TheRel33 is offline Banned

Steroids Too Soon?

I just wanted to know what everyone could bench before the started taking steroids . It seems like alot of people are taking them too soon before they have gone as far as they could natural first. I stared last year at 22 when i got to 350 on bench naturally. i was stuck there for a while and just felt it was time to go on the juice. so if you could share your info on this it would help thanks.

restless1 is offline Associate Member
    i dont do alot of single (max) lifting. i try to do reps.........depending on compound im running i have to 455 x 2.......strict reps...........im definitely no powerlifter

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRel33
    I just wanted to know what everyone could bench before the started taking steroids. It seems like alot of people are taking them too soon before they have gone as far as they could natural first. I stared last year at 22 when i got to 350 on bench naturally. i was stuck there for a while and just felt it was time to go on the juice. so if you could share your info on this it would help thanks.

i don't think you could categorize it on max lift's also height and weight play's a big part especially me been a short 5,6

i think it should be based on height weight BF and LBM
    no open source posting
    keep all source request's to PM'S please

someone once said to me a clever man learn's by his own mistake's. But a wise man learn's by the mistake's of other people.

detailed detection times
    at least 45 day's active use and 100 posts for a source check
    unsure about the rule's please read up
    thread for first cycle choices

SOURCE CHECKS CLICK HERE

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Well, I agree that many people do start taking them prematurely, or as an "easy route". I don't know exactly how much I was benching before I started gearing up, but I can tell you I just about reached my genetic limits by that point. Unless you wait until you get to that point to get geared up, you're just having the gear do what you could've done naturally anyway and it will make it all the harder to get past that point later down the road with cycles.

PhiNally is offline Associate Member
    I believe many people on here know what they were doing and didn't start too early, but I also think many people started early because it was there and worked. You looking for max or reps before roids?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiNally
    I believe many people on here know what they were doing and didn't start too early, but I also think many people started early because it was there and worked. You looking for max or reps before roids?
    oh, on here? i thought he was talking about in general. on here, people are more informed i agree. then again, look at what you have access to here.

LOKITSC is offline Junior Member
    Rookie question: Assume one hasn't reached their full genetic potential and uses gear. Does that prevent them from reaching and, with use of gear, exceding their genetic potential, or will it just require more gear than if they hadn't used gear? When one stops using gear nat. test levels will return to previous levels, correct? So, one who has used gear should have the same ability to gain as they did before gear? Lastly, one should be able to make natural gains after using gear? Can't gear act as catalyst for growth past a platue (sp?) then nat. gains follow? Some many questions. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKITSC
    Rookie question: Assume one hasn't reached their full genetic potential and uses gear. Does that prevent them from reaching and, with use of gear, exceding their genetic potential, or will it just require more gear than if they hadn't used gear? When one stops using gear nat. test levels will return to previous levels, correct? So, one who has used gear should have the same ability to gain as they did before gear? Lastly, one should be able to make natural gains after using gear? Can't gear act as catalyst for growth past a platue (sp?) then nat. gains follow? Some many questions. Thanks.
    to answer your questions here, no, the use of gear will not prevent you from reaching and/or exceeding your genetic potential, it will do what you mentioned secondly. as your body gets more and more used to gear by doing cycles, you will have harder and harder times making gains on it, much like after you've been working out for years it gets harder and harder to make additional progress. so, if you take gear before reaching your max potential, you'll in essence make a lower max limit as for how far the gear can take you and will spend much more money in the long run getting the same gains you would have if you had waited to take the gear until you came close to reaching your genetic limits first. so in short, taking gear prematurely means less results for more money and less long-term potential physically.

yes, after using gear your natural test levels will return to normal eventually, but it may take months depending on the length of your cycle and what was used. but no, you will not have the same ability to gain after using gear. first of all, the additional benefits the gear had been giving you will be gone, so if anything you'll lose before you have any chance of gaining again, even if you weren't still at your genetic potential. second, after finishing most cycles, your test levels will be shut down for some time, so you'll also be losing gains in the end because of that without proper pct, and even then you'll still lose some of the gains. eventually if you're still below your genetic potential, you may be able to make gains again, but it will take a long time, so trying to rush it with gear will only make your life harder in the long run and cost you a decent amount of $ in the process.

to answer your final question, no, gear is not for getting yourself past a plateau. it's not supposed to be a crutch, it's supposed to be an enhancement. if you're stuck at a plateau, you need to make adjustments to your diet, workout routine, or other part of your training. gear should not be used for that intent. i'd suggest going to the fitness forums section and working on those things before looking into gear.

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    I say **** it...as long as your diet and training is good use gear if you want. It is a personal choice. Some people just want the fastest route to a reasonable goal. I just want to be 6'0, 200 lb and 8% BF and I am using gear to get me here faster than I could naturally. Now if your diet sucks don't waste your money on gear just yet. It isn't hard to get a good diet down just hard to stay consistant. Once you figure out what you like to eat that gets your needed daily nutrients it is just a matter of sticking to it.

TheRel33 is offline Banned
    this is all good information but i don't think anyone has answered my question yet.

mr. snakes is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRel33
    I just wanted to know what everyone could bench before the started taking steroids. It seems like alot of people are taking them too soon before they have gone as far as they could natural first. I stared last year at 22 when i got to 350 on bench naturally. i was stuck there for a while and just felt it was time to go on the juice. so if you could share your info on this it would help thanks.

Not too soon. I was 21 when i did my first cycle: Dbol 50mg for 8wks......

mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member
    I was 32 befer my first cycle. I was plateued for about 13 years in bench (385 to 405 for a single). my squat and dead were pleteued for about 10 years. It is amazing to find gains in every lift. every day is christmass when your on.

as far as what age i was when i started doing gear, i was about 22, and had 8 years of training under my belt by then. i'm not answering the "how much did i bench" question cause i don't play p*ssing contests.

i don't know about you guys, but i don't see the "all naturals" typically maxing out on 350+ in the gym. yet, all the guys posting here about how much they did all seem to be that 1 in 50 or so that could. not saying it isn't possible and not accusing anyone in particular of lying, but it's very rare, and everyone posting about their "natural bench" before gear just happened to be up there with the few elite that could naturally achieve that? just one of the many reasons i'm not contributing. i just don't feel this is a subject that most people are going to be completely honest on.

cornhole is offline New Member
    everyone is different.first time i ever lifted i could bench 315 for a couple a reps.a few years later 495.after 2 cycles i wont even go there!

Thread Information