Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    r01
    r01 is offline New Member

World Strongest Man competition and steroids! Please help me!

Do competitors in World Strongest Man use steroids and other types of drugs? It would be logical, since it is a strength sport. On the other hand they claim that they are clean and that they have tests? Who do you think? Do any of you know how they beat the tests? Or maybe there are no tests?

Froggy is offline Member
    Bro, I watched one set of events & the front runner had visible needle marks all over his delts. I really don't think they test.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    You gotta be kidding. Thats like asking if Ronnie Colman take steriods ....

BigSexy50 is offline Associate Member
    Those guys throw DBOL in their cereal.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexy50
    Those guys throw DBOL in their cereal.
    more like they throw a little cereal in with their DBOL !

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Well Dbol has be quoted as being "The Breakfast of Champions"
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer
    more like they throw a little cereal in with their DBOL!

ColdSore is offline Banned
    i would say lots of var, d-bol, tren and test...and some deca

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    My friend is competing in the strong man circuit this year, I won't mention his name but his stats will give it away when you see him! When I first met him he was competing in the all strength challenge and he was 24 years of age at 6'8" and 420lbs, he was wearing 5XL and told me he was aiming for the 480lb mark...I know for a fact he was taking 6 anadrol a day and a gram of test a week...then he stated he would switch to halo's and test and then finally tren and test! A friend of mine is now training at a strong man camp up here, where I got to see hugo gerard for the first time...theses guy's are sick when it comes to strength, my friend is all natural (at the moment) but I have to tell you it's definately not all gear, these guy's train like nobody i've ever seen and eat half a cow each sitting! Last I heard mr 6'8" was wearing 8XL.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Whoa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallet
    My friend is competing in the strong man circuit this year, I won't mention his name but his stats will give it away when you see him! When I first met him he was competing in the all strength challenge and he was 24 years of age at 6'8" and 420lbs, he was wearing 5XL and told me he was aiming for the 480lb mark...I know for a fact he was taking 6 anadrol a day and a gram of test a week...then he stated he would switch to halo's and test and then finally tren and test! A friend of mine is now training at a strong man camp up here, where I got to see hugo gerard for the first time...theses guy's are sick when it comes to strength, my friend is all natural (at the moment) but I have to tell you it's definately not all gear, these guy's train like nobody i've ever seen and eat half a cow each sitting! Last I heard mr 6'8" was wearing 8XL.
    Last edited by got fina?; 05-07-2004 at 10:33 PM.

zodiac66 is offline Associate Member
    **** that's alot of gear, you know the main staple for these guys is suspension, halo, test, and tren . You guys remember Johnny Perry? He was awesome to watch. Died at the age of 30 from a heart attack (enlarged heart). Not to mention all the stuff he was taking. Too much too fast.
    Last edited by zodiac66; 05-15-2004 at 12:00 PM.

that is sick!!!!....6'8'' 420...good god!...when you watch them train do they do conventional powerlifting movements...or do they train for specific events year around...IE...like pull and carry cars...throw kegs...ect

GymDog is offline Banned
    6'8" & wants to be nearly 500 lbs!!! I don't even wanna see his grocery bill. With stats like that, he has only two jobs he'd be good at:

Professional Wrestler
    -OR-
    Superhero

I hear the X-Men are currently hiring...

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Strongman competitors have to train differently than a typical powerlifter. Of course, powerlifting movements are still key to their program but they focus on "different" kinds of strength. Usually, when it is getting close to comp, they will start to train exclusively on the events.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    that is sick!!!!....6'8'' 420...good god!...when you watch them train do they do conventional powerlifting movements...or do they train for specific events year around...IE...like pull and carry cars...throw kegs...ect
    Beleive it or not they just purchased a 1000lb tire that they flip around the yard, they use to use a 600lb one that I managed to flip twice and almost killed me, since I haven't powerlifted in over 6 years..They've got welding bottles with handles welded on some are 250lbs but they have a set that way 400lbs each, and my big friend walks around with one of those in each hand when practicing! sick isn't it! they've got a pretty good arena of strong man events lined up at their camp, but they also do free weight squats and cleans etc...

Quote Originally Posted by GymDog
    6'8" & wants to be nearly 500 lbs!!! I don't even wanna see his grocery bill. With stats like that, he has only two jobs he'd be good at:

Professional Wrestler
    -OR-
    Superhero

I hear the X-Men are currently hiring...
    When I first met him 2 years ago I was 6'1" at 270lbs and thought I was a fairly big guy? after standing beside him I felt like a tooth pick! his hands were the size of my head almost...nicest guy you'd ever meet though, he had finally gotten some sponsors to back him so he's moved on to the strongman circuit, wrestling would definately be a option for him!

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    You gotta be kidding. Thats like asking if Ronnie Colman take steriods....
    LMAO Bro - no there is no testing !

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    When I first met him 2 years ago I was 6'1" at 270lbs and thought I was a fairly big guy? after standing beside him I felt like a tooth pick! his hands were the size of my head almost...nicest guy you'd ever meet though, he had finally gotten some sponsors to back him so he's moved on to the strongman circuit, wrestling would definately be a option for him!
    He wouldn't happen to be sponsored by a company which sells protein...and is asked to promote is locally?

barbarian is offline Banned
    holy crap 480lbs!!! my god

boistheman is offline Associate Member
    i think they do get tested, but they know way ahead of time the dates of the test

beeffreak6 is offline Associate Member
    Now that is hardcore 480 holy bejesus!

Beleive it or not they just purchased a 1000lb tire that they flip around the yard, they use to use a 600lb one that I managed to flip twice and almost killed me, since I haven't powerlifted in over 6 years..They've got welding bottles with handles welded on some are 250lbs but they have a set that way 400lbs each, and my big friend walks around with one of those in each hand when practicing! sick isn't it! they've got a pretty good arena of strong man events lined up at their camp, but they also do free weight squats and cleans etc...
    jesus...flipping a 1000lb tire!!!...you have to basically deadlift and clean that, then press it on over!!!!...thats unreal

r01
    r01 is offline New Member
    jesus...flipping a 1000lb tire!!!...you have to basically deadlift and clean that, then press it on over!!!!...thats unreal
    OK guys! Some physics laws when you jus start "deadlifting" 1000lbs it is resting on two points, which makes it 500lbs, that you need to lift. Seems more real right . As soon as you willlifting the tire up, the weight om your end decreased and the weight on the ground-poin increases. When they come to a 45 degree angle with the tire, they are already lifting only about 350lbs.
    Anyways, thanks a lot for your answers!!!! They really cleared a lot for me!

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    I think Its Roids are part of evry pro sport

houseofpain is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    I think Its Roids are part of evry pro sport
    in todays world this is very true.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Whoa! Just whoa! Weighs nearly a 1/4 ton at 6'8".
    Dbol , milk, and a spoon full of sugar for breakfast.
    Then out for a day of half ton tire flippin'.

Ah, that's the life.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    lol yea,

thing is about these pro sports, strongman, bb, powerlifting, the competition boards want these HUGE guys/amazingly strong dudes, so they dont care too much about the drug use, which would be why they rarely test...if ever

just my little opinion

Rictor33 is offline Associate Member
    some of those guys take so much juice its unhealthy. Who was that one guy who was a really huge American that died at like 24? He was like 6'9 400 lbs and just ****ing huge and he died of like heart failure in his sleep.

Stormy is offline Female Member
    A freind of mine is a pro strong man. Here are two of his past cycles.

This one was last year:
    30mcg IGF-1 ED, 1200-1600 test prop weekly, 4-800 test cyp weekly, 800mg EQ weekly, 300mg finajet E3D, winstrol -v 50mg EOD. 10iu slin morning and post workout. no orals. will be adding GH in a couple days.

This was early this year:
    I'm up to 310 from 282 when I started. I'm on my second run. took like 3 weeks off and then went back on. still experiencing the tiredness and hunger. no headache or nausea because I'm staying at 30mcg. still running slin at 10iu morning and post workout. the slin is what is really making me grow I believe. the IGF and GH are keeping me lean though and ensuring that the growth from the slin is solid. I tried to get back on prop, fina and winny after taking 10 days off but had to drop em again because I couldn't take it even at half the previous planned dose. body ached and pain all over. growing too fast. gaining weight too fast so I'm quite please to be forced to back way off the AAS. So basically what is accidentally happening here is that I'm bridging between massive AAS use w/ IGF, GH and slin and I'm making the best and fastest gains I've ever experienced. If I can keep this up I'll reach my long term goal of 330 @ 7.5% way sooner than I thought possible.

And as someone else stated, their training is much different then a bodybuilder or powerlifter.
    How bad do you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by §ierra_350
    He wouldn't happen to be sponsored by a company which sells protein...and is asked to promote is locally?
    Actually he was promoting creatine for his sponsor at one time? he was hanging out at the muscle mag stores where a couple of my friends worked!

Master Shake is offline New Member
    Anyone notice how the Worlds Stongest Man Competitions are not held in U.S. , Where gear is illegal? Id bet that they are legal in South Africa, Malaysia, etc where they hold the competitions

Quote Originally Posted by r01
    OK guys! Some physics laws when you jus start "deadlifting" 1000lbs it is resting on two points, which makes it 500lbs, that you need to lift. Seems more real right . As soon as you willlifting the tire up, the weight om your end decreased and the weight on the ground-poin increases. When they come to a 45 degree angle with the tire, they are already lifting only about 350lbs.
    Anyways, thanks a lot for your answers!!!! They really cleared a lot for me!
    wtf?...your smarter than ill ever be..but who gives a ****, they are still tossing a 1/2 ton around!

larry3436 is offline Associate Member
    they have a strong man compitetion on the beach here every year . One of the events is to flip a tire across the beach to a finish line.They have a 600lb tire and a 1000lb tire.Kinda 2 seperate divisions.

I managed to flip the smaller one a few times while messing around after it was all over , i couldnt even budge the big one....let alone these guys who flip it 20 times in 3 mins.

Mullhar is offline Junior Member

Johnny Perry

Just thought I would mention, Johnny Perry died from a cocaine overdose. He did have an enlarged heart, which was probably from the massive amounts of AAS he took, but he had cocaine, along with OxyContin and GHB in his blood.

http://www.drug-overdose.com/news-left.htm?aid=128

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rictor33
    some of those guys take so much juice its unhealthy. Who was that one guy who was a really huge American that died at like 24? He was like 6'9 400 lbs and just ****ing huge and he died of like heart failure in his sleep.
    Johny Perry? yea that dude was ****ing big

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Actually he was promoting creatine for his sponsor at one time? he was hanging out at the muscle mag stores where a couple of my friends worked!
    Does he live around where we live bro? No name needed.

Quote Originally Posted by §ierra_350
    Does he live around where we live bro? No name needed.
    West end I beleive? it was kitchener for a while, but he's training up the Barrie way these days..sometimes..so he must of moved closer. My friend is training at there camp these days and he's all natural (for now)! you must have the right guy in mind because there aren't to many 400+ guys walking around, except for Kovacks!

betatest is offline Associate Member
    To weigh 420 plus, and have the strength and stamina required for those events is **** impressive. Badass.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    i would kill to be 400lbs.... that's crazy

He's closer to 480lbs right now! and only 25 years old! this guy has a future in strongman...he blew out both knee caps a couple of years ago at the all strength finals doing the farmers walk becuase it was in the sand on the beach and the bottles got ahead of him and POP! down he went, both knee caps were up around hi thigh area, where his knee's were suppose to be looked like a couple of soup bowls..I saw him about 6 months after his surgery and was looking good and getting ready to hit the road for the 2003 stronman qualifications...he told me he beat out magnus ver magnusen at the 2002 something or other competition, I know magnus is finished but still beating a former strong man has to feel nice, especially when your 24!

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    i would say lots of var, d-bol, tren and test...and some deca

i agree with u totally on this,,u think some drol too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information