here on Earth for.
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 01-06-2024 at 02:24 AM.
    Cylon357 and Davi Meireles like this.

Davi, nothing good comes from revenge. It just escalates further and further. And there is no amount of revenge that will ever give you peace when somebody has wronged you. As hard as it can be and as much as we may not want to, forgiveness and "turning the other cheek" are the only things that resolve things and give peace.

Sometimes it's very difficult to stop and wonder "what would Jesus do in this situation?." It's even more difficult sometimes to "do what Jesus would do." And Satan will use the people and things that matter most to you in order to bring you to sin. To kind of tie this to another thread you made. It's easy to believe in God and say you're a "child of Christ." It's sometimes isn't so easy to live as "a child of Christ." That is one of the challenges, I believe, we were put here on Earth for.
    I agree, revenge is a path that leads to hell! The problem is when you witnessed hell when you were still alive on earth... Why for me to see my family murdered by criminals would release the Frank Castle in me.
    Last edited by Davi Meireles; 01-06-2024 at 12:59 PM.

Why for me to see my family murdered by criminals would release the Frank Castle in me.
    Davi, did a cartel murder and dismember your entire family?

Had you considering moving out of Brazil? Sometimes new surroundings are the best remedy. We have lots of Brazillians here in Ireland, a lot of them work in restaurants and bars. Or you could get on a plane here with no money and just go live in a temple.

Davi, did a cartel murder and dismember your entire family?

Had you considering moving out of Brazil? Sometimes new surroundings are the best remedy. We have lots of Brazillians here in Ireland, a lot of them work in restaurants and bars. Or you could get on a plane here with no money and just go live in a temple.
    Hello Kimbo responding to you about this; I didn't have my entire family murdered, but I already had an uncle killed in the 90s for having fights with criminals in the area where he lived. They killed him in the back.

My father and uncle were also involved in the world of crime at the time, but my uncle was unarmed when a guy from the gang he had picked a fight with arrived armed.

Yes Kimbo I would move to a new country to gain some peace of mind. I confess to you that I love my country but there is also a lot of inequality here and violence.

Yes, I met a friend of mine who previously lived in Ireland and worked in a restaurant.
    Last edited by Davi Meireles; 01-20-2024 at 09:02 PM.

Hello Kimbo responding to you about this; I didn't have my entire family murdered, but I already had an uncle killed in the 90s for having fights with criminals in the area where he lived. They killed him in the back.

My father and uncle were also involved in the world of crime at the time, but my uncle was unarmed when a guy from the gang he had picked a fight with arrived armed.

Yes Kimbo I would move to a new country to gain some peace of mind. I confess to you that I love my country but there is also a lot of inequality here and violence.

Yes, I met a friend of mine who previously lived in Ireland and worked in a restaurant.
    Is your desire for revenge with people involved in crime?

You want to know how to reduce the crime and violence where you live? Create community. Take a few hours out of your week to go pick up trash or sweep the alleyways and sidewalks in your neighborhood. Other people will see you doing it and some will go out there and help you. Now you're meeting your neighbors and you're all active in keeping your piece of the town clean. The criminal element is less inclined to be in there.

And the biggest thing you can do to get rid of the crime and violence is to go invite kids to go with you to the gym and take training seriously. If not lifting weights, playing soccer, boxing etc etc. Positive activities that keep them out of trouble and busy so they're not associating with the criminal element or doing drugs.
    lovbyts and XnavyHMCS like this.

You want to know how to reduce the crime and violence where you live? Create community. Take a few hours out of your week to go pick up trash or sweep the alleyways and sidewalks in your neighborhood. Other people will see you doing it and some will go out there and help you. Now you're meeting your neighbors and you're all active in keeping your piece of the town clean. The criminal element is less inclined to be in there.

And the biggest thing you can do to get rid of the crime and violence is to go invite kids to go with you to the gym and take training seriously. If not lifting weights, playing soccer, boxing etc etc. Positive activities that keep them out of trouble and busy so they're not associating with the criminal element or doing drugs.

I do admire the sentiment in your recent posts, Honkey Kong, but some communities you just need to get out of. Davi, I don't know how bad it is where you live, but if cartels are kidnapping police officers and leaving dead bodies hanging from bridges then just pack a bag, grab your passport, and come to Ireland.

Saw this today and it reminded me of this thread.

Name:	433140555_831624195651941_6132093159534131051_n.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	182978
    lovbyts likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Who hurt who is irrelevant. Life is full of pain and the experience is best viewed as an opportunity for growth., like DOMS.
    -
    Revenge, yes, it's bad, "vengeance is mine," said the Lord. This is probably not exclusive to western society.
    -
    I assume you already know all this
    -
    Justice, perhaps I am wrong but justice isn't claimed to the prerogative of only God. So, context must be the difference. Act and perform Justly, but not because your angry, or hurt, perhaps because you are doing it ...righteously (as in not for selfish reasons?)? Seems like a real thin line though.
    Last edited by Quester; 03-23-2024 at 05:52 PM.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It is called Grace. Growth often involves pain. Be bigger than the other and feel good about it. Let it bring you joy to take it on the cheek. Vincit Qui Patitur: He who endures, conquers.

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Revenge is dangerous. Just don't get caught

Thread Information