Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    100m champ is offline Member
    When you order western union couldnt you have it so you pick it up a the post office, instead of it being shipped to your front door at home??

msu16366 is offline Member
    Actually about 6 months ago when I started using WU I never had to show ID and always used a fake name. Now everytime, no matter what branch I go to I must show ID to send money, even if less than $1000. I asked why they never asked for ID before and she said it is required always and the other people were not doing there job. Best advice I can give is have you and a buddy go in on something. One of you use your real name for the WU and have the order shipped to the other friend.
    Than by chance if the feds do track strange money transfers they will be watching the wrong address for a package.
    This might not be necessary but if your paranoid like me its the way to go.

8-MAN is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msu16366
    Actually about 6 months ago when I started using WU I never had to show ID and always used a fake name. Now everytime, no matter what branch I go to I must show ID to send money, even if less than $1000. I asked why they never asked for ID before and she said it is required always and the other people were not doing there job. Best advice I can give is have you and a buddy go in on something. One of you use your real name for the WU and have the order shipped to the other friend.
    Than by chance if the feds do track strange money transfers they will be watching the wrong address for a package.
    This might not be necessary but if your paranoid like me its the way to go.
    smart way to go...i still don't have to show id though. if they ask ill be like i forgot it, now give me my money back so i can try somewhere else.

caddilac is offline Associate Member
    would it be just as safe to use the online money transfer if you're going to use your real name in person anyway?

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caddilac
    would it be just as safe to use the online money transfer if you're going to use your real name in person anyway?
    i wouldnt cause then they have your credit card info also.. if you were ever busted i would say give them the least amoutn of info possible so your attorney has something to work with

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    But how are they gonna track the money sent, as being from you if there is no proof ie your name and address etc on the WU sheet...?

Then all you have to worry about is gettin the package safely, and if there is a controled delivery, just deny it. or let it be seized.

Right? can we discuss this more?.....

TAPPER is offline Junior Member
    Although I'm new to the forums and this lifestyle I know a few things about money transfer and staying safe. When it all boils down WU (money transmitter), check cashing places (currency exchanger/dealer), stores that sell money orders (money service business), etc. are considered financial institutions. Depending on the type of institution and method of transmission federally mandated recordkeeping kicks in at $1000 or $3000. This means you have to produce id and your info will be on file for 5 years. Therefore, NEVER, send $1000 or more in one transaction.

Have a complete understanding of how the money transfer system works. In the case of WU the majority of the cashiers entering the data don't and their lack of knowledge can seriously impact your transaction. As others have mentioned, screw up the test question and all hell breaks loose.

Have a complete story prepared beforehand. Nosy cashiers, "concerned" managers, etc can slip you up unless your prepared. Memorize the to/from information even if its fake.

Dont trust anyone! Your source may be the best but when push comes to shove some will turn on their own blood. There is a huge difference between some crazy person sending you these packages and proof of you ordering them. Dont help build a case against yourself. Never use your real name, home/work computer, home/work/cell phone for "business' reated stuff.

Keep in mind its much better to lose a few grand by being on the safe side that to shell out much more than that on just a lawyer alone.

pearljam is offline Junior Member
    use E-gold its cost effective and safer IMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information