Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scammers list

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roger24
    ok. but i personaly think that it was a good thing to take the scammers list down. because what if someone pm a mod, and say they were scammed by so and so. then the ligit source gets put on the scammers list, and everything gets messed up. imho
    I don't think the mods would add a source to the Scammer List unless there was a preponderence of proof (actual physical proof, not just unsubstantiated accusations) which they had ALL seen over the course of time. I mean, how long did it take A*** to be openly unmasked as a Scammer?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
    I don't think the mods would add a source to the Scammer List unless there was a preponderence of proof (actual physical proof, not just unsubstantiated accusations) which they had ALL seen over the course of time. I mean, how long did it take A*** to be openly unmasked as a Scammer?
    i agree! scammers list down....it just leaves alot of people as open targets to get screwed. if your name was on the list, chances are it was deserved, not that there was a giant conspiracyto screw certain sources. from what i know, all on there deserved the title they achieved"scammer" and that was that.

Quote Originally Posted by duke911
    First hookers profiles and now the scammers list. what next?
    What do you mean? My profiles are gone?

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    What do you mean? My profiles are gone?
    WAIT!! WHERE?!!

Are they back??

Who are you talking about? I have no problems telling you what happened with anyone who has been on staff here.

I think the "1-on-1 forum" is a better idea than a scammer list, personally.

How would this "1-on-1 forum" work? Isn't it just "Source Checking" under a different name?

If I have a potential source that I want vetted, I would usually first check the Scam List to see if the source was so blatently bad that he had been posted there. Not finding him there, I would then DISCRETELY ask certain Mods whom I trusted if the source was good.

With what are we going to replace this system?

Now, I would have to sign up for the 1-on-1 forum (but then, anyone here could sign up, right?) then I search around on there for the name of my potential source? Isn't that the infamous and dangerous "Open Posting of Sources"? Would I ask a Mod there for a PUBLIC posting of whether or not a Source is legit? (I'm still looking for the "new and improved" aspect, here.)

Would the forum only post the queries containing the names of sources who were already known to be Scammers? If so, isn't it just the same thing as the old Scammer List under a new name?

Has someone actually thought out what will replace the old List? Or are we just making this up as we go?

-T
    Last edited by BigLittleTim; 07-19-2005 at 04:30 PM. Reason: typo

Tim...you're not understanding me...

A "1-on1" forum is simply another forum. All members have access to the forum, but they can only read their own threads that they post personally. You can't read (or even see) threads started by others.

SO if you post a thread like "How's source X?" then all the mods can see it, and you can see it, but nobody else can. Then you don't have to send 15 pm's to have all the mods see your question. Get it? You'll post 1 question, only you and the mods can see it, and (hopefully) you get a bunch of answers from all different mods in the same thread.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    A "1-on1" forum is simply another forum. All members have access to the forum, but they can only read their own threads that they post personally. You can't read (or even see) threads started by others.

SO if you post a thread like "How's source X?" then all the mods can see it, and you can see it, but nobody else can. Then you don't have to send 15 pm's to have all the mods see your question. Get it? You'll post 1 question, only you and the mods can see it, and (hopefully) you get a bunch of answers from all different mods in the same thread.
    Sounds good, were are those profiles, pm them to me so I can study them myself!!JK LOL Unless you will

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Sounds good, were are those profiles, pm them to me so I can study them myself!!
    They're back, actually.

And now, copyright law is applicable to those profiles, in case anyone is wondering.

BG
    They're back, actually.

And now, copyright law is applicable to those profiles, in case anyone is wondering.
    Tight, all the other boards can suc it now!!!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    They're back, actually.

What was the $ of that?

BG
    Whats the password hooker, open sez me????

There's no password...they're there....

mekler is offline Associate Member
    which profiles and where?

mekler is offline Associate Member
    oops nevermind, i dont read so good.

hooray for 200 posts, only took me 3 years or so? haha

Well, that doesn't sound like that bad of a system.

We troops on the ground actually are capable of, and appreciative of, honest and straightforward communication from Central Command:

"We've done away with the Scam List because it opened the Mods up to death-threats and the Owners up to huge legal liability. We're going to replace it with a 1-on-1 forum that works like THIS. The new forum will be up and operational on THIS date. Hope you can all bear with us until then."

"BDTR didn't Retire to take care of his Dad. He just started his own for-profit board, and he mis-used his position of trust here to try and recruit members. You can all understand why he has been banned from this board. Thank you for your support."

"Hooker's Profiles will be back as soon as we get them Copy-righted. It should take some time and expense on our part. We'll keep you posted."

"The reason Daddy falls down in the bathroom isn't because he's sleepy, it's because he's a drunk. Mom would leave him but she doesn't have any money, or anywhere to go with all you kids." (oops, wrong board.)

-BigLittleTim
    Last edited by BigLittleTim; 07-19-2005 at 05:15 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

There's no password...they're there....

Dove est i Profiles?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
    Well, that doesn't sound like that bad of a system.

We troops on the ground actually are capable of, and appreciative of, honest and straightforward communication from Central Command:
    I'm certainly not central command...

"We've done away with the Scam List because it opened the Mods up to death-threats and the Owners up to huge legal liability. We're going to replace it with a 1-on-1 forum that works like THIS. The new forum will be up and operational on THIS date. Hope you can all bear with us until then."
    Thats not 100% correct, though..and...

A 1-on-1 forum is a suggestion from me, nothing more...I don't know if it will be taken.

"BDTR didn't Retire to take care of his Dad. He just started his own for-profit board, and he mis-used his position of trust here to try and recruit members. You can all understand why he has been banned from this board. Thank you for your support."
    "Retired" is simply a euphimism....

I don't know wtf is going on with his dad, though...I genuinely hope his dad, girlfriend, whatever are ok....maybe he is taking care of him/her/them....but he was booted from his position here for being an ass-clown.

"Hooker's Profiles will be back as soon as we get them Copy-righted. It should take some time and expense on our part. We'll keep you posted."-BigLittleTim

Well...we told you they were gone and would come back.....

"Retired" is simply a euphimism.

So he was a Replicant?

Yes. But I am the Nexus-1.

Well, I hope they take your advice about setting up that forum.

When you reduce AR to "first principles" ,and all that stoic philosopy ("What is it, in and of itself?") it is primarily a place to check WHAT is available (the Profiles), How to do it, and if a possible source is legit or not (Scam List, P.M.ing a Mod., etc.)

Take that away and what's left? (not that I don't like the WAR, POLITICS, and MAYHEM forums, too.)

duke911 is offline Junior Member
    My BAD. I didnt know the profiles were back up. Thank god. I was starting to have withdrawals. lol thanks hook

Yes. But I am the Nexus-1.
    and you don't find out, until the last reel of the film, that the the Bladerunner whose job was to "retire" the replicants... was himself a replicant!

I dream of electric sheep...

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member

Yo Hooker that sounds bad ass.. I truly hope they make that forum happen.

How long would it be , if they decide to?

Im gonna PRINT all the profiles now soo ill never be without em..

~DV~

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyvegas
    Yo Hooker that sounds bad ass.. I truly hope they make that forum happen.

How long would it be , if they decide to?

Sorry...I don't know and wouldn't be participating in such a forum if it did happen.

I don't want anything to do with sources, in that regard...you really have to keep up on that kind of shit to know who's gone bad, etc...

I just don't really care, to be honest. It's not my thing.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Anyway, that board sucks, to make a long story short....it's simply not a good place to go to learn about anabolics. The Admins know next to nothing about AAS, the Smods know a little about AAS, and ironically, their mods know more than either the Admins or Smods, but still nothing to write home about; ultimately, you can fit most of what that board's staff knows about AAS and related areas into a thimble and still have room.

No offence hook, but wouldn't you agree that it is that way on AR as well. I'm sure you and other regular mods here know more than the Smods (knowledge wise) and probably more than Brian too. It's kind of hypocritical to say these things when it is basically the same structure as this site in terms of power.

Not trying to start a fight, just making a statement. I don't really care either way, I'm just out there to help wherever I can. I don't talk about things I know nothing about, so I guess that takes me out of your comments since I don't really advise on AAS usage.

Again, not trying to start a fight, just making a point.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

I just don't really care, to be honest. It's not my thing.
    Me either, hence my autosignature. Yet, I still get pm's daily asking me this type of shit.........uggh, when people learn to read the world will be a far better place.

~SC~

superstretch74 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    This board is going the direction of being the most informative in AAS/Training/Diet/etc.

We'll leave the scammer drama and all of the b.s. that comes with that to the other boards to deal with. BC has a bigger vision, one that has us being light years ahead of any other board on the virtual highway.

However, to say that we are "going to let scammers do biz here" just because a forum was deleted, makes no sense at all and couldn't be further from the truth.

~SC~

~SC~
    Yes but if you remove a list of well known scammers it makes it easier for them to scam again, PERIOD.

I don't see the FBI or America's most wanted not posting pics or informing us of thier crimes, IMO it is much harder to do a crime or scam someone if you have your name and face posted all over the place.

I think thats why most criminals wear masks, but I could be crazy. I know when I was looking for a source it helped me tremendously to browse a list or board in this case.

Does having the board mean we won't get scammed? Absolutely not, but it may narrow those odds.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    No offence hook, but wouldn't you agree that it is that way on AR as well. I'm sure you and other regular mods here know more than the Smods (knowledge wise) and probably more than Brian too. It's kind of hypocritical to say these things when it is basically the same structure as this site in terms of power.

I don't think the mods (on average) know more than the Smods here.....so no, I disagree with that statement. Also...the comparison of Admins is not relevant because B.C. (our Admin) is simply the board owner and doesn't give AAS advice at all. Nor does he source or run a UG Lab. Can the other board we're talking about say the same about all of the owners/admin. Let me answer for you:

NO.

SO....I suppose, essentially, I disagree with everything you just said, in the way that you are drawing unlike comparisons.

I stand by my statement that the board in question is not a good place to learn about anabolics, nor to compare to AR, in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Me either, hence my autosignature. Yet, I still get pm's daily asking me this type of shit.........uggh, when people learn to read the world will be a far better place.

~SC~
    Exactly. I mean...we're be the number one board for Diet, AAS, and (hopefully) training. I think...if you take the top people from all the boards, our top guys are in there....no doubt we have people of the highest caliber, in every category.

As for not having a scammers forum...I guess we'll have to "settle" for being the #1 training, aas, and diet board...

Oh well....

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    I don't think the mods (on average) know more than the Smods here.....so no, I disagree with that statement. Also...the comparison of Admins is not relevant because B.C. (our Admin) is simply the board owner and doesn't give AAS advice at all. Nor does he source or run a UG Lab. Can the other board we're talking about say the same about all of the owners/admin. Let me answer for you:

NO.

SO....I suppose, essentially, I disagree with everything you just said, in the way that you are drawing unlike comparisons.

I stand by my statement that the board in question is not a good place to learn about anabolics, nor to compare to AR, in any way.

LMFAO..... right. Sorry but I have to disagree with you about the comments that the mods here know less than the smods. Not knocking anyone, but I think you and Swole are perfect examples. Either way, I don't care. As for the UG lab stuff, I know nothing about it nor do I wish to, and I've never seen evidence of it. Don't see how it is really relavent here anyway.

Nite everyone.

As for not having a scammers forum...I guess we'll have to "settle" for being the #1 training, aas, and diet board...

Oh well....

Yeah, bummer huh!?!?!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by superstretch74
    Yes but if you remove a list of well known scammers it makes it easier for them to scam again, PERIOD.
    Only people who order on-line w/out checking with moderators on boards who are willing to do source checks (there are people here who do that) are opening themselves up to be scammed. So, scammer forum or no scammer forum, it boils down to the person doing the ordering, how much research and time he/she puts into doing background checks and the like, etc. Every man for himself I guess you could say, and that is how life in general is in MANY aspects.

Just because there is a list of scammers in a forum doesn't mean that would cure all the scamming that occurs. There could be a scammer on the rampage who is not on that list, so it's hit/miss. Bottom line is the owner here wishes to have no part in this run-around b.s. game, and that's all that need be said.

We'll focus on other areas of fitness/nutrition/health/AAS educational info./etc., as we have the best in the biz here. There is more fruit to harvest from those interests than from that of a scammer forum. Sour grapes never taste good.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 07-19-2005 at 11:45 PM.

Not to undermind anything said here by anyone...we are still waiting to hear the final word on the sacmmer forum from System Admin. Case isn't fully closed yet.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    taking down the list of scammers imo isnt a bad idea. it shouldnt matter. this site is set up to answer you steroid questions and to learn to grow with diet and training. you are not on AR for a source so if you are talking to a source from AR assume it is a scam. there are many boards out there that do source and each one of them have open scammer forums. you can easily find out if legit or scam. simple as that

also i dont usually get involved on the issue of bdtr and his board but i will say this. imo AR is still better place to be. bdtr and a bunch of those guys are awesome guys. i wouldnt exactly say that they dont know what they are talking about as most of those vets and mods were either mods or vets here or on other big boards before. my thought about that site tho is that its only good for their lounge as most of the other forums have very slow traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    taking down the list of scammers imo isnt a bad idea. it shouldnt matter. this site is set up to answer you steroid questions and to learn to grow with diet and training. you are not on AR for a source so if you are talking to a source from AR assume it is a scam. there are many boards out there that do source and each one of them have open scammer forums. you can easily find out if legit or scam. simple as that

also i dont usually get involved on the issue of bdtr and his board but i will say this. imo AR is still better place to be. bdtr and a bunch of those guys are awesome guys. i wouldnt exactly say that they dont know what they are talking about as most of those vets and mods were either mods or vets here or on other big boards before. my thought about that site tho is that its only good for their lounge as most of the other forums have very slow traffic.
    Maybe it should be ironforlounge.com Just kidding.

PrimoPup is offline Associate Member
    Well i think it was because of that ****Shop incident. Since he was added to the scammers list all hell seemed to break out. I am starting to think that all the threats he made were real, and jolted a few people! Just my 2 cents. Well now i know it is about A.l.i.n. since now you can not even say the word A.l.i.nShop without the word **** being censored.

• ~ • VFA-41 'Black Aces' • ~ •
    Last edited by PrimoPup; 07-24-2005 at 04:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information