CatGrabber is offline Member

Do I gotta get fat???

After all my research I now conclude I have to get in 4000 to 5000 calories for my cycle. Can I do this and NOT get fat? What about cardio? Thanks

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    if you do a bulking cycle you can expect to gain SOME fat.

lets say you take in 4000-5000 calories and make it clean foods, you won't gain as much fat though.

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    Rule of thumb from what I've read is no cardio when on a bulking cycle. You'll just lose some of what you gain. Depending on your size now, you'll either gain some lean mass and fat, or just lean mass. If you have a very low BF % now, like 8 % or so, my guess would be you'd be gaining mostly lean muscle, maybe a small amount of fat. Remember, this is mostly if you cycle right, diet right, train right, etc. If you have a high BF %, like 15 % or above, like me, then you'd definitely be looking at gaining some fat on a bulking cycle. My guess is to bulk bulk bulk, be muscular and fat, then plan a cutting cycle or two to lose some of it. Me personally, I'm not interested in looking like Arnold so my first cycle is going to be a cutting cycle, to lose some BF while gaining mass (albeit a smaller amount), and getting my veins more vascularized and my muscles harder for a more cut look. Hope I helped you out some.

CatGrabber is offline Member
    Thanks for the info

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    the usual goal i read is to try and gain 2:1 ratio like say u gain 12 pounds u want 8 of it to be muscle i forgot where i read that today but im sure it was on here somewhere

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    You will get fat and you will like it young man....J/k

Really it helps a lot if you eat clean food. But thats a lot of clean food while bulking

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    i dont think i've gained much fat at all so far, and i eat a ton! i am getting tired of chicken and tuna all day everyday though....

btw, im up over 15 lbs and im going into wk5 right now

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Back to basics here kiddies!

You will get fat on a bulking cycle if you eat more calories than your body requires. That's all hter eis to it.

If you are trying to bulk and you don't eat enough calories, you will not gain the maximum amount of muscle on your cycle. If you eat too many calories, you will gain the maximum amount of muscle and the extra calories are converted into fat.

The reason most people gain fat on a bulk cycle is because they eat more calories than they require to insure that they maximize muscle gains. Most people feel that gaining a little fat is a decent tradeoff to insure that they maximize muslce gains, then diet & do cardio post-cycle to lose the fat.

If you watch your caloric intake you can avoid gaining fat on a bulk cycle, however, you will risk not maximizing your muscle gains.

That's it in a nutshell!

Thread Information