Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wired-up is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Methylated 1-Testosterone. It's available from AR-R, and many other places.
    not for very long though....

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wired-up
    not for very long though....
    No doubt, I have stocked up on the stuff at $10/bottle. Considering you should only run a couple times a year, I have enough to last me a hell of a long time!!! I don't know what I'm going to do with it all, but for $10, how can you go wrong? My liver is groaning right now.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtt23
    WOW I didnt know that. SOOO than dbol should be legal too than! haha
    O wait they are making M1T illigal!! **** COMMUNISTS!
    communists don't make things illegal. that's more typical of the type of government that leads with religious influence, such as muslim theocracies, or "conservative" decomacracies.

but, i think that any methylated compound should be just about as toxic as the next, and barring actual research studies, i think it's a relatively safe assumption.

if you want to extrapolate, consider how difficult it would be for your body to break down. If it's methylated, has triple bonds, isn't affected by alpha reductase or aromatase, these things make it harder to break down and therefore more liver toxic.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 01-06-2005 at 03:06 PM.

Right, communists wouldn't make M1T illegal - it's just everybody would be so gd poor only the wealthiest .01% would be able to afford the $10 a bottle.

fogfrog is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    within 1 month of milk thistle at 1 gram a day you should be well in the normal range of liver values try adding NAC to your regimine as well ALA also helps.
    Should you take milk thistle while taking m1t or only during pct. Milk thistle claims to prevent toxins from entering the liver so would it be counterproductive if taking with m1t?

No, bro, it would definitely not be counterproductive. I recommend 1g/day during cycle and through PCT.

fogfrog is offline New Member
    thx bro

No prob, bro. Quite frankly, a lot of the supplements we take, and just a high protein diet in general puts strain on the liver. After some good advice on this board, I plan to use milk thistle regularly, not just when taking orals. You can buy the powder in bulk and save a lot of money if you are set up to make your own caps. I don't recommend just mixing the powder into a shake - the taste is pretty wicked.

you can get milk thistle 1G softgels from Walmart in a 90ct. bottle for $6. that's pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by wired-up
    you can get milk thistle 1G softgels from Walmart in a 90ct. bottle for $6. that's pretty cheap.
    If that's right, that would be a great deal! You sure about the 1g per capsule, bro?

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    That pill has got to be HUGE!!!

yup. got the bottle right here. made by 'Rexall', Milk Thistle 1000mg per softgel. the pills really aren't that big. here's a pic so you can see the size compared to a mechanical pencil. it's about the same size as a centrum multi vitamin, maybe a little smaller.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IS 10 mg day of M1T harder on you than 40 mg day of D Bol?-milk1.jpg  

and here's the bottle:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IS 10 mg day of M1T harder on you than 40 mg day of D Bol?-milk2.jpg  

For $6, that's a great deal, bro! I will definitely be checking that out! Does it happen to mention on there if it is standardized for a certain percentage of silymarin?

AG5678 is offline Member
    That is a good deal for the milk thistle by the way Whitey: i just sent you a PM

For $6, that's a great deal, bro! I will definitely be checking that out! Does it happen to mention on there if it is standardized for a certain percentage of silymarin?
    no it doesn't. most of them do say that like 80%, but this one doesn't. their label's a little confusing, so i'll just attach it. the bottle of 1G pills was cheaper than the bottle of 200 - 175mg caps. go figure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IS 10 mg day of M1T harder on you than 40 mg day of D Bol?-milk3.jpg  

hmmm... thanks for posting the pics. the label makes me wonder about the dosing of your caps. reason being, you need 1g ED at 80%, right? but if it's not standardized at 80%, you'd need more. i'm trying to figure out wtf the label is trying to say...

peump is offline Senior Member
    there are 250mg of standerdized milk thistle in those capsules (4:1 ratio of useless stuff to usefull stuff) take 4 a day in order to reach 1000mgs a day

yeah, that was kind of my first thought as well - just wanted to be sure. wired-up, do you think that's right?

yeah, that was kind of my first thought as well - just wanted to be sure. wired-up, do you think that's right?
    no i don't. why would it say that's EACH pill equivalent to 1000mg of milk thistle if it wasn't? so if you took 4 pills according to the lable, you'd be getting 4000mg of milk thistle. i think it's 4 parts silybum marianum to 1 part seed. in 250mg of milk thistle extract, 5 parts total, 4 parts means 80% is silybum marianum. here's another site that has a similar product:
    http://www.wonderlabs.com/itemleft.p...122&ad=goolhmt
    Last edited by wired-up; 01-07-2005 at 05:22 PM.

wired up you may be right but maybe we can get a fourth party in here to verify the facts

im almost positive that i am right about this

Quote Originally Posted by peump
    wired up you may be right but maybe we can get a fourth party in here to verify the facts
    yeah that would be good. here's another label from a GNC product:
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...=29384&tab=0#0

im almost positive that i am right about this
    they've got an 800 number i just called, but they're already closed. i'll call on monday.

alot of labels have similar nutrition facts as far as the format, for instance i have an old bottle of gnc ephedra that claims 250mg of ephedra per capsule. upon further inspection you will find that there are only 15mg of standerdized epherine alkaloids per capsule. from my experience with ephedra i can tell you that 250mg is not a reasonable dose.

alot of labels have similar nutrition facts as far as the format, for instance i have an old bottle of gnc ephedra that claims 250mg of ephedra per capsule. upon further inspection you will find that there are only 15mg of standerdized epherine alkaloids per capsule. from my experience with ephedra i can tell you that 250mg is not a reasonable dose.
    but even on the nutrition label, it said it was only 15mg. i've seen them to say that they have a 250mg 'fat burning blend' but not 250mg of ephedra. i just don't see why they'd label it 1000mg milk thistle on the front label and the nutrition label if it really wasn't that much. there's not really any fine print here like there is with your ephedra. there are tons of other brands of 1000mg milk thistle out there. i don't see why it wouldn't have 1G in it.

alright heres the run down it does have 1000mg of milk thistle total but only 250mg in each cap are standardized.
    4 parts whole milkthistle seed to 1 part standardized extract. standardized to what i dont know?

so take 4 or take 1 ED?? in order to reach 1000mg per day

I would take 2 each day its not only the standardization that helps with the liver but its a big part. 2 would give you 500mgs standardized and 2grams ed should be enough IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information