te4vass is offline Junior Member

abcess or infection?

On 4th cycle. second shot of the cycle I injected into my delt. Felt fine going in and coming out. The next day I woke to the usual pain in the arm after an injection. That was friday. Saturday I woke up and couldn't move my arm without a tremendous amount of pain. I took some ibiprofun 800 and it helped but the pain was still there. a little swelling and warm. Sunday was the worst, I got hot and cold flashes all day. I slept all day and felt like crap. And I had increased swelling. The whole middle delt is swollen and tight. Sunday night I started antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory. This morning I feel better but the arm hurts like a bitch still. Its still swollen and is warm to the touch. should I continue the antibiotics and anti-inflammatorys or just go see my doc and tell him what's going on. Kind of afraid to tell him im on the juice. any suggestions guys? should I just ride it out? Or is it an abcess?

thanks

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If its hot to the touch and really red its more than likely an abcess. If you go to the doc just say you were shooting b12

its not red just swollen and painfull. it looks like I might not have injected my needle all the way in and the oil is between the muscle and skin. It does itch a tad but it feels better then it did sunday. if its an abcess will antibiotics take care of it?

bump for more help!

Bump again

sevenmann is offline Associate Member
    good chance they will not take care of it.. i had one myself, had to have it surgically removed...it was a bummer...continue the antibiotics do not stop taking them!

RipitFuel is offline Associate Member
    so what causes an abcess? are they easy to get?

Thread Information